Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Default I went for a surgeon consultation today

I'm really happy. Not happy with the price or the fact that I need 2 surgeries like 6 months apart... lol... but happy to pay that price. I'm gonna go for another consult in December with a different surgeon to get a second opinion. I intend to get the first surgery (tummy tuck and arms will probably be the first one) in June.

Just had to share because I feel really great about it. Now I have something really motivating to aim for.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

That's so exciting, honey!!!
You should chat to Remembertosmile, she's going for a few major surgeries next month!

Congratulations. I know it's probably MASSIVELY expensive, but I'm sure it'll be completely worth it.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Yes I am. I'm getting the first of what will be two surgiers next month (a little over two month after my consultation.) I will be getting a tummy tuck, breast lift, and breast augementations that will make me about a mid C cup. The doctor said in as little as three months she would do the second surgery, a lower body (inner and outer thighs and but lift) along with possibly my arms.

The cost of the first surgery is around $14000, it's a lot but totally worth it in my opinion. The scares are going to be a lot too, bikini line, and then from my belly button to my breast, the scars from the breast lift/augmentation, and then they are removing the skin on the side of my breast. Again it is a trade off but totally worth it. The doctor said I probable wont be able to lose more weight on my own becasue I have so much extra skin that is a lot of what is left of my weight, the tummy tuck will probable be a loss of at least 10 pounds!

When are you planning on having yours? I happy to have someone to chat with about it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh I wanted to add one more thing I opted to go for silcone implants rather then saline becasue they look and feel more real. They have only been back on the market for under a year but other countries have allowed them for years. They have a lower breaking rate than saline and you have less chance of rippling. The cost of the saline where $1000 and the cost of the silcone was $2000, I think it is worth the extra cost and this is not the time to be cheap about it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 AM   #5  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Thanks Jelbb! Looks like RemebertoSmile made it easy for me to talk to her. lol And yes I agree, the expense is sooo worth it!

I'm gonna have to wait til June, after the school term ends (I'm a grad student). I was reading about silicone and saline implants today.. I'm in Canada and I don't know if silicone was ever illegal here but I know that it's legal at the moment. I'm gonna go visit at least one more surgeon, maybe 2 before I set a date, but I'm really excited about it. Thanks for telling me about your plans RemebertoSmile! I will be very interested to hear how it all goes for you!!

Last edited by futuresurferchick; 11-19-2008 at 12:13 AM.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

wow thats so exciting! You're so brave, im terrified of surgery >.< i hope it goes well for you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:28 AM   #7  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I hope everything goes well! I would be super-scared myself, even though I'm studying medicine...
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I think it's normal to be a little scared, but the benefits by far outweigh a little fear.
I'd be more scared if she was rocking something like a triple bypass, something a little more likely to be life-threatening.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote