3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I love this time of year!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/157059-i-love-time-year.html)

Chance0421 11-23-2008 10:12 PM

I love this time of year!!

I'm wrapping Christmas presents & listening to Christmas music!!!

Its Courtney 11-23-2008 10:16 PM

Sounds fun! I need to START my Christmas shopping! :X

Kinda waiting to jump-start it on Black Friday....can't wait!!

kelly315 11-23-2008 10:28 PM

I can't even tell you how much I love this time of year too. My boyfriend insists that we don't put up the tree until the day after thanksgiving, otherwise my whole apartment would already be the north pole, lol.

QTestRDH 11-23-2008 10:35 PM

I love this time of year too!! In fact I love it so much we have more than one tree in our house and I got my boyfriend to agree to putting one up with me today!! AND I got him to put the lights up outside but he won't let me turn them on til after Thanksgiving :)

Arthwen1985 11-23-2008 10:40 PM

I am putting everything up day after thanksgiving here too. I don't have any lights but I have an angel troll doll thing that moves. Got to stay on the creepy side.:devil: I was thinking about painting the troll's nails black :dizzy:. hahahaha

carcar05 11-23-2008 10:49 PM

Arthwen- you are from portland aren't you! ;)
I'm originally from the east (more conservative) side of the state, but hope to move to Portland eventually! :)

We have to wait until after Turkey day... but it's been hard restraining myself! :)

wantingtolose 11-23-2008 11:43 PM

I was listening to christmas music all day today too. I love it. We are putting up all our decorations on Wednesday too. My husband wanted to put them up the day after halloween :dizzy: He's crazy, and i made him wait :p
It is finally starting to feel like the holiday's even though i have bought no presents yet. The weather is colder, and Thanksgiving is this thursday- seriously where did November go?

Iconised Ghost 11-23-2008 11:50 PM

i think we usually wait until 12 days before xmas before we put up our tree and decorations, and we take them down 12 days afterwards. I love wrapping presents, but i hate seeing my bank account after buying them all!!

brittanykathleen 11-23-2008 11:53 PM

I love this time of year so much also! I cant wait to put up my tree and decorate my house. AMAZING.

luvmyinnerdemon 11-24-2008 01:31 AM

lol weve had our christmas lights up now for two weeks! my uncle is leaving the day before thanksgiving and he wanted to make sure that everything was done before he left! weve felt like the crazy people on the block for awhile now,but ive noticed more and more people catching up! I love this time of year as well! Its my favorite, and my older boy is slowly starting to understand the maddness of it all! His pics with santa have been a nightmare so far though, i may scan them and post them!

RachluvsFashion 11-24-2008 10:26 PM

I LOVE that Christmas music started the day after Halloween. This is my favorite time of year and for it to only last 30 days is just not enough for me! I am mostly excited for my 3yr old. He finally understands Christmas and this whole Santa/Family/Presents thing. I can tell this is really going to be a special Christmas for our family this year!

katykat 11-24-2008 10:33 PM

I totally agree!! Christmas time is sooo much fun! It's been snowing here for over a week now and I have my shopping almost half complete =D

Bee20nine 11-25-2008 08:27 AM

Its the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

I love Christmas time. I love the music, the family and friends time etc.

My dad hates Christmas music he thinks it should only be played while your opening presents Christmas day and thats it. I play it as often as possible where he can hear it hehehehehehehe.

How do yall give gifts in your family and extended family? do you draw names or only buy for the kids, or everyone gets and gives something?

Our extended family has gotten so big we only buy for the kids ie college and under. Dang guess that means I wont be getting a Christmas present this year from the extended family. poo on that.

jmb1981 11-25-2008 08:49 AM

ahh christmas! i've been waiting all year for it! it's my favorite! the music, the lights, the atmosphere, the friendly people who normally aren't, giving presents, helping people out, i love everything about this holiday! i am very excited to see my daughter this year. she is 2 1/2 and is more understanding this year of santa, presents, the tree, music, all of it. love it! we put our tree up on sunday, i just couldn't wait any longer! a lot of ornaments are lower and some branches have multiple ornaments on them, this was my duaghter's first year helping. she kept telling everybody, "this is my tree" "this is my christmas". guess i need to teach her that it is the family's tree and everybody's christmas ;)

JessieCat 11-25-2008 09:01 AM

I totally agree!!! I have had my tree up for a week and a half and put up all my Christmas decorations this past weekend! I have been playing Christmas music on my ipod on the treadmill for the past 3 weeks! I have a special playlist for fast Christmas music that is so upbeat, I always have a good workout! haha I am crazy!
I really love when the stores start their Christmas displays early.
Bee20nine- my dad feels the same way about Christmas music! I can't get enough of it!
I agree with those who said the season is just way too short! It is the best time of year! Plus my bday is Dec 19 so that just adds to the excitement!!!!:D