Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

LOL, I ran out of dish soap two days ago, so I have a disaster brewing in the kitchen sink. However, I just got home with some. But still, I'm sitting here in front of my computer instead of my sink
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #32  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
i hate hate hate hate HATE cleaning. But i also hate clutter and dirt because of my asthma and allergies. So i am trying something new- cleaning tiny bits, but frequently
I have this book about cleaning and organizing and it draws a figure of how much time it spares you if you clean and clear up frequently instead of every once in a while. It looks like this:

Once a day - 10 minutes
Once a week - 1h 10 minutes
Once every 2 weeks - 2 h 20 minutes
Once every month - 4 h 40 minutes

It should be really inspiring but doesn't really help me in my cleaning. It feels like a neverending battle .
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

You are so not alone! I hate cleaning . I have 2 young kids and as you can guess, they know how to mess it up faster than i can clean it. I'm in school full time and the semester is almost over so the house has been getting a bit (ok a lot) messy lately.
Today i finally had to clean it. 3 loads in the dishwasher and about 7 loads of laundry, plus vacuuming, and now my house is finally presentable again (just don't go to my room where all the clean laundry is piled to the ceiling ) I hate to admit it, but i probably won't do much else until i'm done with the semester. I just don't care or have time, i need to pass these classes !

I always tell my husband as soon as we are both graduated, we are hiring someone to come once a week and clean. I can't wait.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

My house is always torn apart. I have a 2 yr old little wrecking ball!! I try to keep it picked up and clean but its hard. I usually make myself clean for at least an hour and day. And Sunday I send the little guy to his Grandma's and I go through the whole house!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #35  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwing View Post
I have this book about cleaning and organizing and it draws a figure of how much time it spares you if you clean and clear up frequently instead of every once in a while. It looks like this:

Once a day - 10 minutes
Once a week - 1h 10 minutes
Once every 2 weeks - 2 h 20 minutes
Once every month - 4 h 40 minutes

It should be really inspiring but doesn't really help me in my cleaning. It feels like a neverending battle .
i cleaned my room once this year i think. That means i could have saved a load of time if i had done it regularly!! Curses
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #36  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i too am a clutter bug! i am with ghost i could have saved YEARS of time but alas i am student as well! and ridiculously busy.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote