3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   So weird..... gained boobs since working out? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/157113-so-weird-gained-boobs-since-working-out.html)

Here we go again 11-24-2008 02:47 PM

So weird..... gained boobs since working out?

This is a crazy question..... I feel silly asking it but it's happening to me. I've always heard that when you lose weight you lose your boobs. Well, um I'm not. I've lost inches around my back but I have actually gained in cup size.

Could this be because I'm working out my arms, core and pecks?

I was wondering if anyone experiences this. I'm not complaining, just wondering if this is normal?

NYCT1981 11-24-2008 02:51 PM

did you start birth control or anything?

Here we go again 11-24-2008 02:57 PM

nope, not at all. Nothing has changed in my diet or work out.

staja 11-24-2008 02:58 PM

If your band size has gone down and your actual breast size has stayed the same, it's not too weird.

The band size is found by measuring around chest, under your breasts. To figure the cup size from there, measure around the fullest part of your chest, over your breasts. Then subtract the band size from that. The difference equals cup size. If there is a 1" difference, it's an A, 2" difference, B and so on.

I've found that even after losing 65+ pounds, I still wear the same size bra =(

Elwing 11-24-2008 02:58 PM

Maybe you did not gain boob but lose in the area where the support band beneath your boobs goes? Cup size is actually the difference between the band length and circumference around the biggest part of the breasts. So if your boobs stay the same size (or even shrink a bit) but the "band area" below it shrinks more you could very well have gained in cup size.

ghost 11-24-2008 03:02 PM

hhhmmmm, interesting. very very interesting.

Here we go again 11-24-2008 03:04 PM

That's interesting. I'll have to measure when I get home. All I know that I wear a 40DD which is getting big, but both my boobs use to fit in the DD cups and now they are spilling over. This has never happened. I might have to see what size I am now....

NishKitten 11-24-2008 03:59 PM

Haha!

Yep! I didn't gain a cup size, but after the 30DS they definitely fit differently in my bras and they're perkier than ever! They haven't looked like this since I was a b-cup back in middle school, and i'm sitting at a 36D right now.

Push up's and planks work your pectoral muscles and cause them to push out, which gives fullness at the top. The breast tissue and fat you do have is also then pushed out, and given a natural "lift", thus the sudden hotness.

I haven't lost any of my boobage, and went up two cups since I started losing weight and I loooooove them. An acquaintance of mine recently showed up at a get-together this weekend and paid me the ultimate compliment (he's... well, SHE has been doing the estrogen treatments to become a woman) this weekend when she showed up with brand new boobs... and they were inspired by MINE!!!! :D

Here we go again 11-24-2008 05:01 PM

Nish- That makes me feel much better! I figured it has something to do with new found muscles from 30DS. It's very interesting, I never thought I would go up a cup size. I mean I haven't yet, but it's getting pretty darn close. Do they even make 38DDD? Would that be the next one? Jeez, I have no idea.

Shannon in ATL 11-24-2008 07:43 PM

I wish mine had gotten larger instead of smaller! They are now AAA, though somewhat perkier than before! :)

HeatherMcG 11-24-2008 08:09 PM

Perky boobies... I got 'em!

And yes, HWGA, they do make a 38 DDD its just not easy to find. I used to buy mine at Fredrick's.

NishKitten 11-24-2008 08:10 PM

Hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here we go again (Post 2468590)
Nish- That makes me feel much better! I figured it has something to do with new found muscles from 30DS. It's very interesting, I never thought I would go up a cup size. I mean I haven't yet, but it's getting pretty darn close. Do they even make 38DDD? Would that be the next one? Jeez, I have no idea.

Well the best tip I ever got about bra buying was that you should get the cup size that starts on the outside edges a fingertip width away from the crease of your armpit. The band should be snug, right around the center of the rib cage and if you drop the shoulder straps off, your breasts should still be supported and stay in the cups. If you drop the shoulder straps off and your tata's drop two inches, the band size is wrong and you need a smaller one.

I also find that once you get into the D's and up's, it's almost impossible to find a full-coverage bra that won't make you ooze out of the top simply because that stupid seam is always sewn straight as opposed to having a curve. Like they think we've all got saggy, bottom-heavy boobs or something. I'm not 75 years old for cryin' out loud!!!! Try a Demi cup and see if that's more comfortable. I know it is for me, but sometimes women don't feel "covered" enough in one. I would also recommend the Bali Full Figured line. They sell them at Dillards, JCP, and Macy's and they're perfect long-wear bras made especially for the top-heavy gals. Super comfy, and wide straps! Just don't wear one on a date. :o

Added: Ooo! Yes, fredericks! They have some bras in there that would actually make you stop and ponder the size of the breasts that would fit them. And theirs are super sexy. No more are we confined to bras that only come in beige, black, and white! They even sell an Ultimate Push Up wonder bra in a 36D and up... Never thought I would see the day...

I wear that one when I want my husband to agree to eeeeeeeeverything I say. :D