Old 12-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #1  
Keep on keepin' on!

S/C/G: 204/202/135 or less

Height: 5'2

Default Holiday Treat Temptations at Work

SO, I may just be venting a bit, but does anyone else's office have constant goodies in it from now until New Years???
It seems like everyday someone is trying to shove fudge, chocolate candies, peanut butter balls or some other diet derailing treat on my desk.
It is soooo hard because all the treats look so good and everyone looks at you like you are nuts because you don't want them! I try to tell them that is impossible for me to have one. If I have one, I know that I am really going to eat 10, and then just eat crap all day!
I am beginning to go crazy whenever at work! Help!!!
Anyone else deal with this?
the maine lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

thankfully I don't have that problem now. But I used to work in an office that always had food. And I know how hard it is to resist. It is so hard. I mean it takes real will power. The only advice I have for you is what I do.. I work out in the morning so that makes me more likely to stick to my plan during the day. I dont like to derail my work out.
Good luck!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about- however theres a catch...the delicious food isnt just around the holiday period...it is EVERY week!! the tiniest girl in the office is and amaaazing cook and one/two days a week she will bring in things like, mini cupcakes with amazing icing, carrot cake muffins, lasagne, sausage roles, lemon tart, walnut cake, peppermint slices (my favourite!) and melting moments!!...it is unbearable painful..and she will leave one of each on my desk for when i come in and set up(im on reception). I know shes not doing it to make us fat but it is so hard for me to say no, o ive started covering the food with tea towels so i dont have to look at it everytime i go to fill my glass up at the sink!! haha

im like you aswell- if i have one, it is NEVER just one!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Ahhhh, yes, this fabulous time of year! Yesterday, the first vendor tub o' cookies arrived (the first of many trays) and thankfully, they were small ones. They were just enough where I could take part and didn't have to pass up any- the hard part was not grabbing one of each flavor every time I walked by! I like to think I've worked too hard to go back down THAT path this season..all I have to do is keep looking at this ticker below and think "Do you really want to undo any of that?"

NOPE!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'5"

Try having it in the HOUSE!

My roommates seem to be celebrating Christmas early...

A huge bag of Rolos, Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies, Cupcakes... and just as ALL THAT is all gone, one of my roomies made cookies.

Sooo many sweets! Good thing I've been out of the house for the past few days studying...
quiddkidd06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Ugh, I can't deal with the Christmas goodies either!! Unfortunately for me, all of my patients bring me goodies, and I dont have the heart to say no cause their gifts! So I have no choice but to bring them home and hope my boyfriend ( my 200lb bf who eats 3400 calories a day just to maintain his weight) will eat them all! And he usually does!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #7  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

My office is going to have a party/potluck this friday, this saturday, and next friday!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote