Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  
I'm curious.

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/145

Height: 5'3

Default Any Moms? How do you do it?

Just wondering if there are any moms out there? How do you find time to fit exercise in your schedule? I don't know if I am just making excuses, but I have a 6 month old and work full time and I find that most days I am just too tired to do anything. I know that if I get back into my routine that I will have more energy. How do you do it? Please share.
LizzieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I have two kids, and anytime they are sleeping i try and get in some form of exercise. Even at night when im sitting in front of the tv ill do some crunches, squats lunges also( i dont work full time so this may be hard for you, plus its winter now) I take them for walks in the stroller, they love the fresh air and new atmoshpere and im getting a workout, even better since im pushing the weight of them and the stroller. I dont know if you have any equipment or Dvds, but when my 8 month old is awake ill put him in his saucer (stainary thing, walker w/o wheels) and ill work out to a dvd or run on the treadmill while he gets a kick out of watching me, just make sure to make faces or talk to them every ow and then. Eventually, you wil get into routuine and find things that work for you!

I hope i helped..GOOD LUCK!
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

When my son was super little I did tae bo, and when he started learing to walk around and stuff he'd do it with me. by the tiem he was 4 he could do the advanced video all the way through....lol.

Now work out time is family activity time. I go to cardio and he goes swimming at our aquatic center. The cardion room is in a loft over the pool so I can watch him swim while I use the elliptical, thread mill and bikes. He's 7 now though, so its much easier when they are older and more independent.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #4  
I'm curious.

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/145

Height: 5'3

thanks ladies. i used to go right after work before my daughter was born. now i have to head straight to the babysitter's to pick her up....our gym has a daycare but we are just now able to take her to it since kids have to be at least 6 months to use it. i thought about once she goes to sleep to get some exercise in, but now I spend that time with my husband. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon!! Thanks again!
LizzieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #5  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

honestly, sometimes I don't get my workouts in until almost midnight. My son is almost 11 months old and getting into everything. On days that I'm not working I just do the shred during his naptime but on days that I do work, you're right, sometimes I'm just too darn tired to do anything else once DS is down for the night.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #6  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I try to do a Denise Austin DVD, Turbo Jam dvd or 30 Day Shred each day, when my daughter is napping. She's 14 months old and naps are shorter now, so I really rely on the shorter 30 day shred workout, it's less than 30 minutes and she always naps longer than that.

Good luck, keep it up!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm such a loser, I don't work out... My plan was to lose a good amount of weight & start working out when I hit a plateau. But that hasn't happened yet, I've lost almost 40 lbs with no exercise, somone smack me...
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #8  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 252.6/252.6/145

I honestly have not been doing much exercise now since I have been pregant, but before I would hop on my treadmill every morning. It was the only time that I had to myself before the kids got up and had to get ready for school. I would watch the news and get my morning workout in. It was hard at first to get up because I was so tired, but once I got into a routine it helped me sleep better at night and I did have more enegy throughout the day. Good luck finding something that works for you.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You really have to find whatever works for you. If I were you I would get a good DVD and workout at home in the morning before anyone gets up. It isn't easy. Over the summer my kids were home 100 percent of the time. I didn't "exercise" per se but I did get active with them in tow--walking to the park, kicking the soccer ball around with them, etc. I notice you are also in Texas. If the weather allows, bundle up baby and go for a walk with the stroller before work every morning.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #10  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

With my son (who is almost 2) I find it easiest if he is taking a nap or he just watches me and when I am diong abs he sits on my stomach which makes it EXTRA hard!! And then the rest of the day I run around with him. lol
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #11  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I know it seems like you have zero time with little ones. I have a 16 month old and work full time and am a part time student. Recently I've spent more time on my elliptical machine and just got the work out video 30 Day Shred.

Once the new semester begins I'll start going to the university gym before work with my mom around 6 am. I am not a morning person and this will be a huge struggle but it's worth it.

An upside is if I go at 6 am I get to avoid all the skinny pre-baby college girls.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

I have 3 kids and only 1 is in school .. i usually do the 30 day shred and all 3 join when the other 2 are taking naps thats only when i can run on the treadmill .
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

My #1 rule: Fitness is non-negotiable, like eating and showering.

Fitness makes my life happy and healthy, it's an investment in my future and it's my way to give back to my body, every wonderful thing it does for me, every single day.
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #14  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

You have to schedule it in order to do it! I have 3 kids and the youngest is 2 so what I do is get up around 5:30-6am and do my running on the treadmill then so I can have free time at night with my DH & if I can fit it in I'll do a pilates dvd during the day sometime (if the kids are around they try to do it with me lol)

I run my own business so it feels like I'm torn sometimes between the kids and needing to get something done for the business, plus taking care of the house, etc.....if I don't keep it on a schedule then I find I have no time for anything lol

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 12-09-2008 at 09:00 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #15  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

i'm totally in the same boat --but since sept. and joining 3FC"s i have forced myself to find time to get my workouts in---at first my baby would cry and i'd have to pause the dvd every so often ---but then he started to enjoy it---he would run around and play around me or laugh at me while i do it--- so whenever he's looking i give him a smile or a funny face or something--so its like i'm still paying attention to him --but i'm still getting my workout in---also if it meant going to a gym--i couldnt do it--- the only thing that works for me right now is workout dvds-- i started out by getting some from the library to see what i liked and could stick to --and then i went out and bought them so i had them---now i have about 10 dvds i can work out to -- and some handweights, a stepper, and an elliptical (i cant use the elliptical as its dangerous when the baby likes to hang around my legs --so he will be jumping at the oportunity to jump around that thing with me--- right now he hops on the stepper when i work out to jillian micheals the biggest winner-and then i have to watch where i step or miss a few moves and keep going with it)---there are even days when i just cant squeeze a workout in until like close to midnight-- as i usually do my workouts late in the evening ---but what ever works for you do it!!! ---experiment until u find what works --- it'll get easier just make it a habit
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote