Old 12-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default OT : Pet Peeve

I'm sure there has to be some other people out there that feel like this. It ABSOLUTELY gets under my skin and bugs the heck out of me when someone emails/texts/calls to tell me they really need to talk to me about something important, but that it's going to have to wait or it isn't a good time.

I've tried explaining this to my boyfriend... and he keeps doing it. In fact, he did it last night and I woke up to the text at 11:30pm... so I called him and it ended up being an hour and a half long discussion/argument. I was *SO* tired this morning.

Ughhh... if you need to talk to me, but can't... don't do it until you can. Even over little things that aren't a big deal... I go all "worst case scenario" mode and get really bad anxiety over it.

Anyone else feel my pain?!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

YES!

Fortunately, this doesn't happen to me very often, but I completely know what you mean. When someone says they have to talk about something important/serious but it has to wait, it just means I spend from then until the time we do talk worrying about what it is! I'd really rather just be told it's important/serious when the talk is imminent, rather than having it built up. Unfortunately, I'm definitely a worrier too, prone to ruminate about the worst possible scenario. That's my own problem, but still, I wish people would be a little more considerate with these things sometimes!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Yeah! I am exactly like that to. I assume the worst everytime and it stresses me out hardcore.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #4  

Seeee... that's my point. I've explained this to him and BEGGED him not to do it. I explained that to him when we first got together [we've been officially together for 2 months now]. He just doesn't get it. I don't think he does it on purpose... last night he was really upset about something so I understand his need to talk to me, but DANG!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #5  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Oh that's the worst. My friend will call me up every once in a while and say "Oh, let's hang out tonight...I need to talk to you about something." I do the same thing and get all worst case scenario on it, but it's never as bad as I expect. People is dumb.

Last edited by deathnotronic; 12-10-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: forgot a period lol
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Drives. me. INSANE.

Some people just can't help themselves. Others I think use it as a manipulation.

Either way it still drives me insane.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

I with ya! I hate hate hate hate when ppl do that!!!
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #8  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Yes! It's really irritating when people do that. If it isn't that important there is no need to mention that you want to talk about something. You're friends or partners. If you had nothing to talk about, what would be the sense in meeting each other? Or they could just give an outline to make you not worry - "My date went really bad last night and I could use some support" "I'd like to ask you something about that biology assignment, if you do not mind" "I found your dirty socks in my pillow again, we really need to think of another spot for the laundry"
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #9  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Yeh I get like that too. Or when somebody texts, I need to ask you a question, for some reason that really stresses me, because it could be about anything...
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #10  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

OMG! my friend does that all the time...either text me or leave a voice mail that she has to ask a question. Why not just text me the dang question? and then when I finally call back, it's the stupidest/random question ever.

Sometimes, I really do long for the days when folks couldn't contact me when ever they wanted. It's like, if I don't answer my phone/return a text, Its like I done killed someone. It's all "Why didn't you answer your phone? I called you 5 times?" Ok, If I didn't answer my phone the first 2 times, maybe...just maybe I'm busy. Ever think of that????

OOHHH! sorry.

Last edited by caligirl98; 12-10-2008 at 12:07 PM.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwing View Post
"I found your dirty socks in my pillow again, we really need to think of another spot for the laundry"
OMG you are too funny! I had just taken a sip of water when I read that, luckily it didn't come of my nose!
Old 12-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Can I insert a pet peeve I'm feeling at the moment?

It drives me insane when people tag unflattering pics of you in facebook!

I was at a party this weekend and was joking around and pretending to *pound* a 2 liter of Coke (I didn't really do that).

So now there's a picture for the world to see of On Plan Junebug41 tipping back a 2 liter of coke. Is it weird that I'm totally mortified by that??

And in the other one I look exactly how I felt- bloated and gross.

ARGH!

Last edited by junebug41; 12-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #13  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

My boyfriend and I have developed our way of dealing with that scenario - because we've had this issue before! - that, when one of us absolutely must do the "Need to talk later" thing , the other person is entitled to ask for a two-sentence summary of the topic so we know what to be prepared for and can stop worrying so much about it.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #14  

OMG I totally feel you on that one too... a lot of times I deny the tags if I feel like they're awful pictures! My birthday pictures.... HORRRRIIIBBBLEEEEEE.... wish I could erase those!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #15  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Can I insert a pet peeve I'm feeling at the moment?

It drives me insane when people tag unflattering pics of you in facebook!

I was at a party this weekend and was joking around and pretending to *pound* a 2 liter of Coke (I didn't really do that).

So now there's a picture for the world to see of On Plan Junebug41 tipping back a 2 liter of coke. Is it weird that I'm totally mortified by that??

And in the other one I look exactly how I felt- bloated and gross.

ARGH!
i deleted tags from two photos of me that are horrific this week. i love/hate facebook all at the same time.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote