Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #1  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Default Frustration Anyone?

Hello everyone! My name is Basia. When I was 13 I was maybe 5'3", 5'4" and weighed 190-195lbs... I did some crazy exercise and did some other things (bad things) over a period of 4 - 6 months. I ate things like cheerios for breakfast, and baked chicken for dinner. However, I grew up with a binging problem and I couldn't control it for 4 - 6 months. So my solution was purging. I became bulimic for 6 months until my mom threatened to have me hospitalized. I lost a total of 40lbs during that time, and managed to keep it off because I did other physical activities. During freshman and sophomore year of highschool I was in weight training, so I gained like 5-10lbs back, but it was muscle and I looked slimmer than before. After that I went into a program called running start which allows me to go to college for both college and high school credits. I stopped doing as much activity, I took Pilate's and kickboxing 2/3 of the year. Then I hit my real problem... The past months I slowly gained, but the begging of that summer is when I gained 20-30lbs in about a month or two. So here I am at around 205-215lbs and I am 5'5". I keep fluctuating because of my attempts to lose weight.

I need some friends that will support me and remind me what I am working for. I don't always think about what I'm eating, sometimes I don't even realize I'm eating. I need some inspiration and some motivation. Just someone to talk to about it at least every day to every other day would help me out so much. I just recently turned 18 and need to get myself together for the life I'm hoping will be a great one.

P.S. I'm a lot better with binging, but still eat out of boredom. My direction of healthy food has gone down the drain. Living with 3 people and our income of less than 10k a year is sort of a tight budget to get healthy food, so I need to work with what I have.
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Basia! Let me just say that you picked a GREAT place to start your weight loss journey, there are nothing but awesome, inspirational, motivated and just plain NICE people here! I just joined myself at the end of October and i have already lost 11 pounds. There are always challenges going on and i think thats what have been motivating me the most. Jump right in! Even if the challenge has already started usually you are welcomed with open arms, and if you have questions about absouletly anything there are always girls here that know the answer, even if it isnt even diet related! I think your going to love it here! Once again welcome to the site!
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:08 AM   #3  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!
P.S. I love your avatar!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
Being A Better Me!

Haha, thanks guys. That means a lot to me. I hope I can be on as often as I want to be, however I share a computer with my gf and she is a bigger talker and big gamer.. <_<;; If anything I'll get on my grandma's computer when she's not around...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by migotokokoro View Post
I need some friends that will support me and remind me what I am working for. I don't always think about what I'm eating, sometimes I don't even realize I'm eating. I need some inspiration and some motivation. Just someone to talk to about it at least every day to every other day would help me out so much. I just recently turned 18 and need to get myself together for the life I'm hoping will be a great one.
That's what this site is here for & I'm sure you can tell by the amount of weight lost, both by individuals & as a whole, people know what they are talking about. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge & support that is offered on this site. It only helps if you use it! I quoted what you said above because fixing that is a huge part of changing your life style. When you eat, you ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT GOES IN YOUR MOUTH! Once you realize that and really start to pay attention to what you eat and how much you eat, it works, it really does! The hardest thing to realize when you first start out is that you need to eat to live, not live to eat... Traing yourself (body & mind) to eat when you are hungry, not because you're bored or upset. I know it's easier said then done and takes a lot of work to reach that point... But everyone here is here to help you one your journey.. And remember, we're all on the same road to the same destination! We know how you feel!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #6  
Being A Better Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extasee58865 View Post
That's what this site is here for & I'm sure you can tell by the amount of weight lost, both by individuals & as a whole, people know what they are talking about. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge & support that is offered on this site. It only helps if you use it! I quoted what you said above because fixing that is a huge part of changing your life style. When you eat, you ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT GOES IN YOUR MOUTH! Once you realize that and really start to pay attention to what you eat and how much you eat, it works, it really does! The hardest thing to realize when you first start out is that you need to eat to live, not live to eat... Traing yourself (body & mind) to eat when you are hungry, not because you're bored or upset. I know it's easier said then done and takes a lot of work to reach that point... But everyone here is here to help you one your journey.. And remember, we're all on the same road to the same destination! We know how you feel!
Thank you ^_^