looking for a weight loss friend. - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'9

Default looking for a weight loss friend.

i just think having someone who can be there to keep me motivated would be such a help,other than my skinny mom and my stupid skinny friends who dont get it, im 20 and i've plateaued. im trying to loose 40 pounds...if anyone is interested, let me know!
fleming13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #2  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I'm 21, I'm at 175 and I'd LOVE to help ya out!
I'm starting Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred today, i got it for $10 at WalMart, there is a thread for it here in the 20-somethings section. Maybe you've already tried it, but I've heard it can really help with those plateaus!
I'm starting a blog to track my progress on it, as soon as I've done my first workout I'll post an entry and I'll message the link to you if you'd like!

Good luck! Keep drinking tons of water and just don't give up- you've come a long way!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'9

aw yaya im so excited,
i've never heard of that shred thing but i will check it out.
i am also tracking my progress and im not big on exercising because im always so busy with school, but i know i can find the time if i wanted so im trying to be a bit more strict on that. i was actually kind of sneaky and i went to a herbal magic meeting to find out what there deal is, but since they want to charge you 5 billion dollars for everything i just listened to what type of supplements they give you, then went to GMC and bought it all for a fraction of the price. so i am going to see how that goes for today and see if there are any improvements for tomorrow.
fleming13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #4  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

You just gotta take it one day at a time. It has really helped me to only weigh in 1 time a week, on Mondays. At first it's hard to do that, I realized I was obsessed with the scale. I'd weigh each day, morning and night, and if I was up even a fraction of a pound I'd be depressed. Now that I only do it 1 time a week, I feel healthier and happier.
This 30-day-shred thing is great because it's only 20 minutes each workout, you really get to sweating, too. Today was my first day on it but everyone seems to be having great results with it! Good luck, keep at it!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 16/14/10

Height: 5'10

I'm 22 with about the same amount of weight to lose, and today I'll finish Day 6 of 30DS. I'll be your buddy too!

30DS does give you results, and quickly! It will burn at first (boy will it) but after that it gets easier. I've never done a DVD before but it's such a great way to get in exercise. Keep in mind- there's a lot of jumping involved. Some people are a bit agitated because they didn't know this sooner and have bad knees or something. You'll also need to have light hand weights... and the DVD of course! Not a bad investment to help get you in shape!
April762 is offline   Reply With Quote