3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

Dedge 03-28-2009 06:20 PM

First name: Dedge (nickname, pronounced Deedge)

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 dogs 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Never been comfortable enough to take many on :(

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 07, 2009

Starting Weight: 273

Present Weight: 259

Goal Weight:153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cravings, self control

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Structure!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ready to let the true me shine!

Freezerpop 03-29-2009 03:38 PM

First name: Kelli

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0!

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, graphic arts (pixel art mainly), knitting, making crafty things, and bellydancing.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown (currently dyed black)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 10th, 2008

Starting Weight: 210 (my all-time high was 235)

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being broke.

Following any specific plan: Just plain old calorie counting and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've realized that I'm way too young to have so many health problems (gallstones, stomach ulcers, arthritis in my feet and ankles to name a few) and if I don't want it to keep getting worse, now is the time to do something about it. So yeah, the weight loss isn't my main goal this time, being healthier is. Also, being single now helps. ;) That gives me a lot more time to devote to working on myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nah, that just about sums it up. ;)

lady bug 03-30-2009 12:10 AM

First name: Kait

Geographical location: NY

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: one cat!

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a VW enthusiast, I spend most of my time tinkering with/reading about vw's.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2009

Starting Weight: 152

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: SELF CONTROL

Following any specific plan: Trying to minimize my bingeing and start regularly exercising. I already eat healthy, I just eat too much. I need to learn how to control my portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never really had a weight issue, I was always healthy and active. Once I moved out onto my own, started eating out more and drinking I gained roughly 32lbs in about a year and a half. I now need to make a difference and actively change my habits.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My wardrobe has doubled over the past year and a half. I had to buy larger clothes that actually fit me, however I REFUSE to let go of my smaller jeans and dresses. Hopefully they will motivate me. :^: I want to feel great about myself again. Before gaining this weight I rarely wore makeup because I felt beautiful naturally. I now find myself putting on extravagant makeup to compensate for my weight. :(

tandifrass 03-30-2009 02:21 AM

After two months I just realized I haven't ever done this!

First name: Tandi

Geographical location: yucky cold MI

Marital Status: Almost engaged [lol]

Children/Ages: Brooklyn <3 a year last weekend

Occupation: Full time student and assistant manager at a department store looking for a change of career

Pets: never.

Hobbies/Interests: not alot of time for all that jazz. I read the shopaholic books, and I did scrapbook/do photography back in the day

Eye/Hair Color: bluest blue/brown, but ever changing!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 2 2009

Starting Weight: 166

Present Weight: 161.8

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating/being tired.

Following any specific plan: eating in moderation. 30 DS/C25K

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm committed. I have a support system set up with 3FC my bf is helping support me, and I can picture myself thinner!

Anything else you would like to share with us:I just really need to do this!! There are a few aspects of my life that need help, and I want to tackle them one by one!

meagan8477 03-30-2009 12:40 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Meagan

Geographical location: Texas (DFW area)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: No kiddos

Pets: None of my own, but the family I live with has 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: I love finding new music online. I also really enjoy movies when I can and I'm a big fan of TV. I spend a lot of time online and I collect autographs.

Height: 5'5 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today..? I guess I haven't officially "started" but I hope to start exercising this week. The food situation is hard because I have to eat what the family buys and it's not always healthy.

Starting Weight: 280-290 (haven't weighed yet)

Present Weight: Same

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Fast food gets me every time! I just have a hard time planning meals. I also love food and when I get together with my friends it's usually to go to dinner.

Following any specific plan: I'm not sure if I will or not

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've weighed more than ever before and I really hope to prevent myself from weighing in the 300's.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to be using a WiiFit and working out at Curves. I can use all the support I can get.

Rowenna 03-30-2009 07:01 PM

First name: Rowenna

Geographical location: Maryland

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: yoga, crocheting, reading, writing

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2007ish off and on

Starting Weight: 140 lbs

Present Weight: 110 lbs

Goal Weight: 100-105 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I hate every healthy food and most forms of exercise.

Following any specific plan: yoga, cardio, weight training, changing my diet (no soda/carbs etc)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to get stronger and more toned more than lose weight at this point, coupled with maintaining the weight loss.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm totally new to this, but having other people around to support me seemed like a good plan.

kswood87 03-31-2009 07:37 PM

First name: Kindra

Geographical location:Houston, TX

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:None

Pets: 1 cat named hufflepuff :D

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy reading, the internet, watching movies, shopping!!, make-up is fun for me oh and I play the piano but not very well lol

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/dk brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I dont have an exact date but around 02/09

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight:199

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:commitment and believing in myself

Following any specific plan: not really just counting calories and working out even though i have been slacking on the latter :(

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure what clicked but I finally realized this is a LIFESTYLE change. I know everyone says that but what that meant for me is that I'm not going to be perfect, I am definitely going to cheat, but I know that as long as I am consistent and committed the weight will continue to fall off and it has been.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love you guys!

shrinkingleah 04-01-2009 12:04 AM

First name: Leah

Geographical location: Poulsbo, Washington. (Accross the water from Seattle)

Children/Ages: George, 1 year old on the 25th of April!

Pets: Bagheera the Cat. I'm a dog person...

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Photography, Watching Movies, Scrapbooking, Playing with George, Flying Kites, Walking, Trying new recipes.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 13th, 2009.

Starting Weight: 251.6

Present Weight: 225.7

Goal Weight: 180... Maybe 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating what EVERYONE around me is eating. Trying to not lose my motivation when people practically shove food in my face...

Following any specific plan: I'm on my own. I track my calories at livestrong.com/thedailyplate then I do sessions twice a week mostly working on my legs because I had knee surgery in December and again March 19th. When I've recovered, I'll resume walking and pilates. I do not eat red meat and I try to have at least 40% protein.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is not a diet. This is a complete life change. Even if for some unfathomable reason I slip, I will NEVER go back to the way I ate before. I have completely decided to be happy, healthy and slim forever.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have one son who is my EVERYTHING and my husband who is the best thing to ever happen to me. I am at such a great point in my life. We are buying our own house, I have an adorable, smart, awesome son and have been happily married for two years.

I'm blissful.

ChasGirl180 04-01-2009 10:55 AM

New Member--Bio Post

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Charleston, SC

Marital Status: Attached. I have a boyfriend of 2+ years.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Anything related to the water (beach, boating). Shopping. Being with friends. Movies.

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes/blondish hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY! 4/1/09

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight: 252

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Willpower

Following any specific plan: None.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past? I just don't like not having choices in clothes. I hate feeling like the fat girl ALL THE TIME. It's just time for a life change!

fenderella5678 04-01-2009 04:47 PM

First name: Kati

Geographical location: Ohio (WV for now though, right on the border)

Marital Status: Been taken for 3 1/2 years. :)

Pets: 2 year old cat named Minnie Moose. I won't count the 20 other animals my family has.

Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, video games, music, playing guitar and drums, designing clothes, writing, aspiring.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/redish-blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2008 (off and on)

Starting Weight: 370 lbs

Present Weight: 314 lbs

Goal Weight: 250-230 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm stubborn and I can stay in a constant state of denial for months at a time. :P

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, watching my fat grams and sodium, drinking around 32-64oz of water a day, exercising as much as I can stand to.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I always told myself I'd be at my goal weight by the time college swung around, and since I'm going this fall there's no other choice than to try my hardest now. I'm just fed up with being unhealthy and unhappy. I won't be able to eat another dorito without feeling overwhelming guilt again. (That's a good thing, lol.)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I started losing weight around this time last year when my family moved to the boondocks (it's amazingly easier to get out and exercise here with 48 acres of forest at my will), and all together I lost 50lbs. It came off pretty easily, but too much of last year was spent passively trying to lose weight (as in, not really caring what I eat or how much I exercise, but telling myself I'm trying), so I'm not letting that happen this year.

sarpinking 04-07-2009 03:58 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Marital Status: Single and having fun

Pets: I have two cats. Laci and Cougar. Laci is 3 this summer and Cougar is about 1.5yo.

Hobbies/Interests: Football, music, movies, marching band, outdoors, animals, medicine

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My whole life I've been back and forth. But I'm starting today, April 7, 2009.

Starting Weight: 250lb

Present Weight: 250 lbs

Goal Weight: 190lbs right now.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad habits with the family. I'm an emotional eater for sure. Everything is a hurdle. Trying to stay motivated.

Following any specific plan: Limiting bad foods. Little to no pop, water and healthy drinks. Trying to exercise more and get active. Watching what I eat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My whole life I've been overweight. Since 5th grade after my parents divorce. That sparked my emotional eating habits. There was a lot of stress and problems with that. My weight has slowly gotten higher. I've tried weight watchers in HS with my mom. Nothing seems to help my motivation. I just want to get healthy and feel better about myself. My life depends on it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a college student that commutes, and there is a gym on campus. I am trying to just find the motivation from others that can't sabotage my efforts. I'm wanting a broader support network. I want to stay healthy, happy,and feeling good about myself.

Mikayla 04-07-2009 11:45 PM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Western PA

Children/Ages: No Thank You

Pets: 1 dog: Bambi and 2 cats : T.K. and LuLu

Hobbies/Interests: I volunteer at the local animal shelter I also foster kittens every spring/summer. I also am a country music fanatic and I go to every concert I possible can each summer.

Height:5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb,8 2009

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 247

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to the plan day after day.

Following any specific plan: Staying between 1400-1800 calories a day, at least 30 mins of cardio 6 days/week with weight training 3 days/week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have only tried to lose weight one other time in my life. That time failed because I wasn't committed.
This time I am fully committed. I have completely changed my diet and I have learned the importance of vigorous exercise.

Devlish 04-08-2009 08:13 PM

First name: Amy

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Divorced

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Anything outdoors. Animals, reading, video games...

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/15/2009

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping my "Get up and go" and not being "too tired". Learning portion control.

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past. I never really tried before. I found out I am boderline diabetic and would like to change that!:D

April_Showers 04-10-2009 06:14 PM

:wave:

First name:April

Geographical location:Seattle

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:none

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:traveling, shopping, and spending time with my family

Height:5'3''

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4/10/09

Starting Weight:269

Present Weight:269

Goal Weight:199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I have THE biggest sweet tooth!

Following any specific plan: No, just calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm getting old.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hubby and I are thinking about TTC in the next 2 years so I would like to get fit before taking that journey.

Kiwi 04-13-2009 02:15 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status:Single

Pets: None but I might get a puppy

Hobbies/Interests: reading, knitting, hanging out with friends

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brownish Blonde?

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/13/09

Starting Weight: 229

Present Weight: 229

Goal Weight: Overall I want to get down to at least 140. Less if I can but 140 seems nice. Right now I am going to try 5 pounds by the end of the month

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food >< Over eating.

Following any specific plan: My aunt gave me some weight watcher info (Her kit and book) so I am going to start that up by keeping track of every meal and everthing that goes in my mouth. I'm not giving everything up just learning to eat in moderation. WHen I 'feel' hungry I am going to try and drink water or have fruit. I might give myself one day o have something I really like regardless of what it is. I also plan on using my Wii fit

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My Wii fit. I want to lose this weight one and for all

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmm... not right now! Hope to get to know you all!