Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey Green Team!! How are you all doing today? So far so good here. I posted in a new thread that I lost 3 pounds this week, so I am pumped for this challenge. One more pound & I'll have lost 20!!!

These are all of us added together! We are good to go!

This is where we are at at this point:
Total current weight: 1040.7
Total goal weight: 879.7
Total weight to lose: 192.4
Total weight lost: 0

I also saved all of your current weights & all the information to my computer to make next week easier. I'm so proud of you all for signing up for this challenge. If you need any support or encouragement, you know where to find me!!

Last edited by Chance0421; 11-17-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #47  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

im here, im here, sorry had to take my dad in for knee surgery

Current weight: 73.4kg (161.82)
Ultimate goal: 55kg (121.25 pounds)
To lose: 18.4kg (40.57 pounds)
Old 11-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #48  

Thanks darlin'! I was beginning to wonder if you had been abducted!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #49  
This is not a test.

nothing could drag me away!

they'd have to abduct me WITH my laptop and internet connection
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 150/201/135

Height: 5'6

I hope everyone is having a good morning wherever you are! My workday is just about done, and I've been successfully OP all day! Although I still need to exercise. I wimped out of running this morning but I solemnly swear I will do it when I get home in about an hour or so... Congrats again Chance on those 3 pounds!!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #51  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Green Team!
You're getting a new member! Her name is KimL1214, and she needs your support!
Please take into account her current weight, and her final goal weight, and refigure your numbers, and repost them in the main thread. I appreciate it!

Cheers,
Jess
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #52  

Hi KimL1214! Welcome to the Green team
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #53  

Hey KimL1214!! So glad to have you on our team. Go ahead & post your current weight, your TOTAL weight loss goal, and the difference between the 2 so we can put you into our team numbers.

It's so great to have you. One of us is usually always around so if you need any kind of support, you know where to find us.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakabeth View Post
Celi, what kinds of things are you doing at the gym now?
Right now, I am doing 45 minutes of treadmill work. I put the speed to 3.1 and work up an incline until 4.5 I feel like my legs and butt are getting tighter, but I havent seen any significant weight loss. I make sure I check my heart rate every couple minutes and believe it or not, I am in the 165-180 mark everytime, which my trainer said is good for cardio. I hate the elliptical, it bores me half to death. My heart rate is still up there so I figure thats a good sign. Is there anything I should change or up my workout to get better results? Or am I totally not doing anything right?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Maybe your body is too used to that workout and is begging you to switch things up a little.

Try doing some speed circuits on the treadmill. I've heard it is good to bring your heart rate up and down during a workout and going from 3.1 mph up to a jog, back down to walking could be good.

Also, maybe try adding some resistance training a couple days a week. You may be concerned that it will make you "bulk up" but it totally won't! You can even just do lunges and squats using your body as resistance.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #56  

Ok, so I saw in some other threads that people are doing little questionnaires so I thought we could do one too. I thought it would be a good way to get to know each other better.

1. What motivates you to lose weight?

2. What is your reward for getting to your goal weight?

3. What advice do you have for others who are trying to lose?

4. What is your weakness?

5. What made you decide to start losing weight?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #57  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Hey everyone! I’m so excited to join your group!!! I’ve had a really hard time sticking OP this past week and really need something to jump start everything. I did great for 7 weeks, but this past week has really kicked my butt.

My name is Kim, I’m 24, going to be 25 in December. I’ve been with my BF for a little over 2 years, living with him for a little over 1. I’m a North-Eastern, and absolutely love it up here, although the winter weather kind of makes weight loss hard at times. I’ve struggled with my weight since freshman year in high school. I gained a bit of weight freshman year, and because of the ridicule I received from my family, I became anorexic. The worst part is that my parents thought my weight loss during my anorexic sophomore year was great. I was 5’5” 113 lbs. before a new BF convinced me that I did not need to lose weight, but actually needed to gain. So gain I did. Because of my eating disorder my metabolism is extremely slow and I have gained, and gained, and gained. About two months ago I tipped the scales at 261, so I joined weight watchers 2 weeks later and officially started my journey this time at 258.0 lbs..

I’ve done WW before and lost 40 pounds, which I immediately gained back plus some once I stopped the program. College was definitely not a help, but honestly, my BF has been the worst influence ever. He is 6’1”, 170 lbs., eats anything and everything whenever he wants and doesn’t gain any weight. He is totally unaware of how hard it is for me to say no to food that he puts in front of me.

So far I’ve lost 14.8 lbs. and am down to 243.2. I get 33 WW points a day and 35 bonus points to use throughout the week. I have not added physical activity yet as I really have no time in the afternoon or evening (I work full time as a paraprofessional and part time as a waitress), and have yet to successfully drag myself out of bed in the AM. I know I can get up as I’m quick to move when it’s time to get up for work, I just need to convince myself that working out is like my job, it has to happen. I have both Tae Bo, Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs, so I have plenty of choices.

Yay… I can’t wait to start! I’m excited that we have a small group so we can really get to know each other!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiddkidd06 View Post
Maybe your body is too used to that workout and is begging you to switch things up a little.

Try doing some speed circuits on the treadmill. I've heard it is good to bring your heart rate up and down during a workout and going from 3.1 mph up to a jog, back down to walking could be good.

Also, maybe try adding some resistance training a couple days a week. You may be concerned that it will make you "bulk up" but it totally won't! You can even just do lunges and squats using your body as resistance.
I was thinking that to. I actually just put myself to 3.1 because I was at a speed little lower and I wasn't even losing my breath. My heartrate wasnt up there either so I decided to make myself go a little faster, and so far my heart rate has been up, but no results. I know everybody swears by "cardio" but I figured since my heart rate was so high, I was ok. Also, I was thinking about taking the incline out of my workout for a little bit and just walking on a no incline with the speed a little higher because the incline was KILLING my ankles. It would hurt so bad some days that I felt the pain would never go away.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #59  

Celi, I agree with Shannon, your body is probably too used to that workout by now. When I was in my best shape I alternated walking at an incline with brisk walking or a slow jog on no incline. Also, most treadmills have different courses? I really liked doing the hill. I felt like that challenged my body more and kept me from getting bored. I did the varying inclines and then adjusted the speed so that my heart rate was in the right place.

My old trainer also used to recommend alternating one day of a longer, less intensive cardio (45 min) with a shorter workout (20-25 min) of higher impact cardio, ie jogging. Let us know how that goes!!

EDIT: Ooh I see you answered while I was typing. You should definitely lay off the incline if it is hurting your ankle!!! Try doing an incline of 1.0 at a speed of 4.0 or something? I've broken my ankle twice so I'm a little paranoid about it but seriously, if it hurts, STOP!

That questionnaire is a great idea! here are my answers:

1. What motivates you to lose weight?
A couple things. First off, I turn 26 in February and by then I would like to be on my way to developing good, healthy, lifelong habits. I'm worried if I don't do it now, it will be too late for me to really address my food and body issues. I'm mostly focused on getting healthy, although losing all the weight would be nice too

Also, my sister is getting married next winter. She is ridiculously tall, slim and gorgeous, as are all of her friends. I don't want to spend the wedding stuck inside my head in self pity!! Not fair to me, and definitely not fair to her! So I want to be toned and at my goal weight by then...

On a final shallow note, I miss being able to wear all my skinny clothes, and I don't want to buy clothes in the size I am now, in fear that it will keep me here.

2. What is your reward for getting to your goal weight?
I'll be living on the coast this summer, and if I make my goal weight I am going to splurge on a ridiculously expensive, ridiculously impractical bathing suit

3. What advice do you have for others who are trying to lose?

Definitely, don't bully yourself up when you mess up!! I've always struggled with the days when I fall off a little. I somehow feel like that is an invitation to jump off! I always surface three days later feeling worse than I did before. I've learned that after I fall off, I need to just move on, eat an apple or work out, something that will remind me I'm still mostly on track..

4. What is your weakness?
Ha! I have so many... I love LOVE to cook for people, which usually leads to lots of tasting and nibbling along the way... Also, going out to dinner, take out, etc. SPRING ROLLS. Or any variation of fried Asian food and I will probably fight you for it. Oddly enough, I don't like sweets or chocolate (unless its TOM), but I definitely make up for it with excessive amounts of peanut butter and pasta..

5. What made you decide to start losing weight?
I gained a lot of weight last year, and I think I was just living in denial, until I realized that my clothes weren't fitting at all anymore.. The real kicker though was a picture of me from a Halloween party. One of my new friends here emailed me, calling it such a nice picture, but when I looked at it I just wanted to cry. I look huge and bloated and a little sad. That was confirmed when my sister saw the picture and called to see if I was ok... That made me realize how much I didn't want this version of my life anymore.

Ok sorry! That went on a bit. I'm supposed to be studying for midterms and I'm really trying to put it off

Last edited by bakabeth; 11-18-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: you guys type faster than I do!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #60  
This is not a test.

hi Kim, welcome! sounds like a crazy journey you've had so far congrats on your loss so far!

well, today i have to report thhat i had a bit of a splurge yesterday, probably went about 500 calories+ over my limit. It all started with feeling hungry after training so i tried having a cup of tea and a biscuit (because i was already close to my limit) but that didnt do so i had some toast, which lead to chocolate, cheese, biscuits, crackers, gah! Ah well, new day today, im sure that one splurge wont ruin the week. Remind me to get my *** to the gym this week i've been a bit slack, because i started going back to training 3 times a week, which is exercise but not really as intense as it needs to be for weight loss >.<

I start my new job today, and im nervous! Hope i dont screw up!
Closed Thread