Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!! I feel the same way. A war broke out on my face this week!! No lie. I actually had awesome skin in high school. No zits nice and clear. After I turned 21 that's when they attacked! I have had bad break outs since I turned 21 and I'll be 26 in about 6 weeks! I used proactive after my face got really bad without any help from over the counter products. Has worked well. But I have thought about trying something else. Not sure what. Plus If I wear mineral makeup that stuff that is supposed to help your skin, it makes it worse! Not sure why. I like proactive because its not too strong where you'll have a dry flaky face and its still effective. They have the best face moisturizer too.

I totally understand you. I'm getting really frustrated at the moment too!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #17  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I had breakouts...not bad ones, but I would get huge pimples in the most noticeable areas like my nose, chin and forehead. But back in those days, I didn't even use a moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and so some products will just make the problem worse so I didn't put anything on and was a soap and water girl. Now days, I work for a natural skin care company so I get lots of freebies. ;-) It's cool because natural products don't have the gunk in them that used to mess me up. You should do a search on these types of products...there are a lot out there, some better than most and some places offer samples so that you can test and see if they really work.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #18  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

i have bad skin too and i'm 26. i didn't really get breakouts til i was about 20, either. i mostly get breakouts along my mouth, chin area. for the most part though, i have really deep big lumps under my skin. the kind you can't pop. they are really painful and tender too. or i also get tiny little clogged whiteheads, also the kind you can't really pop.

i've used alot of products for my skin. it's dry and sensitive too. i used to be crazy and always pick at it, and scrub really hard and use all these products and i think i made it worse. so i usually just wash it with warm water, use a toner, and moisturize. and i think it's better.

also..... i read that digestive problems and food allergies can lead to breakouts. and during the last few weeks, i started taking digestive enzymes with meals, and i swear my skin has seriously cleared up.

so good luck to you, i feel your pain. trust me.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #19  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

i use some kind of daily face scrub (clean and clear usually) and straight up cetaphil mosturizer. i also use a tinted spf on my face like a foundation in the morning. i am terrible about taking off my eye makeup at night though.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #20  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I'm 27 and have always had awful breakouts. Recently, I went to a dermatologist for another issue and she also prescribed me a face wash called Benzoyl because of my pimples. It's been 3 months, and a friend of mine actually commented the other night on my flawless skin. You're supposed to use the wash twice a day, but I only do it in the shower. She also gave me a sample of some Duac cream for putting in the bad pimples at night. I swear, when I have to use it, they're almost completely gone by morning! But I haven't really had any breakouts lately to worry about using it. I still have really oily skin, but I've started using a mineral powder from Walgreens every day which is like magic for the goo and the shiny.
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 AM   #21  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm one of those people that had perfect skin in high school, and then I hit my mid-twenties and started breaking out. I wish I knew why so I could stop it. I used Proactiv for a while and it was really effective, but I couldn't afford to keep using it.

Now, I wash my face with Johnson and Johnson's Baby Wash (I'm not kidding - it's really gentle and ideal for sensitive skin), moisturize with an oil-free moisturizer, and at night I use a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide pad made by Stridex. I love those pads!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

Ugh I hate them! I dont break out big time, just consistently have a few big ones. I was put on retin-a which is beginning to help but still does not have a fighting chance against my period. She put me on antibiotics (weird, huh?) for the body acne but i was getting yeast infections so i stopped that..
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote