Old 11-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default ok Sparky, here's the deal...

I've gotten to the point where I'm making excuses for myself again. It always happens. I have a little success, then I slow momentum, then I stop all together and end up going in reverse!!! In October, I finally decided "this is it, I have to drop this weight!" and I swam every other day. Since then I lost 16 pounds, put up motivational posters that I made myself, but have slacked immensely on the exercise!!

I used to weight 225 lbs, I now weight 209, my short term goal is to at least weight 199. I have not been under 200 lbs since high school. I haven't had one drop of soda since October (mostly water and juice) but in the last month my eating habits have started to change again. I'm getting disheartened. It's getting too cold to swim and finding a time to go for a walk is difficult as I am allergic to the sun. Sometimes when I work the night shift, I can walk early in the morning without fear of having an allergic reaction. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises on the days I have to open? I'm also trying to save up for a bike!

Thanks everyone!

SOLDIER
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #2  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I always suggest jillian michaels 30 day shred for a real butt kicking exercise that will keep you motivated, and I think it'll help you shed those last few pounds to your mini-goal and it'll help you push through them onto your next goal too.

It's awesome- you may lose more inches than pounds with it, but that's awesome too, right?!

I love it and there are lot of other women here who will back me up on it.

Plus, for like 25 minutes a day, you can't beat that and still get the results the 30DS will give ya!

Keep your chin up- we all do that, we make progress & see some results, then we become complacent- we think "I've made so much progress I don't need to work as hard now" or we justify having extra sweets or not working out because of the progress we've made. It should be the other way around, that we use the progress as motivation, but we're human... SO... Try to turn it into motivation, okay? It's hard, but worth it not to backslide and have to work even harder to lose those same pounds over again. THAT is no fun, trust me!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I will back ya up carcar05, 30 day shred is awesome. Last month i only did level 1 , but i lost inches and busted through my plateau. Its short, convenient, and super effective. You only need small weights, and it can be done in the warmth of your own home-no need to brave the cold!
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

Hey Soldier!

Way to go on the weight loss thus far! Don't get down, get up, and move! How big is your space at home? Do you have the means to invest in a couple of simple fitness items? If not, there's many things you can do at home, with your own body weight in the form of exersise! If you have even a 10x10 space, you can make up a little routine! I'm not going to lie, it's a little boring, but it's not impossible and the only excuses are the ones you make to yourself!

Here's my little failsafe when I can't get to the gym:

Start off crosslegged on the floor, play some relaxing or chanting music. Practice deep belly breathing, draw your breath into the bellybutton, hold for 3 seconds, relase through the lips. Do that 10 times.

Slowly stand up, draw small circles with the arms, gradually make them bigger, and bigger untill your arms are in a full range of motion, for one minute.

Extend your arms out so your body is in the shape of a T and do 20 gentle torso twists.

Now, start with some jumping jacks-20

Pushups-20 (full or modified form. Start with full form, them modify at failure)

rest 30 seconds

repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute

Burpees-10
Reverse lunges 10 each side
rest 30 seconds, repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute

Skip rope 1minute
Crunches or V-ups-30

rest 30 seconds

Repeat 3 times

Rest one minute

Mountian Climbers 30
Leg lifts (on all fours, extend leg back like you are kicking someone, contract butt-muscle!) 30 each side

rest 30 seconds
Repeat 3 times

Rest one minute

Dips on a chair-20
Plyo-squats 20
rest 30 seconds

repeat 3 times
rest one minute

Now, start to cool down...

Hold each pose for 20 seconds:

Warrior
Warrior 2
Extended triangle
King pigeon
Downward dog
cat flow

Now, lay on the floor (on a mat or pillows) palms to the ceiling, knees and hips neutral, channel the breath to the belly and deep breath untill you are ready to get up again!

Here's a link to the yoga poses: yogacards.com/yoga-pose-cards.html
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/226/165

Height: 5'10"

Hey thanks Kataclismic! I'm totally stealing your workout for future reference.
KendraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 AM   #6  

WOW!!! thanks everyone for all your tips!! It's a little late in the evening over here (almost 11 at night) so first thing in the morning I'm going to try! Thanks so much for the kind words and ideas!!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataclismic View Post
Hey Soldier!

Way to go on the weight loss thus far! Don't get down, get up, and move! How big is your space at home? Do you have the means to invest in a couple of simple fitness items? If not, there's many things you can do at home, with your own body weight in the form of exersise! If you have even a 10x10 space, you can make up a little routine! I'm not going to lie, it's a little boring, but it's not impossible and the only excuses are the ones you make to yourself!

Here's my little failsafe when I can't get to the gym:

Start off crosslegged on the floor, play some relaxing or chanting music. Practice deep belly breathing, draw your breath into the bellybutton, hold for 3 seconds, relase through the lips. Do that 10 times.

Slowly stand up, draw small circles with the arms, gradually make them bigger, and bigger untill your arms are in a full range of motion, for one minute.

Extend your arms out so your body is in the shape of a T and do 20 gentle torso twists.

Now, start with some jumping jacks-20

Pushups-20 (full or modified form. Start with full form, them modify at failure)

rest 30 seconds

repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute

Burpees-10
Reverse lunges 10 each side
rest 30 seconds, repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute

Skip rope 1minute
Crunches or V-ups-30

rest 30 seconds

Repeat 3 times

Rest one minute

Mountian Climbers 30
Leg lifts (on all fours, extend leg back like you are kicking someone, contract butt-muscle!) 30 each side

rest 30 seconds
Repeat 3 times

Rest one minute

Dips on a chair-20
Plyo-squats 20
rest 30 seconds

repeat 3 times
rest one minute

Now, start to cool down...

Hold each pose for 20 seconds:

Warrior
Warrior 2
Extended triangle
King pigeon
Downward dog
cat flow

Now, lay on the floor (on a mat or pillows) palms to the ceiling, knees and hips neutral, channel the breath to the belly and deep breath untill you are ready to get up again!

Here's a link to the yoga poses: yogacards.com/yoga-pose-cards.html
oh my gosh!!! I tried your workout today and I could only get to the crunches!!! I am sweating so much!!! I am so grateful for your help! Thanks again!

I've also ordered the 30 day shred dvd! I'll be up and running with you ladies in no time!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #8  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Sweet!! hopefully that'll be the motivation you need!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote