Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

kelli32 - I had a friend that did nutrisystems she didnt mind it. Not the best food but just right for someone looking to lose weight. Ahhh the big city. I miss it sometimes. I deliberately moved to a very small town in Wyoming lol I must be nuts.

Elwing - Thanks for the slogan love. Thank you also for the tip about weight lost at a slow rate staying off here is to hoping!

sh3l5 - Hope your scale was nice to you, if not make it up this week!

Chele - Thats awesome friends and skating what a great weekend! Thats awesome about the jumbotron and funny about the skating diet lol.

HeatherMcG - Yuck I hate people who bring their leftover candy to work with them. I don't keep it in my house and now I have to deal with YOURS at work? Bleh... Good luck with that goal Sounds like your no stranger to hard work.

Star2b - 100 back on track good for you girl! I have a good feeling about your weigh in. Sounds like even though it was a little tough you suck to your guns.

jelbb - Yeah my hubby has never seen me post of here but I am sure if he did he would totally be put off by the title lol... Thanks for your faith hun it means a lot! Lost hot clothing now found is definitely a high! 155.4 is so close to 140! Keep it up girly almost there... I thought I was the only one that kept track of HOW LONG it had been since the other texted back in a fight lol. This is completely normal to feel this way hun. I am sure he is just being moody and trying to teach you a lesson lol. Boys are weird.

beaka - WELCOME BACK!!! Stay on that wagon girly...

As for me:

I was only 7 calories over where I needed to be to lose 2 lbs this week. Not having my car I refused to let myself miss a workout and jumped on the treadmill at home to get through day 2 of the c25k program. It was hot in my house and after 15 minutes I was ready to give up but persevered. I have a love hate relationship with running at the moment...

Tonight I am going to treadmill it up again this time an incline program for my ghetto booty... Today is Tuesday weigh in day so here is to hoping the scale will be nice to me...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all, I had a what started out as an awesome weekend, but it kinda went a little south...

The bf and I headed out to the mountains to celebrate our bdays and check out the Banff Mountain Film Festival. The films were excellent. (If a film called Saving Luna opens near you, you MUST go see it. It's sad but so good!) We went out for an awesome and totally unhealth 5 course fondue dinner. Now this is where the weekend kinda went south. After dinner, my bf made a comment to me, that he didn't intend to be hurtfull, but it cut me to the core. It was all I could do not to burst into tears. The rest of the night, I could barely stand to have him touch me. I didn't tell him how bad it hurt me, but he could definately tell that something was wrong. He felt terrible, but it just was so painful to hear. We got back to the hotel and I pretended to be asleep/super drunk so that I wouldn't have to talk to him. I spent Sunday, acting like I was happy, but in reality I just wanted to curl up in a corner and bawl. I actually cried silently for most of the drive home. I haven't heard from him since he dropped me off on Sunday night. Which actually isn't that unusual, we tend to go a couple of days without talking/texting.

Jess My guess is that he probably just forgot. I know it's frustrating, but my guess is you'll hear from him soon. Don't stress to much. Let us know what happens, though! Just keep in mind how good it felt when that guy was checking you out!

Kelli31 I'm slightly addicted too this forum to, I really should be working, but I'm on here instead. Not good.

Remember A ditzy supervisor is the worst. I've had one or two of those and they drive me nuts!

I'l be back later, to write some more personals.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #33  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Today girls i am going to be brave. I am going to go swim suit shopping. Because i always go in the middle of the season and miss out on things i like, and because things are just coming into stores now i need to go have a look. I've had my old ones since i was 15 and they're kinda wearing out >.< wish me luck!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #34  

Ok I'm back!!!

Jelbb thanks for kicking my butt and my mentality back into shape. I'm trying your idea where I take things 3 days at a time. So far so good Its so much easier for me to think of things in small increments and feel happy about meeting small goals.

It was a rough weekend.. of my bf getting upset with me at a party because I openly refused to eat some fast food.. granted yes we were hungry, but at the same time I wanted to make something or get something semi-healthy.. So I was ok with eating the fast food, but not ALL of it.. and thats where the problem was I was already full after eating 1/2.. and figured I should save the rest in case I felt hungry later in the night (beer munchies an' all)!

So I'm back, I feel like I'm doing ok w/ the weight loss! I still havn't weighed myself :x I'm still mad at my scale!!!

Ok girls! Good luck today
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #35  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Can I just say that people are so dumb? If you aren't in the mood for a rant, please feel free to skip to the personals. Today at school, we had all of one grade level together in the cafeteria. Mr. Principal decided that these kids should all do veterans day activities. Fine, but here is mistake #1. YOU CAN'T GIVE THE SAME PACKET TO KINDERGARTEN THROUGH 5th. Duh, most k's can't read yet. They can't do word scrambles or searches. Also, maybe this is a newsflash, but THE MAJORITY OF 5TH GRADERS DO NOT WANT TO COLOR. So anyways, he happens to mosey down the hall and hear our kids in the cafeteria. Over 130 students + 16 to a table + loud echoing space = You are gonna hear them in the halls. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I happened to be standing near 2 of the other ladies. We were discussing further actions that needed to be taken regarding a particular student. At that moment, Mr. Principal happened to come in because it was too loud. He took it upon himself to call the 5 of us adults together and explain that there were 5 of us and that was more than enough adults to quiet them down. Wanna know the funny part? He had to stop twice in his first sentence to turn around and quiet them down. So, I'm thinking this is great because now he sees what these kids are really like. He also mentioned that "Standing in a group is not an effective way to control these students." Newsflash jerk.... we were trying to figure out the best way to deal with some of your problem students not standing around discussing nail polish and hair care. I know shocking isn't it?

Anyway, he continues his little lecture to say point out that me and another girl are both licensed teachers and that we should have a better handle on things. He also mentioned that someone should be describing Veteran's Day in detail. (Let me add, you do NOTHING in this school without "prior approval." I mentioned YESTERDAY to the lady in charge that sometime should at least explain to these kids what Veteran's Day is.) He again pointed out that we were licensed teachers and should have already been doing that because "we have a paper to go with our name." What a jerk. Not only did he make me feel like a totally incompetent teacher but made the other girls feel like $hit because they don't have a "paper" to go with their name. Mind you, he has had to quiet the students town over 7 times thus far.

I was totally mortified & angry. I felt bad for the other girls that he belittled them. I was angry that he again made me feel like I didn't know what I was doing. My ultimate goal is to get a job there next year. So now I look bad. And guess who makes the decision? You guessed it. Mr. Principal. He is just so.... ARRGGGHHH!!!! I am so ANGRY right now that I have tears running down my cheeks. Who does he think he is?!?!?!? Why?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #36  
New BodyBugger!

So now for the rest of today's news.... (Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot personals!)

bekko- Poo, poo on boys. They don't understand. Give him time. I am sure he will see it wasn't as big of a deal as he thought. And way to control the fast food!

iconised ghost- WOOT, WOOT!!!! Yay for swimsuits!! And yay for you getting out there and finding one. So you may not look like a supermodel, so what? Take pride in your success!!

shan- For you too~ Poo, poo on boys. I don't think that they realize how their comments hurt. The worst part about it is that they don't mean them like it sounds. Try talking to him. He can't apologize if he doesn't know you are hurt!

Stephanie- *sigh* I had another butterfinger from the devil candy jar. Help! Don't let me go their again!!

Cali- Poo, poo on research papers. I hated them in college. The best thing is prob to put your head down and get to work. The longer you put it off, the worse it will be.

Elwing- I love when people see the 3FC. lol, yep that's right. I am working hard to lose weight. And, I am not the only one. HEHEHE makes me feel like I am part of a special club because I have people who help me!

So gas was $2.19 (!!! !!!) I filled my truck up for $21. Was it empty? Not quite. But 20 bucks isn't awful.

And, it is my TOM . Why am I excited? Because I have suffered from PCOS and am trying to get healthy enough to conceive. This is month 2 that my body has worked on it's own! If you have or know someone who has it, you know what an accomplishment it is for your body to do that without being BC induced. So babies? Not quite yet. Soon though. I need to be healthy and have a healthy lifestyle and healthy habits before I take on caring for someone else. How can I keep them healthy if I can't keep myself healthy? I just don't want to add risk to pregnancy when it is risky enough on its own. You know what I mean?

Last edited by HeatherMcG; 11-04-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #37  

Heather, I'm sorry you had such a bad day at work. Kids are difficult enough to deal with, but throw in an inconsiderate and lousy boss... well that's a recipe for disaster! Hopefully, things will work out and you'll get your full time position for next year. Congrats on the TOM (I don't think I've ever said that to anyone before!) My bf did appologize for several minutes. The entire walk back to the hotel, he was "Baby, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. You know how much I love you. I'm sorry. etc" Then there was the give me a kiss line. Why do boys think that a kiss will make it all better? Anyone else notice that!?! I just don't think he knew that it was still bothering me the next day. He did have every right to say what he did and it is something I need to work on. But it's just a sensitive area for me (not weight related!), but I don't think he know how sensitive. Plus I was tispy so I probably took it a little worse than I should have.

Cali I hate papers! I'm susposed to be working on one for the distance studies course I'm in...but I just can't bring myself to do it. Good luck with it!

Ghost Swim suit shopping....shudders.... good luck and I hope you find something uber flattering and sexy!

Bekko Good for you for only eating part of the fast food. It's too bad your bf was being stupid
Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

stephanie I got on the packaged meals forum and started reading about it. I've decided I can probably eat just as healthy without paying all that extra money, esp since I won't have bf and junk food around.

shan I can totally relate to your bf story. My bf just says whatever he wants and doesn't think that it hurts anyones feelings. Esp since he could care less what you or anything else says about him. I don't know how many times I've slept on the floor or couch because he has made me so mad with his inconsiderate comments. I'm not saying your bf is as mean as mine, just that I can relate haha.

ghost good luck! you can go ahead and buy one for me because I certainly won't be buying one anytime soon haha.

cali I'm supposed to be writing a paper right now too, instead.. here I am. I'm just so sick of writing papers I've never had so many due in one semester my whole college career.

Me.. ugh.. RANT

I've seriously had one of the worst days in awhile. I woke up at 6 to work on a paper and went to my friends at 8 to do laundry. First off I do both my bf and my laundry and he wakes me up every morning he has early class to drop him off but he gets all pissy this morning when I ask him to help me carry the laundry out. I'm not asking him to drive me anywhere.. just walk outside. Then I'm working on my presentation that I had at 3 while the laundry is going, have to work at 11 so I folded everything that was done, and went to work. So I asked if he could pick up what was left in the dryer and I get home from work and its in this huge pile on the bed all wrinkled. SERIOUSLY? I was furious. Its not like he was busy.. just playing video games like usual.

On a good note our presentation went well, I kinda botched the intro because I was still mad but I finally got it shook off. Now I'm on here typing away my anger instead of working on my paper that was due at 5. Then I had to pick up my bike from the shop and they charged me $100 to put on a new handlebar.. are you kidding me? Not only that but they charged me a convienence fee for using my debit card. So I said "convienent for who? aren't YOU getting paid?" that went over well. I think I"m going to curl up to some biggest loser and then go to bed early.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Heather.....I totally understand 100% what it's like to feel belittled and incompetent by administration or other adults at work. I teach high school special education and there have been many many moments where I want to rip my hair out of my head because of the way we are treated. I can't even imagine putting a whole school in the cafeteria to do the same exact activity. That is just screaming "utter chaos"! LOL I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #40  

Well, I'm off to the gym for the first time in months..... (like 5 months!) I'm neverous b/c it's been so long. I'm going to start the C25K program tonight. Hopefully my shin splints won't rear their ugly head.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #41  
New BodyBugger!

Chele- Thanks girl. It was only one grade level but, still I know what you meant. I too hope that tomorrow is a better day. Isn't administration supposed to set the example? And bless you for teaching Special Ed. It is my goal to someday join you!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #42  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Yay, my nightly visit to 3FC!! Hehe. Feels so good to be here. I have had a pretty average day... Which, in comparison to last week, feels pretty darn fantastic! Hehe. I have been thinking a lot about Onederland lately. It feels closer and closer, and yet I still have that little niggling doubt that I'll never actually get there. And I can't think of the right thing for a "reward" when get there--I want to do something special, but everything seems either not special enough or TOO extravagant (i.e. something I should save for my ultimate goal)... Any suggestions? I know I'll just feel like having a huge party when I get there, hehe, but I'd feel too embarrassed to tell people what we were celebrating!

just keep swimming - LOL yes, you are worth it!! And so am I! I hope we can both get back on track and get some losses this week. And that is a very impressive workout schedule you have there, lady! Good luck with it. Not that you need it, of course, hehe.

leighish - I always forget that you're a cake decorator, too. WOW, that must be one of the hardest jobs to have while trying to lose weight... You get like... 1000+ admiration points from me! Lol. My mouth waters just at the words "buttercream frosting." Gah! I'm so craving some now! Hehe. Good for you for EVER having good willpower at work, lol. Even if you slipped up a little for one day, overall I think that is very impressive.

vdaybaby - Ahh, yes, it definitely sounds like you will feeling my pain when that paper is due, lol. How crazy--just one paper at the end of the semester! Sounds very stressful indeed. But yeah, I feel so great about being able to get back into the swing of things. I can only hope that the scale will be kind to me at the end of this week!

Jelbb - Aww, thank you!! I missed you ladies so much, too! Hehe. And as for the boy situation, I agree with Iconised Ghost--you put the ball in his court, so it totally is "his turn" now, hehe. I would certainly look at it in that way, too, so don't feel silly about it. Though, as it's been said, it's possible that he's just exhibiting stupid-male behavior. Hope you get to talk to him soon!

beaka - That's so cool that you're getting closer to your lowest weight ever! I'm pretty sure that I'm currently at the lowest weight I've been in at least 6-7 years... Wow, I hadn't really thought about that until just now! Thanks for the boost, hehe. But yeah, you go girl!! You will get there very soon (and then you get BELOW there, hehe)!

Stephanie Osborne - Thank you! I hope your weigh-in will be(/has been?) kind to you, too, hehe. It sounds like you've been working super-hard since the last one; so you deserve tons o' kudos!!

Iconised Ghost - Oooh, bathing suit shopping! Sounds fun (because I love shopping of any kind, hehe), but I can see how that could be very intimidating. You will look super-hot in your suit, I promise! Hehe. Good luck with it... Try to have fun! (As hard as that may sound, lol).

HeatherMcG - WOW, your boss certainly does sound like a jerk! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad day... Last week was like a string of awful days for me, so I really can relate. It must have taken a lot of strength for you not to stoop to his level and lash out at him, so good on you for having such a good professional attitude--unlike your boss. You have every right to be upset, but I do hope you feel better soon. Tomorrow will be a better day!

kelli32 - Aww, sounds like you didn't have a very good day, either--I'm really sorry to hear that. I would have been really angry about the laundry, too... You have to fold it when it's fresh out of the dryer, or it'll be all wrinkled when you wear it! And yes, I hate "convenience" fees like that--ugh. I am very proud of you for curling up with BL instead of a bag of chips or something, heh. You deserve a prize for that! I'm such an emotional eater; when I'm having a bad day, all I want is food.

I think I must have used the word "impressed" or some form/synonym of it at least 10 times in this post, LOL. You ladies are so astounding today! I'm so blown away by how amazing y'all are. And proud even to be associated with the powerful women who post here, hehe.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #43  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I just had one of the worst days in recent memory.

It did start off on a good note. I get allergy shots and take alot of allergy meds I could probably be a walking case study. I went in for my 6 month checkup and although they didn't move my shots to once a month they did help in other areas. Since I am graduating in like 5 weeks i will be dropped from my parents insurance, and they are only going to give me an extremely reduced rate on my shots and make sure that all my meds are on the cheap or free ( i love me some samples)

The bad part. I had to take the first part of my 2 part test today that is worth in total 40% of my final grade. Part was on paper and the other part computer. I have never had computer issues until today. My computer kept locking up and overheating. I got all the way through the exam almost without problem, and at the very end when I was trying to submit my work the computer totally spazzed out and I got the blue screen of death. Professor had already called time and everything he was like "I will look at the timestamp on your work and if it is after X time I wont count any of it." I freaked out I told him my computer crashed and he was just like "Oh well too bad so sad for you guess you lose 20% of your grade." I officially at that point had a breakdown I was shaking so bad, about to cry the whole 9 yards, thankfully someone behind me had a usb drive and I was able to get the file on that. I followed the professor up to his office to ensure that he put my file on his computer for grading and then he had the nerve to pretend like there was nothing wrong. I am so glad I will be graduating that way I never have to come back to this $*&%&(#&%$ university.

Phew I feel better after venting a little bit.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #44  
New BodyBugger!

Wow, an awful day for everyone. Sorry Chicks!!! Is there a full moon or something?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #45  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Ladies, I followed your advice today at work and it worked! I packed along a pack of big red gum and popped a piece anytime I thought I might need to keep my mouth busy. I was working with Ganache today so it was bound to happen

Meredith- when I hit onederland I did..nothing. I changed my ticker and that was my celebration. Hahaha! I'm thinking of finally getting my hair done though. You could do that!

Heather- as a fertility challenged woman myself (I really think DS was a miracle) I can understand being excited about TOM showing up. Best of luck when you and DH start TTC.

Ghost - good luck! Last time I went swimsuit shopping I ended up with a maternity 2 piece tankini. It was gorgeous though and no one would really know the difference. Probably too big now.

Jelbb- I'm originally from Saskatchewan and I met DH online. We were actually married but still living apart for awhile. I know how frustrating these things can get but I really hope it works out because you get so happy when you talk about him. (well, not this time.)

caligirl- this seems to be a growing trend, the half a$$ wagon. Perhaps we all need some new motivation.

A couple of things about my day.
The employees at the store are starting to really notice the loss. One fellow told me I'm unrecognizable because of all the weight I've lost. Is that good? he creeps me out a bit. I had another girl whom I chum around with a little bit get "mad" at me for losing 7lbs more than she has. A girl from the deli department across the way marveled at my incredible shrinking butt and I was like UM STOP LOOKING AT MY BUTT?! and finally someone has decided to refer to me as the ghost because I'm disappearing. What the heck?
I guess once you hit onederland its all very noticeable?

The girl in the deli, i was walking by one day and she called out "SKINNY!" like it was some kind of putdown and she's a big girl herself and she's just very...well..unique so I hollered back "don't be hatin'!" and apparently that was hilarious. Oh Kroger employees. what's the old adage about not having to be crazy to work here but it helps?

I think the whole family is getting sick. DS is miserable, I'm feeling scratchy and DH has been cranky for days.

I was supposed to have friday and saturday off this week. She wrote me in for friday just because she thought I might like to have more hours. It wasn't necessary for me to be there. Here is my quandary. I made appointments to get my hair done and stuff for friday. Do i reschedule my appointments to work some arbitrary shift I don't have to work at all? or do I blow off the 8 hours of pay to get my hair done...?

I'm leaning toward the hair.
wow this got long
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote