3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   feeling overwhelmed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/155600-feeling-overwhelmed.html)

Chance0421 11-03-2008 08:09 PM

feeling overwhelmed

So, I know I have done great by losing the first 16, but to still have 48 pounds to go feels interminable. It makes me feel so overwhelmed thinking that. I know I have mini goals set & those are motivating - it just feel frustrated.

Anyone else feel that way?

jahjah1223 11-03-2008 08:11 PM

I usually try to focus more on what ive lost and not what ive still got to lose ... it helps A LOT and motivates you .

kelli32 11-03-2008 08:18 PM

I definintely do considering I was down to 155 about 2 and a half years ago and it was extremely unhealthy and I OBVIOUSLY gained it all back. My goal weight is 15 pounds less than that and I'm just afraid if I couldn't maintain 155 how will I ever get to 140! But then thats why I'm here right?

One step at a time :D

Mango683 11-03-2008 08:42 PM

I feel your pain. I have come so far, in a relatively short amount of time..but I feel like I will NEVER reach my goal. I feel this for a number of reasons: I don't deserve to be that skinny, I can't possibly be that skinny, something will happen and I'll fail, etc. Basically, all negative thoughts. I know it's horrible, but I just can't help but think them. Even though it's not much that I have left, with my loss slowing down at a considerable weight, it's taking more time and patience, which means more focus and determination and after doing this for so long, it can get me down.

So, long story...yes, I feel very frustrated. Heck, I don't even know if 155 is too high..I kind of just picked it because it seemed like a decent weight!

UrsusMaritimus 11-03-2008 11:12 PM

I wonder if that "this is impossible" feeling ever goes away. I'm about 7 lbs. from goal, and I still feel like there's no way I'm ever going to get there.

I'm starting to think maybe it would be best for me to go goal-free... Just commit to the lifestyle changes and see where they take me...

Chance0421 11-03-2008 11:37 PM

Ursus:What did you do to get to your goal? What was your eating plan? Exercise?

JulieJ08 11-03-2008 11:41 PM

I just try to remember that whether it takes 2 months or 20 months - that time is going to pass anyway. I can be healthier as time passes, or I can stay the same or get worse.

Chance0421 11-04-2008 02:08 AM

You're right Julie. I guess I didn't think about that. My husband says I'm being a debbie downer tonight, so I think I was just feeling blue. Tomorrow is a new day & after this kick-start day, I know I will be feeling better tomorrow. Just one of them days!

onagainoffagain 11-04-2008 03:44 AM

Julie! you wrote that up quite nicely. So true.

Sometimes I try just to eat healthily and work out, but not strictly track my progress. However, I usually fail that way since I lack focus. And I keep thinking, had I stuck with it when I said I would, I would be at my goal weight by now. But it's never too late restart or pick up where you left off.