3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Angry Work Out (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/157190-angry-work-out.html)

garstar 11-25-2008 07:23 PM

Angry Work Out

Life's been stressful around my house lately.... and it makes for some FANTASTIC work outs. My adrenaline is just pumping due to anger, that I have a super great high energy work out.

Anyone else?

ghost 11-25-2008 07:27 PM

See, there is a reason I live alone...well, almost alone...I do have the seven year old son...but he's my subordinate so it works out in my favor no matter what.

mudskippersgrl 11-25-2008 07:29 PM

well, its not the best motivator... but whatever helps... ;)

For me, I find when I'm mad that its even harder to get to the gym.. but once I do, it really helps take my mind off of things...

garstar 11-25-2008 07:31 PM

I would LOVE to live alone... the pocket book simply won't allow it... agh.

ghost - I love 7 year olds, what a fun age! I nanny for one right now, he's hilarious :)

jahjah1223 11-25-2008 07:31 PM

Yup same here. me and the hubby had a fight this morning and i ran/walked 3.4 miles this morning. lol But then we made up :D

tinycities 11-25-2008 07:32 PM

Absolutely! For me, it's not specifically anger, but any sort of stressful or upsetting emotion. I was in a horrible mood this afternoon due to a variety of mildly upsetting things creeping up on me at once. Nothing serious, but anyhow, I found myself sat in tears on the sofa. Ten minutes later, I'd pulled myself together and was in the gym. When I came out an hour later, I felt fantastic. I really enjoyed my workout, and I felt great for the rest of the day, and the problems that were stressing me out pre-exercise faded into something much more manageable and insignificant. I swear, as hard as I find it to drag myself off my arse and exercise sometimes, it really does wonders for my emotional state and my energy levels.

Iconised Ghost 11-25-2008 07:34 PM

yup it works for me! I pound my feet into the treadmill :D And it at least serves as a good distractor from the exercise :D

kelli32 11-25-2008 07:38 PM

JM's punches put me in a better mood- I like to imagine I'm punching people. Thats not healthy at all. lol

Iconised Ghost 11-25-2008 07:39 PM

unless they're psycho axe killers you're imagining!

O_O

ghost 11-25-2008 07:45 PM

Thats how I used to rock tae bo, imaginign I was kicking someones arse...course back then I had anger management issues...

jahjah1223 11-25-2008 07:48 PM

I always use anger ... even if i have to dig up stuff to be angry about! hahaha like my sister telling me she doesnt even believe i got to the 130s :cheer: ILL SHOW HER ALRIGHT!!

Iconised Ghost 11-25-2008 07:50 PM

yeah, i have had several "angry phases" :D "i'll show you what you dumped!", "why dont you leave me alone??", and "rarrgh i hate everything!!". I think its healthy to deal with it using exercise :D

NishKitten 11-25-2008 07:54 PM

Heh...

That's why me and hubby do MMA together. We've both got horrible tempers so to spare the police trying to break up a brawl, we just take it to the mats.

If he wins, he was right. If I win, I was right. First one to not get up, or whoever bleeds first loses.

I miss him so much. Only about 20 or so more days, though. :D

jahjah1223 11-25-2008 07:57 PM

Thats awesome Kitten! im so excited for you!!

mazza 11-25-2008 07:58 PM

I'm like you, Garstar. If I'm angry at something, my workouts tend to be more intense and often, they are better because of the energy I throw into them.

Boxing circuit classes always help heaps :) .... though I don't know if my fellow classgoers are happy about me taking out the anger into their boxing pads.