3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   c'mon ben & jerry, WHY? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/155579-cmon-ben-jerry-why.html)

aml 11-03-2008 03:48 PM

c'mon ben & jerry, WHY?

ben & jerry's is giving out free ice cream scoops tomorrow for election day. they do this for tax day, too. i work right next to a ben & jerry's...i'm totally going to have to take an alternate route home.

NishKitten 11-03-2008 04:02 PM

You're a better woman than me. I would be in that line first thing in the morning. :lol:

AngelD 11-03-2008 04:07 PM

You guys get way better election days than us!

mazza 11-03-2008 06:16 PM

This is kind of like 7-11 day, where you get a free small slurpee if you say "happy 7 eleven day" to the clerk. I think it's only in countries where 7-11means seventh of november, though... which means Australia. It's going to be a temptation. Free food always is to me.

Ice cream is totally better than slurpees though. Yum.. free ice cream.

UrsusMaritimus 11-03-2008 06:32 PM

There's a B&J's two blocks from my house... Luckily I'll be teaching until 9 PM tomorrow and they'll be closed by the time I get home!

mandalinn82 11-03-2008 06:42 PM

Well, if you can't resist the free "I Voted" goodies, why not head to Starbucks instead! Tell them you voted and you can get a tall coffee free - just think of the calorie savings!

Katelyn 11-03-2008 07:33 PM

you could always get froyo... hehe i have to work polls all day tomorrow so when i hear about all of these little free things it thoroughly erks me cuz i know i can't go get any lol...
starbucks is giving out coffee tomorrow too...

luvja 11-03-2008 09:33 PM

Yeah man, we don't get free ice cream on our election days! Probably because we don't have a Ben & Jerry's. But Dairy Queen should take pointers! :mad:
It's all about self-control! :)

vdaybaby 11-03-2008 10:00 PM

OMG! I want one, I am so about to find out where a Ben and Jerry's is!

Jelbb 11-03-2008 10:16 PM

...your country has much more fun election days than us. Your Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's give you free stuff? I just get glowering glares from political friends of mine when I mumble lamely about not knowing enough about each party's platforms to make an informed decision... that's the extent of my election-day joy.

aml 11-04-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazza (Post 2437204)
This is kind of like 7-11 day, where you get a free small slurpee if you say "happy 7 eleven day" to the clerk. I think it's only in countries where 7-11means seventh of november, though... which means Australia. It's going to be a temptation. Free food always is to me.

Ice cream is totally better than slurpees though. Yum.. free ice cream.

that happens here on july 11th!

mojolove05 11-04-2008 11:06 AM

Just to add to it, Krispy Kreme is giving away star shapped donuts today. Lots of temptations today.

Shannon in ATL 11-04-2008 12:07 PM

Shane's Rib Shack is giving a 3 piece chicken tender meal (including fries and large drink) to everyone wearing an 'I Voted' sticker today. I know we have those in Georgia, not sure where else they are located...

mayness 11-04-2008 12:09 PM

Unfortunately, there are no B&J's within 2 hours of here. I wish there were, it's a lot easier to stick to one scoop if you're getting it for free and you'd have to pay for extra, lol!

You'd have to pay me to drink Starbucks' brewed coffee though, I don't care if it's free! Blech! Like drinking a campfire.

kamesennin 11-04-2008 01:51 PM

Just say no to ice cream!!

If you live near a babeland store they are giving away a free "toy" if you show your voting sticker/receipt.