3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Did vodka kick my metabolism in the ***?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/155253-did-vodka-kick-my-metabolism-%2A%2A%2A.html)

CatRocks 10-30-2008 06:45 AM

Did vodka kick my metabolism in the ***?!

Hi guys!
Here's the thing. Yesterday i weighed in at 128 exactly. Was very happy, was my halloween goal and everything, yay!
but...last night i went out and drank WAYYYY too much vodka, got very very drunk and came home and ate pizza, yuk. And today i apparently weigh 126.8. Now dont get me wrong, i am ecstatic, but part of me thinks this may just be dehydration or something...i dont think i could have lost over a pound overnight!
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Cat
x

sh3l5 10-30-2008 06:55 AM

weight loss can be a funny thing sometimes....
yesterday i was 121.7 today im 122.1....
but tomorrow is official weigh in day....
see what the scale says tomorrow....
sometimes i believe eating more one day causes bigger losses wen u return to plan....

shannonmb 10-30-2008 08:47 AM

You never know, sometimes it takes a few days for all your work to pay off!

Then again, drinking a lot does tend to dehydrate you. Guess you'll know by next week if it was a fluke or a real loss.

Good luck!

luvja 10-30-2008 09:15 AM

Well if thats the case I'm turning into an alcoholic. :lol:

Kataclismic 10-30-2008 10:35 AM

Sorry cat, it's most likely dehydration, considering alchohol is full of empty, sugary calories. Drink lots (of water!) today!

mayness 10-30-2008 11:55 AM

Probably dehydration. And sometimes, after dehydration, your body will retain some water until it gets back to "normal," so don't worry if your weight goes back up tomorrow.

My weight fluctuates up to 5 pounds from day to day with no apparent reasons, so I'm always jealous of people like you who normally have fairly constant weights. :)

Jelbb 10-30-2008 12:05 PM

Unfortunately, after a night of heavy drinking, whether it be beer, cocktails or hard liquor... my dehydrated self always weighs in at a number that makes my eyes pop. That being said, vodka's a good weight-loss choice! The darling drink of dieters.

Keep going, you!!! :)

aml 10-30-2008 04:23 PM

i hope this happens to me this weekend.

ghost 10-30-2008 04:27 PM

I always weigh less the day after drinking alot. Dehydration will do that. Probably tomorrow you'll be back up. But, it sure makes my hangover more tolerable knowing I'm "slimmer" even if its a fake slimmer.

iriswhispers 10-30-2008 04:28 PM

that's always been my experience w/ drinking (that i'll actually LOSE a pound or two), and i can only chalk it up to dehydration... it always comes back within a day or two.