Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #16  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

One of my best friends met his wife online. They just had a beautiful daughter together.

I think it can work but be safe.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 AM   #17  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2Be View Post
I always say that online dating probably isn't for me because I don't think I could handle the potential long-distance factor (I'm weak! lol), but I've never ruled it out entirely, heh. I think the whole idea of meeting your *soul mate*, someone who lives across the world who otherwise never would have met, is sooo romantic!

i met my BF of 2 years on yahoo personals.... the best part is that he only lived 15 min away from me! i never would have met him otherwise. sometimes your sole mate is right around the corner! it took a while though. i met some real duds before i met HIM.

with that said, just a reminder that you have to be careful online. not everyone is who they say they are. there are some strange and scary people out there. but the same thing goes for meeting someone in a bar or restaurant etc.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #18  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I really like that you started this thread, because I kind of consider getting into online dating too. I don't like being single much but there are not many people I know that I consider being a good partner for me. Too young, too lazy, no sense of humor, doesn't talk... I'll have no men left at this pace! But there are some people I'd consider so I have decided that I have to fork out the courage to ask them on a date first. If I don't dare say anything online dating isn't going to work either.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/215/147

Height: 5'7"

I've just started seeing someone who I met on plentoffish....I was so nervous going for the date as you know pictures etc are of you looking your very best lol but we're having a lovely time dating.
creamsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I have thought about online dating as well. Still kind of scared. My best friend found her boyfriend on match and they seem great together. My Chiropractor also found her boyfriend through match and they have been together over a year! I've heard good things but I've also heard it can be a little frustrating going through several candidates. But they say you have to have patience!

Let me know how it goes if you do. I'm too chicken to do it!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I am also shocked at how many people have met from online as well! I made sure I was meeting local guys because I couldn't handle long distance either!

Kritter - you have to be patient when out in the world dating - I had to date a lot of guys before I met my bf. Enjoy the experience, because you always learn something from people you spend time with... even if it's how you don't want to be!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #22  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I browse on plenty of fish...I like the message boards really. But yeah, I couldn't imagine actually going out with someone on there...How do you get over the fear of meeting a crazy person?
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

I met my husband online. He was searching through yahoo profiles for people who went to the same college to chat with and came across mine. We chatted a bit, started dating, and have been together ever since. We might have met as we went to the same church, but I probably wouldn't have dated him if we met that way - the first time I saw him, I didn't think he was physically my type. I knew from chatting with him, though, that he had an awesome personality and decided to go for it. We celebrated our 1st anniversary last month.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

I met my husband in December 2003 off yahoo personals and then we were married in November 2004 and we just celebrated our 4th year anniversary. My life would not be the same if I had not tried online dating!!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Disgruntledone, I used to be that way. I never wanted to do online dating, then one day I just met someone on a message board and became friends. It's becoming more and more common these days.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #26  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Again, I am really surprised by how much success all you ladies have had with online dating! I've never really considered it to be something that I'd do, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting seriously tempted now! Hehe. I mean, if it's free, and you can limit the search to find people who live near you... Hmmmm... LOL!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #27  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I've done it... I met a guy on Plentyoffish.. to be honest, he wasn't really my type, but he was a really nice guy. You can definitely meet sweet guys, you can also meet douchebags.
Also, I found that after talking to a guy for a bit, it really took a LOT of courage for me to agree to actually meet them... I mostly just chatted to them for a while, then never encouraged a date.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #28  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I haven't had any (lasting) success with online dating. I have a profile on plentyoffish.com but I have decided to cool out on the dating for a while.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #29  
Workin' It

I met one of my boyfriends in high school in an online BBS (Basically a chat room before there were pics and stuff...!) We dated for a couple of years, until he went off to college in New York. One of my aunts is also currently dating on match.com - she lives in a very rural Georgia town, so put in her public profile that she was willing to date men of any racial background, which she is, but that isn't the reason she put it right out there. She was hoping having it so up front would weed out the intolerant rednecks that she meets in Albany already. So far she has met a number of great men, and none of the stereotypical Albany guys have bothered to message her. She has been very pleased so far.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #30  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I met my husband on eHarmony. We've been together for 2 and a half years and married for two months and one day
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote