3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

brooksrm 02-27-2009 12:49 AM

First name: Rebecca (Bex)

Geographical location: Tennessee, USA

Marital Status: Very single

Children/Ages: Nada

Pets: Chihuahua (Chico) and a tabby cat (Pepper)

Hobbies/Interests: reading reading reading! trying new things, crafts, movies

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: green / blondish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Let's just call it Jan 1, 09 since I've been on/off for about a year.

Starting Weight: 200 as of that date.

Present Weight: 192-194

Goal Weight: 190, 180, 170 etc. with a very longterm goal of 130-150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Guilt / enjoying all the wrong kinds of food

Following any specific plan: Mostly exercise, nothing formal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Getting involved in support groups, committing to my goals (5k run/walk in september!), committing to myself to go to the gym!

Newlywed 02-27-2009 01:07 AM

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Washington

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: Sadly I don't have any yet

Pets: 1 dog named Sally Mae that my dad kidnapped from me, and 1 cat named Annie that my dads ex has custody of cause DH is allergic

Hobbies/Interests: hanging out with my friends, going to the movies, reading, spending time with my god daughter

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dirty blonde-brown (depends on the season)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 9, 2009.

Starting Weight: 284

Present Weight: 276

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like to go out and drink with my friends on the weekends.

Following any specific plan: Nutrisystem

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am ready to do this for me and my health, not for reasons like wanted to wear cute clothes

Anything else you would like to share with us: Like all of you I am dieting for the last time.

dcslm 02-27-2009 06:45 PM

First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: None yet.

Pets: My schnoodle, Macie.

Hobbies/Interests: studying, reading, running, reality TV.

Height: 6'0".

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown all around.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hmmm...it's an ongoing thing.

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sweets!

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories for now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am committed to taking the weight off in a slow, healthy manner and keeping it off instead of crash dieting.

butterfly120 02-28-2009 08:20 PM

First name: Terri

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status:Ingaged

Children/Ages:0

Pets:1 chahuahua named Mason

Hobbies/Interests: I'll admit it...I play D&D w/ the boys on the weekends :)

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/17/09

Starting Weight:199

Present Weight:186

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Feeding my fiance. He loves pizza...and so do I. Makes it hard to not eat it when it's always there.

Following any specific plan: Counting Cals

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Trying to lose for my wedding. I want to be a beautiful bride, so hopefully that will keep me motivated.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just to say thanks to everyone here. You guys are wonderful and have really helped to keep me on track so far!!

corazonas 03-01-2009 11:43 AM

i dont know why i never did this before... hm... well here it is!

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Dallas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 3 daughters- 4 y/o, 1.5 y/o, 12 y/o step

Occupation: stay at home mom and secretary/dispatcher for our business

Pets: none. kids are harder anyway.

Hobbies/Interests: most of my time is used up doing momy stuff but i like to read and go out to party too ;)

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: green/ currently red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 31 2008

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 131

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: accepting that i may not get it done as quickly as i want.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i have stuck to it more than 2 weeks. once i hot that place where i always waver and give up i knew i could do it. THIS time i had all the information and support i desperately needed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm glad i'm here. along with weight loss i have already made a bunch of new friends and that's worth a lot.

skinnynene 03-01-2009 12:07 PM

First name: Janine

Geographical location: Mesquite

Children/Ages: Niki/ 11yrs old, Taylor (another dd)/6yrs old, Kevin/5yrs old, Loryn/ 7mos old

Pets: none. kids are harder anyway.

Hobbies/Interests: I love cycling and reading...when I have time for myself

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan ??, 2009

Starting Weight: 199

Present Weight: 190.2

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: accepting that i may not get it done as quickly as i want.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm heavier than I have ever been and I feel worse than I ever have...physically. TOM is getting worse and I've read that it can be harder on overweight women, I can't move around like I used to, and quite frankly sex is not that comfortable anymore either. Just that last part is a BIG motivator to lose weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very glad to be here on 3fc. I see that a lot of you women know each other enough to know what's going on in each other's lives other than diets and I'm looking forward to building a real support team here.

Ickypink 03-02-2009 05:29 PM

First name: Jen

Geographical location:Fl

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages:0

Pets: None.

Hobbies/Interests:Drawing, music....

Height: 5'4:

Eye/Hair Color:Brown, Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1-01-09

Starting Weight:185

Present Weight:180

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Portioning!

Following any specific plan:Workout and eat less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm getting too old to stay unhealthy. And this is the heaviest I have weighed in my life so far, I don't want to weigh more.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Full time student! Yikes!

whiskeygirl862 03-02-2009 05:55 PM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: New England

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none :(, I live in a dorm

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a student, so that's pretty much my life

Height:5'10''

Eye/Hair Color:brown hair, green eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, March 2, 2009

Starting Weight: Don't know, going to my first WW meeting tomorrow, if I had to guess I'd say 220

Present Weight: ^^

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm bored, and when other people are eating. I need to eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm satisfied

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm truly seeing myself, and am scared for my health

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so excited about this, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing support!:)

leela0730 03-02-2009 06:43 PM

First name: Becky

Geographical location: Maine, US

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: Miniature schnauzer (Gretta), Maltese (Doodlebug), White cat (Ingrid...he is a boy), Black cat (Moxie aka Babykins), Grey stripey coon cat (Bean)

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, reading, cooking/baking, learning about organic/whole foods lifestyle, hiking/being outside, traveling.

Height: 5' 8.5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh gosh, I have been overweight since I was a young teenager. I have been serious about losing weight since August of 2007.

Starting Weight: 195.2 lbs

Present Weight: 182.8 lbs

Goal Weight: 163.2

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress....I tend to seek out food when I am stressed. I am slowly gaining ground on that issue, and now seeking out physical activity or personal "me" time (a walk outside, some quiet reading time) instead of eating.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Flex

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: 1) I just want to be healthy and I can't keep putting it off. 2) My dad and I have a challenge going to get healthy and lose weight. So far he is kicking my butt! :D

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love 3FC! It helps me stay on track throughout the day and all you ladies are so encouraging and inspiring! :D

iamvictory112 03-02-2009 06:58 PM

First name: Dana

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Marital Status: single

Hobbies/Interests: Sports and recreation

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:dark brown, dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today! Mar 2 2009

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 140

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: yes - this time im part of a forum. otherwise.. no. :T

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need more WILLPOWER and commitment to my goals!

alybell25 03-03-2009 04:14 PM

First name: Aly

Geographical location: New to NYC (Home sweet home is San Francisco)

Marital Status: Newlywed!

Children/Ages: None for quite some time (husband is a med student, I am a workaholic, no time!)

Pets: Desperately want a dog or kitten...left my childhood pets back in California with my parents :-(

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, fashion, baseball, animals

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! (3/3/09)

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving in to temptation. I have little to no will power.

Following any specific plan: Following my husband's lead (before I met him he lost about 100 lbs and is in amazing shape) - basically sensible eating and exercise. My problem isn't really moderation, I don't eat huge portions - but what I eat can be SO bad. I also have been so lazy when it comes to exercising over the past year. Ugh.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I thought it would have been my wedding...but I just couldn't get my act together. I think the fact that I'm turning 24 soon (the last year of my early 20's bleh) kind of made me realize this is the time in my life I should look my BEST, I shouldn't feel so frumpy as a freaking 23 year old! I've been chubby my entire life and I'm just so sick of it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Something in me just clicked today....I stumbled upon these message boards by a complete and random accident and have spent all afternoon (whoops - sorry job!) reading through posts. It is so inspiring and made me think what the heck am I doing!? It's not impossible to lose weight! You all are already so inspiring.

NineApricots 03-03-2009 09:28 PM

Hi all

First name (if you want to tell): Amy

Geographical location: Suburb of Columbus, OH

Children/Ages: none, unless you count my minpin Rocky

Occupation: Public Relations Assistant for municipal government

Pets: Rocky - Miniature Pinscher

Hobbies/Interests: reading, wine, writing, serving every whim of my tiny tyrant of a dog

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: green-gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/27

Starting Weight: 292

Present Weight: 292

Goal Weight: I'd like to get down to 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love eating! It has become such a focal point of my socializing with friends.... and I hate cooking at home. Tom Colicchio would not be proud!

Following any specific plan: Not sure quite yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: After suffering for a month of debilitating headaches (treated for sinus infection, migraines, to no avail) a visit to the ER crossed my paths with an astute ER doc who was tipped off by some of my symptoms and a week (A CT/MRI and a spinal tap later) I've been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri (intracranial hypertension).

They're still learning a lot about the condition, but do know it strikes overweight women of child-bearing age most often. I had never had a problem until recently, after a significant weight gain (thanks to the stress of moving to a new town, new job, general all-around winter laziness...).

My neurologist thinks that losing weight (even 10% of my body weight) may be enough to greatly help the condition, if not push it towards remission. If left untreated, the condition will continue to cause terrible headaches, and can also lead to blindness. If that's not motivating, I don't know what will be!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to sharing the experience with others in a similar situation. I never thought at 27 I'd be facing health-related problems linked to my weight, its an eye-opener, and just goes to show, it is NEVER to soon to make yourself and your health a TOP priority.

CakeBatter 03-04-2009 12:37 PM

First name: ashlan

Geographical location: VA

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: n/a

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, working out, hanging out

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 28, 2008

Starting Weight: 215.8

Present Weight: 181.4

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Working out and not getting discourage when I don't lose each week...no "all or nothing" attitude!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't have a deadline. I am simply losing weight to look and feel better for myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: 3FC is awesome!

crazyapes323 03-04-2009 01:47 PM

Brand new!

First name:April

Geographical location:CA

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:1 boy who 16months

Pets:1 cat named CP

Hobbies/Interests:I like theatre arts

Height:5'0

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/brwn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12/01/08

Starting Weight:250

Present Weight:220

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Sweets, and trying not to starve my family in the process

Following any specific plan:the Idiot Proof Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm on a specific diet

Anything else you would like to share with us:My Husband is on a gain weight diet so it makes it extra hard
Suzanne 3FC is offline Reply With Quote

wannabeskinnyagain 03-04-2009 04:09 PM

First name: Heather

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: Maggie 2 yrs.

Pets: 2 minpins Rocky & Oscar

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, archery, photography, fixing up our new home

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Summer of 08

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 179.6

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to work out while being a working wife/mother. It also doesn't help that I have no will power.

Following any specific plan: Not really I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but I'm about 40lbs more than my ideal weight.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually working out this time instead of just using a crazy diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to be comfortable in my body by summer.