Old 11-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default I ate the whole box :(

I came home last night, after going out with friends, and absent mindedly ate an entire box of mac and cheese. I wasn't even hungry, I was just busy eating.

I'm worried about myself. Am I depriving myself to the point where I will eat an entire box in one sitting? After I have a few drinks, I get SO exciting about getting to come home and just EAT. I have to fix this. I can't do that to my body, I'm so ashamed right now.

The only thing I can think of right now is to stop drinking when I go out with friends. I generally have a hard time controlling how much I drink, then I have a hard time controlling how much I eat. agh. This is so embarrassing that I can't control this. Any help would be great, someone remind me that I'm not a total failure
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

You are NOT a total failure. We all have slip ups!

The silver lining to all of this is that you recognize that you have a weakness and are taking steps to fix it. That is the hardest part!

Look at all of the success you have had already... do you think that was a waste? I don't! Quit being so hard on yourself. Brush yourself off, today is a new day girlfriend!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Ah, yes. Liquor always makes you feel hungry. It's extremely dehydrating, and you know what they say about people confusing thirst for hunger? Its worse when you're buzzed.

I solve it by eating before I go out, and in-between drinks I have an entire glass of water. Then I don't drink as much which saves big on empty calories, and I never have the drunk munchies.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

There are a lot of people out there who give up a lot of drinking when they lose weight. If you decide that you're just going to drink a little, before you get to the point when you're not paying attention and just eating, then it may be possible for you to still drink when you want to. Some people, (probably like me) will end up only getting totally "drunk" once a year or so.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

I need to be more like you Kelly! I wish my friends had other fun things they enjoyed besides going out to the bars and playing darts. I suppose I should start finding new stuff for us to do! That's a great solution to this.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I still go out or hang out with friends and drink every other week or so. I just don't get totally drunk- I drink MGD 64s, and nurse them somewhat- no more than 2 an hour. That way I still enjoy myself, but I don't completely lose control.

and looking for new stuff to do isn't a bad idea at all- you and your friends might actually enjoy yourself more if you're tired of the bar scene.

Last edited by kelly315; 11-29-2008 at 12:37 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

like the others have said, we all have slip ups and sometimes it's not a bad thing really. your body mmay well have wanted it and youll find that you still lose weight this week. dont worry too much about it and just enjoy it.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Garstar, you make it sound like eating a whole box of Kraft dinner is a difficult thing to do, like you ate a dinner for eight or something. You didn't. I could easily eat a whole box and have many times in the past! I'm not saying it's a good thing to do, but don't think you're so strange for doing it.

Last night I went out drinking and then I ate a western sandwich AND half a bagel with egg, cheese and bacon on it at a diner downtown afterwards. But I'm back on track today...

Like others have suggested, doing other things with your friends can help you avoid drinking (and eating) a lot too often. I've definitely cut down on nights like that.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:49 AM   #9  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I second surferchick. That stuff is AWESOME. I don't even cook it any more because I will eat the whole box.

We all binge. We binge in going out with our friends or in by ourselves out of loneliness or boredom. I think when you honestly look at what you're eating overall and how much better you've been doing, you'll see that one slip-up is NOT ENOUGH to throw you off the game plan Stick with it Gar! You are so close...remember, just keep swimming....
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Whenever I go out and drink I come home CRAVING vegemite toast lol. I nearly always indulge it as well.

Found out a little while ago that alcohol leaches the B vitamins from your body and vegemite is an extremely rich source of them. Who would have thought I'd crave something actually good for me? lol.

Apart from that I have got into the habit of drinking a LOT of water when I get home from a night out no matter how drunk I am.

1) the hunger is usually thirst
2) so much water makes me feel bloated and less inclined to eat anyway
3) re-hydrating means no hangover in the morning!

of course there are always exceptions. Like last night lol When my partner and I got home I was actually feeling sick to the pit of my stomach (red bull and vodka is the devil...actually red bull is the devil and the vodka is just an accomplice...) and ended up having a half sandwich with ham and avocado.

This quickly made my stomach realise it was feeling ill because I was so HUNGRY (not having eaten for 9 hours) that I promptly devoured two more half sandwiches of the same variety...I kind of felt bad about it but oooo...it tasted soooo good lol.

Last edited by Lyria; 11-30-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #11  

Last nightI said NO to my friends about going out. I felt really good.

Drinking water, what a great idea. I should leave a pitcher of water, and a glass already full on the counter for myself so when I come home -I'll drink it! hehe

I've done much better yesterday and today. Working out, and back on track. I am up in my weight form tday and that binge, but... I guess I'll just keep swimming!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

That does not make you a failure! I used to do the same thing after I drank, I ALWAYS had to eat afterwards. Are you generally good & under control, except when you drink? Maybe you should try to keep down the amount that you drink when you go out, maybe that will help you not to eat in excess when you get home. Or just pig out on something healthy... :-)
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I always end up eating crap after drinking. Sometimes it is just better to eat to help absorb some of the booze.

And to make things better I have trouble any time I make a box of mac and cheese, not eating the whole box.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote