Old 11-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Default Cutting the SIZE tag in Pants

Everytime I buy a pair of pants I cut out the tag that lists what size they are. i have been doing this for about a year. It depresses me to now what size i am and i am too embarrassed to let anyone else know my exact size.
Sometimes i feel like a lunatic. Does anyone elso do crazy things like this????!!!
motiv8me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I used to .. but really that only makes things worse, you have you accept what size you are in order to try and change it.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #3  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I would never shop with anybody for clothes hating anybody finding out the size I was. I would never dry my underwear outside on the line because they looked more like a parachute than a pair of cute knickers. If i was ever directly asked what size I was I would say a couple of sizes less than I was. I am fortunate with being on the tall side I carry my weight really well so could get away with these lies. If I had put more weight on and needed new clothes I convinced my DH that I had shrunk them in the wash. I think in a round about way I started to believe this little white lie.

Though at the beginning of my weight loss journey I decided enough was enough of this hiding everything and little white lies. I started to tell the truth because I was committed to changing for good. Since that moment I have never looked back. Though folks now don't believe my size clothing as they think I am 2 sizes smaller well go figure .

So I can fully understand where you are coming from and the ways you deal with your weight. I know you won't be the only one out there who do weird and wonderful things to protect yourself from others finding out the size you are at present. Though now you are committed to changing this and saying goodbye to these sizes you hide like I did
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8me View Post
Everytime I buy a pair of pants I cut out the tag that lists what size they are. i have been doing this for about a year. It depresses me to now what size i am and i am too embarrassed to let anyone else know my exact size.
Sometimes i feel like a lunatic. Does anyone elso do crazy things like this????!!!

I've never done that. It makes sense as to why someone would, but we know, even if we don't see it everytime , what size we are. And anyone who would validate who I am as a person based on my size isn't someone I want to be friends with....
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I dont.

But sometime ago I read that some companies were changing their sizing. So, a normal 12 would be a 10 or 8 or even a 6 in certain brands. They did that for the reasoning that women don't like seeing their pant size and it makes them feel better about themselves if they see a smaller number. From what I heard it did quite well and boosted profits dramatically. I dont remember now what brands were doing this. But I totally understand why you would want to take the tag out.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't cut out my labels, but I'll admit, last year as a prsesent boyfriend ordered online a shirt I loved in the size he thought was appropriate. It was way too small, so he exchanged it for the next size up. That was still way too small, but instead of admitting I wore an XXL, I pretended I had lost the shirt and ordered it in my real size, then when it came I started wearing it and pretended it was the one he had bought me. I just won't let him look at the tag.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #7  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

I know alot of people who do it, but it has never bothered me. I dont know, I can see the reasoning, and I know alot of people who will wear sizes WAY too small for them not to have to wear a bigger size.
Either way hopefully you wont feel tht way for long, and youll be happy to people what size you are
Jen
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I used to be ashamed, but I just got into 14s last week so I am rocking that tag!! Only one size away from 12s! I get a little weirded out around my sister-in-law because she is a size 2, but whatever. I'm not beensy like her, and I'm getting healthy! =)
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #9  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Never! I do too much thrift store shopping. I hate it when people do that and then donate stuff, so annoying.

Also it's just silly. It's not like you're going to fool someone into thinking you're skinny and then they see your tags and totally change their mind. If anything they'll think that a) women's sizing is strange (because it is) or b) that brand runs small.

Last edited by SavingServo; 11-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

To me it seems silly to cut out tags. If you are big, you're big no matter what a number says on a tag or a scale. I have a friend that does that and she is constantly trying to make herself appear smaller. She will wear girdles and long sleeved clothes when it's 100 degrees out and we go to the park. She is 300 pounds and I know she has to be sweltering there in all those clothes, beads of sweat running down her forehead, with the cut out tags! She is total denial of her size.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
It's not like you're going to fool someone into thinking you're skinny and then they see your tags and totally change their mind.
I have to agree with this.

And even more so, you cut out the tags, but YOU are the one who bought the pants so YOU still know what size you are. Having pants w/out tags doesn't change that.

I know it's hard sometimes to admit that you've gotten to where you've gotten. I think we've all been there at one time or another. But I do believe that you'll never get to a point where you can get serious about losing weight and being healthy until you acknowledge where you are and how you got there.

I hope you find that point!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I heard on the radio that it's really common for women to cut the size tags off their clothes. I've never done it though
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #13  

I've cut tags on things because I don't like the number, I don't think it's strange.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #14  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

No; I've never done that. I can see where you're coming from though. I have worn pants that didn't really fit for way too long. I even used to wear some that I could hardly get on even with the zip open - closing it was out of question. So I wore them with the zipper open and a long shirt over it. Yep, I was that desperate. Also, when I was at my highest weight I really needed some new pants, the old ones not only didn't fit anymore but I just couldn't wear them anymore (stains, holes etc). So I went to a thrift store and to my great scare I found out that the size that fit me best was a 46 and sometimes even a 48 (different sizing system, that is somewhere close to an XXL). So I searched and I searched until I found some 44 pants that fit me. I mean, of course it didn't change my size at all. But I just refused to buy pants in a larger size. Isn't that ridiculous?
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #15  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I've cut the tags off some clothes if they are really scratchy, or they stick out of the back of my clothes all the time.

But to try and hide what size they are? Why? You'll know what size they were when you bought them, and like PhotoChick and Colleen said, it won't change how people think about you.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote