3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

LuckyJules 03-16-2009 01:01 AM

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Little Canada, Minnesota

Marital Status: Divorced, but in a relationship

Children/Ages: No children (I just have fur children!)

Pets: 11 year old dog Emmie (Bichon), 4 year old dog Selby (Pembroke Welsh Corgi), 2 year old sister kitties Dot and Beacon, 10 month old cat Jim, 1 year old hamsters siblings Elmer and Eleanor

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, Photography & Scrapbooking, Cars, Music, Reading, Wine

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st, 2009

Starting Weight: About 155

Present Weight: About 145

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just LOVE food!

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting and Diet Log

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More motivation than I've ever had in the past

sxulcmnky 03-16-2009 12:29 PM

First name: Sally

Geographical location: Accokeek, MD (suburbs of Washington, DC)

Marital Status: Single, but with the person i'm sure i'll marry

Children/Ages: n/a :(

Pets: 1 cat named Phoebe

Hobbies/Interests: sleeping :D, hiking, knitting, reading

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sept 07

Starting Weight: 223

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving up the crap food for healthier alternatives

Following any specific plan: calorie counting/walking

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i know i will succeed as i have people around me now who are willing to be supportive

Anything else you would like to share with us: i suffer from endometriosis which makes it difficult to deal with everyday life. i'm also bi-polar

homiegiiib 03-16-2009 01:51 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Stephanie

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: None but I adore dogs :)

Hobbies/Interests: church, music, playing my guitar/piano/flute, photography, skating, exercising, being outdoors

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: haha, it feels like I am always starting :P but getting back to it, I would say since yesterday Sunday, March 15, 2009

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 287

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My relationship with food is definitely not a healthy one! Exercise I can do, but once I have a craving for something sweet or salty, I tend to give in. Fast food is something that really hurts me as well. Also, I never make time for myself. I am to busy helping others (which there is nothing wrong with that) but I need to focus on my needs such as my weight loss.

Following any specific plan: No specific plan, just trying to exercise and eat better.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I have an awesome community :) I think I NEED someone to hold me accountable because it doesnít seem like I ever am able to hold myself accountable. Now that I have joined a community, Iím hoping to make some good friends here to help me along with this journey :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Iím very excited about starting here :)

Bubu 03-16-2009 04:40 PM

First name: Bubu

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: -

Pets: 2 guinea pigs, (1 dog back at home in Europe)

Hobbies/Interests: drawing, art history, animals, computers, design, music, reading

Height: 5'8" (173 cm)

Eye/Hair Color: blue, dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: don't remember, 3 years ago

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: 132-134

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food temptations (chocolate comes first)

Following any specific plan: getting there by learning to count calories, proteins/carbs/fat, looking for new exercises

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: a different life and new environment

Anything else you would like to share with us: glad I found some support!

CTripp924 03-17-2009 11:50 AM

First name: Chelsey

Geographical location: VA

Children/Ages: a 2 year old daughter

Pets: Puppy named ZoŽ

Hobbies/Interests: reading, playing video games, watching movies

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/10/08

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 163

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping up exercise and staying away from sweets.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to watch what I eat, I also try to do either an indoor walking video, YBB or TJ at least four times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've noticed what a better mood I'm in when I exercise

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm also currently dealing with depression and am thinking the exercising will help with that as well.

MtnChic 03-20-2009 03:50 PM

First name: Lizz

Geographical location: Northern Virginia

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: None, just fur kids :cool:

Pets: 3 dogs, Diesel, Lena, and Suzy.

Hobbies/Interests: Backpacking, skiing, gardening, showing dogs, and going wine tasting.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/25/2009

Starting Weight: 147.8

Present Weight: 133.6

Goal Weight: 125 (?)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definitely booze lol, I love wine tasting and going to all the local vinyards, and hubby and I homebrew also...

Following any specific plan: Biggest Loser competition between Hubby and I started this mess lol. Basically, just trying to eat healthily/less calories and get some exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having some one else to be accountable to, and to go through all this with me.

tenderbaby 03-20-2009 04:58 PM

First name:Marry

Geographical location: BG

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none
Pets: white Persian cat,named Rea and white Shar pei,named Wrinkle.. I have some obssession with white animals.. but i couldn't have a white bear..so...

Hobbies/Interests: reading, PS2,music, snowboarding,

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/01/09

Starting Weight: 138

Present Weight: 128.7

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the lack of support from everyone around me and sweets

Following any specific plan: Not really.. In fact i eat mostly vegetables and poutry,sometimes plain yogurt,tofu and soups. I completely forgot the taste of bread and everything of the kind-no rice,potatoes and pasta... At the moment i am interested in the south beach diet,which is very near to my current plan,and i cut the fruits as well... I think for 2 weeks. I run on the beach 2 times a week and visit the gym when i can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have results. I am happy because i find my plan is working for me and i don't feel like i'm starving.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really motivated this time to reach my goal ;)

Abizzle 03-20-2009 06:01 PM

My Profile!

First name:Ashley

Geographical location: Arnold, Missouri

Marital Status: Married 4 years!

Children/Ages: Mia-3, Donovan-16 mos, Candace-4 mos

Pets:None :(

Hobbies/Interests: Politics. I'm a news junkie!

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 December 2008

Starting Weight:208

Present Weight:189

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating enough, then binging

Following any specific plan: Slim Fast Optima

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really tried in the past. I didn't gain weight until I started having babies.

Anything else you would like to share with us: sorry...i'm boring!

Suzanne 3FC is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

NicoleeOlee 03-21-2009 03:52 PM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Utah

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: 2 dogs:)

Hobbies/Interests: i have a weakness for movies, hanging out with friends, walking my dogs

Height: 6'2

Eye/Hair Color: blue, dark reddish blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long time! taking it seriously March 8, 2009

Starting Weight: 267

Present Weight: 259

Goal Weight: 185

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: learning that it takes time and that i need to stick with it. Even on the days i don't want to:)

Following any specific plan: just eating right very aware of protion sizes and lots of exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've done it before but newly married and back surgery and the lbs just came creeping back. I'm ready now... i can see where i am and where i am going.
I have support here and at home. My husband is involved and so in my roommate. It keeps me on track.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that i can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings for all of us! Good Luck everyone!

Mickeypnd 03-25-2009 01:49 PM

First name: Lindsay

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: one dog/sable

Hobbies/Interests: Love to read. HISTORY! Old movies are my passion. Being outside

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: IDK somewhere in Feb. I think the 14th

Starting Weight: 206

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it. even when i don't want to. Eating better:goodscale

Following any specific plan: Eat right. Work out. :ebike:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Get a bad gallbladder, and you'll stick to eating better. lmao. Now its about my health, and that my hubby is smaller then me. :stress:

Anything else you would like to share with us: everyone in their own special way deserves to get what they want!:hug::goodluck:

jennsreadytolose 03-25-2009 02:44 PM

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Atlanta, GA

Marital Status: I have a b/f may as well be my husband though.

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Gees too many to list.

Hobbies/Interests: Music, shows, and for the first time ever eating healthy.

Height: A whopping 5'4".

Eye/Hair Color: Green, at this point and time red.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2009.

Starting Weight: 169

Present Weight: 153

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a few of those...
1) Salad, water, and running are not going to kill me after all.
2) Just because I mess up one day, all is not lost and ruined forever and ever and quit. (I've gotten better at this, hence the weight loss ;) )
3) This will take time, time and more time. I have zero patience don't know if that will ever change about me though.

Following any specific plan: Low calorie, the 30 day shred, plus more....exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My overall attitude. I KNOW I am going to stick it out this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I still hate exercise lol.

SweetScrumptious 03-26-2009 03:35 AM

First name: Caitlin

Geographical location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Marital Status: dating

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 cats (1 Siamese, 1 Tortioushell)

Hobbies/Interests: gym, outside exercise, movies, animals, drawing

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 2009 [when I started being serious about it]

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 110-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self-confidence

Following any specific plan: none specifically; just trying to exercise regularly and eat nutritiously

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have the mind set that I don't want to struggle any more; it is time for ME

Anything else you would like to share with us: just hope we can all accomplish our goals :)

flutterbyhiding 03-26-2009 11:23 AM

First name:Amanda

Geographical location: CT

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages: not yet

Pets:an almost 3 year old bichon frise, and temporarily a little maltese

Hobbies/Interests: yoga, beading, reading, writing, shopping, spending time with my doggie, walking, music, psychology

Height:4ft 9

Eye/Hair Color:eyes are mostly green and my hair is dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:when I was 11?

Starting Weight: Well, this time around I'd say around 110 lbs

Present Weight: not sure

Goal Weight: 90 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: other people getting concerned and interfering

Following any specific plan: no, just walking as much as time allows and eating what I like in smaller portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not rushing the process, and more importantly, not engaging in any unhealthy behaviors to meet my goal. No purging, starving, diet pills, etc.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have a history of anorexia and bulimia, so that is why I am emphasizing the healthy part. Actually, the balance between healthy and disordered is still a struggle but this site is helping me with that. I am seeing that many people both on here and in real life have trouble with keeping their dieting from becoming excessive whether or not they have had a full blown eating disorder, so I don't feel so alone in this.

Thanks guys!

Saramommy 03-27-2009 05:32 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: California, US

Children/Ages: 2 on earth, 1 in heaven

Pets: Cat, name is Jack

Hobbies/Interests: reading novels, politics, watching TV, photography, shopping

Height: 5 ft 7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: March 23, 2009

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight: 128

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: motivation to exercise

Following any specific plan: Not really, trying a workout video.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I've never been this heavy...having 3 pregnancies in 3 years will do that to you!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get motivated and lose all my weight in the next year!! :)

Tara415 03-27-2009 05:52 PM

First name: Tara

Geographical location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Trenton, 5

Occupation: Graduate Student in Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education (my endorsement area is English)

Pets: Two kitties - Spook and Squeak

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with family and friends, reading, writing, teaching, learning new things, meeting new people, day trips to random places (museums, plays, thrift stores, used bookstores), shopping on etsy, traveling, jogging, random acts of kindness, board games, people watching, and pottery painting

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 23, 2009

Starting Weight: 205.5

Present Weight: 202.5

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Taking time from the natural chaos of life to plan adequately for healthy meals/exercise and then reflecting each week on my choices to see where to improve.

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I've often tried to do it on my own, but I finally am realizing that this time, in order to be successful, I need to hold myself accountable for my own lifestyle choices and surround myself with a supportive community.

Anything else you would like to share with us: While I have only been a member of this site for a little over a week, I find everyone here incredibly supportive and I look forwarding to spending time on these forums getting to know different people!