3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Feeling blue, want to eat a cow... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/157435-feeling-blue-want-eat-cow.html)

carcar05 11-30-2008 03:04 PM

Feeling blue, want to eat a cow...

I don't know what my deal is ladies but I have been on a roller coaster of emotions for the last few weeks! I'll have a great day and then I have a horrible day. Today is not the best, I just feel really depressed and the "feel good" solutions that keep popping in my head are things like fudge... sugar cookies... that sort of thing. I KNOW those things won't make me feel any better, but it's all I can think about.

I just don't know what to do! Haha I bet I sound pretty lame, but this is my trial today. :p

luvmyinnerdemon 11-30-2008 03:28 PM

your not lame at all!! Everyone goes through those days! I hope you beat out your depression, but just in case, i found a recipe for low-cal sugar cookies!

3/4 c. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. Sweet 'N Low granulated sugar substitute
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt

Cream butter, sugar and the Sweet 'N Low. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide dough in half. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out cookies and bake on ungreased baking sheets Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 3 dozen cookies. 3 cookies per serving - 125 calories per serving.

Im not sure what would happen if you added the fudge but these might curb your depression solutions for now. Keep your head up! youll get through it, and if you dont, tommrow is a new day! Dont beat yurself up! Sorry im not very good at motivational speeches!

Kataclismic 11-30-2008 03:37 PM

Hi Hunny! :hugs:

I have days like you too. My life is complicated and I'll spare you the gory details, but some exersises I learned from my therapist have been very instrumental in moving past and decreasing those horrid days. Number one thing, I must do everyday is practice some sort of self care. Self care exersises are subjective (and many people find them airy-fairy, trust me, I'm a pragmatic, cognitive thinker, not an emotional thinker) but if you do a google search on the term "Self care" you will find the definition, and that will start you off with some ideas.

What I like to do is journal. I love to write, it's exceptionally cathartic for me. At first it's forced, but then I end up infront of my journal for an hour.

Some other things are relaxation meditation, deep breathing or belly breathing exersises. You can Limewire some music to relax to.

Also, having a hot bubble bath is so good for the soul. You will be less likely to binge in the tub, and especially afterward, you will feel like you gave a bit back to your soul, which may be all you are needing.

Finally, if all this isn't the solution, sometimes we just need a couple big crumbly sugar cookies and a tall glass of cold milk. Don't skimp though, get the real stuff and your cravings will thank you!

carcar05 11-30-2008 03:42 PM

You girls are so sweet. Thanks for the recipe! haha, that was so awesome of you. I will let you know if I go ahead and make it. :)

I will definitely look up "self care" I'm like you in that I tend to scoff at those sort of things but when I try them I find they really do help.

Thanks girls!

luvmyinnerdemon 11-30-2008 04:28 PM

wow, i think i might look up some self care also, kata had a lot of uselful stuff I might use myself!