Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default 20-sthg ACCOUNTABILITY thread

I can tell you exactly the points when I've had the most success since trying to lose weight in September: when I checked into the 30 Day Shred thread everyday and when I checked into the Biggest Loser thread everyday. It's too difficult for me to consistently do the Shred anymore and I think my BL team is too busy to check-in all the time... so I'm outsourcing!

I just want a place where I can post what I ate, how many calories, how much exercise, struggles I had, successes I had, etc. This last week for me sucked, I overate 4 out of 6 days, didn't exercise 2 of those days and while the scale really hasn't moved, I just did my inches for the week and I'm up EVERYWHERE.

So anyone else want in? I'll give this thread a try for a week and if nobody joins up I'll close it. It's just so important for me to be accountable and maybe that's necessary for some of you.

I'll confess my Saturday:
Started off good... went to the gym, did 25 minutes on the stairmaster and burned 330 calories! Climbed 2350 steps! Then I did 3 weight machines and especially pushed myself with the bench press.
Breakfast: Two hardboiled eggs (155 cal)
Snack: Some sort of Korean chocolate snack (150 cal)
Lunch: Ramen & cheese (455 cal)
Snack: Lots of jolly ranchers (100 cal)
Dinner: Nachos/beans/salsa & tortilla chips (500 cal)
Snack: 2.5 snack size things of Reese's Pieces (240 cal)
Total: 1600

I have to say I'm quite stunned I ate all that and it was only 1600 calories. Certainly was not the most nutritious day!

My plan for today is to go hiking + do a workout video. I also want to plan out workouts and meals this week so I'm eating under 1500 calories and burning more than 500 calories through workout a day. That will get me at least a 1000 calorie deficit per day, or at least 2 lbs per week. My body is nutty and doesn't like to let go of weight when it should. In fact, everytime the scale has actually dropped, it was after I overate and didn't exercise. As long as math if on my side, my body will have to catch up (ie drop lbs & inches) eventually.

I hope others will join me!

Last edited by joyra; 11-30-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ill join with you!
Closed Thread