Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #76  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I just wanted to thank everybody I've met here. Along with DH (who I couldn't have done this without) you guys have been the best support system I could have ever asked for. Even when I have bad days it's you guys who tell me that it doesn't make me a failure. You guys are all so wonderful and I feel like we're all one big family!

Man, watching the Biggest Loser turns me into a sap.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #77  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^LOL, me too! Although I just finished a big assignment, so for my "reward" I decided to read through this thread a bit and actually write some responses... Aren't you ladies flattered that I enjoy this forum (and this thread!!) so much that I use it as incentive to finish schoolwork? [*edit* Whoops, that arrow is supposed to be pointing up at RHTS... Guess I took too long to write my post, LOL!]

BellaHTH - Thank you!! You are too kind. I'm impressed by your commitment to watching less TV! It probably feels like such a momentous occasion because it'll be hard to go back on... It's like how people feel weird about throwing out their "fat" clothes, because it's like committing to the idea that you'll never be that size again! Haha. So good for you for taking that step.

Chele - I'm all for us reaching Onederland together!! Hehe. We can do it. When are you hoping to get there? I'd love to be in Onederland by Christmas (or even... dare I say... Thanksgiving?) but realistically I'll be glad to get there whenever I get there, LOL.

HWGA - CONGRATS ON THE SIZE-16s!!! That is SO awesome! What is it about dropping a pants size that is somehow 1000x more fulfilling than seeing a lower number on the scale? Hehe. I hope you relished every moment of buying those new pants! And I am endlessly impressed with how much you have slimmed down, just in a few months... Get it girl!!

Jelbb - you called me a superwoman, AND you actually think I can be in the 210s by Halloween, and therefore I love you!! Hahaha. I don't think I was around yet when you first started posting around here before, but it's been so nice for you to come back! You always seem to give everyone such a boost. Bummer about the pain-in-the-a** boss, though. I call for mutiny! Mutiny!!

stephiewilliams - Thank you! And I agree, those pictures are gorgeous... Like breathtakingly beautiful! You are very talented.

vdaybaby - Yikes about the paper!! Bummer, man. Spoken by someone who has definitely been there (unfortunately, ugh) I can completely empathize/sympathize. You should be very proud of yourself/throw a little party when you finish! Or more realistically, go to bed, which will probably be just as exciting at that point LOL.

I don't have any real updates since the last time I posted. I've accomplished a TON of stuff tonight, and it's only 10:40PM (here)! Woo-hoo! I usually don't go to bed until 1-1:30AM (kinda late, but I don't wake up until 9:30AM so it's all good) so it's like I have a few extra hours to do whatever I want! MAN, I love times like this... If y'all can remember back to the days of late September where I was slightly dreading going back to school, I hope you don't think I was lying about the workload and the craziness--for some reason, this year just seems so much easier. I'm sure I've listed these things before, hehe, but when I think about all the stuff I actually do - getting all of my schoolwork done either on-time or early, working 13 hours a week, rehearsing 5 hours a week, somehow managing to get plenty of sleep, AND I'm losing weight, too? I'm not bragging or anything but I mean d***! Sometimes I feel like maybe I AM super woman after all! Haha.

Btw I think someone asked what I meant by "rehearsals" in last week's thread and I completely forgot to answer!! I'm not a theater major (though how cool would that be!), though I have auditioned for a few of the university theater things... Though unfortunately it's all about politics at my school (ugh) AND I feel like my weight holds me back from getting a lot of roles that I'd otherwise be considered for... Purely judging off of the no-talent skinny b****es who have been cast in some of the shows I auditioned for, LOL. But no, I'm actually in an a cappella singing group at my school. Singing is my true love... And I'm not gonna lie, I think I'm pretty good at it, too, hehe. Though I've wondered whether losing weight will affect my voice--I have a really strong, belty tone (I can belt up to a D, sometimes E for all of you performers out there!) and I'd hate to think that I might lose it when I lose weight. Though I think it'd be a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Last edited by Star2Be; 10-21-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Meredith....my ultimate onederland goal is by New Years Day. It would be nice to be out of the 200's at the start of the new year. Haha, but I'll take it whenever I can really!!!

Amanda...welcome to the thread!!! I'm Michele, but most people in internet land (here and other places) call me Chele since it's probably easier for them to remember because of my screen name. As I'm sure you already picked up, this thread is where we just basically talk about anything and everything! haha You're doing great so far. Keep it up

Last edited by Chele615; 10-22-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:16 AM   #79  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Leigh - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the biggest loser. That show is so motivational, and it helps me avoid temptation. I watch it while i do floor exercises. Unfortunately I also love cooking shows like Top Chef and Ace of Cakes. One cancles out the other right?

Jessica - My name is Becca. It really sounds like your new boss SUCKS. I thought my job was bad, but retail is the worst. Good luck with her! Kill em with kindness... that's my theory.

Stacy - Maybe one day someone will create a way for us to exercise in their sleep? I hate mornings, am totally anti-morning, and the one time I did try to exercise in the morning I began dry heaving. Needless to say I nixed that option. I have been able to exercise mid day on my lunch break and I'm likin that.

Amanda - Way to go on avoiding the sweet! How did it work out? You know a dietician told me one time that if you're craving something sweet, eat something salty, and vice versa. Strangely enough, it WORKS! Weird....

So i called in sick today, after going home early. I don't feel great, but I don't feel awful either. I think it was more of a "mental health" day, but I think we all need one of those occasionally right?

Hope everyone is having a great "hump" day!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #80  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

vday:
Thanks darling!! And yeah, this summer I had to get used to my job being in front of a computer all day long. Not always as fun as you'd think when it's not voluntary.
How'd your paper wind up going? You get anywhere near the 30 that you needed to cite?

Heather:
Bah, you were thinking what we all think at some point: "Oh for the love of ****ing god **** piss ***** **** this is HARD."
I hope some of your determination is renewed! Sometimes all it takes is a good sleep, or a nice surprise on the scale to bring back all the worthwhile-ness of it all.

Amanda:
KUDOS on resisting! I'm proud of you, darling! It can be really hard sometimes when those cravings arrive, lol.
Also, well done with WW, it sounds like you're totally on track, which is hella impressive.
75 lbs in one year is 6 and 1/4 lbs a month, which is slightly less than 2 lbs a week, which is totally doable. In fact, by healthy standards, 2 lbs a week is supposed to be a good rate of weight loss, so slightly under that is perfect.

The only thing to keep in mind is that... sometimes you can't control how fast your body drops off the weight, (thanks to plateaus, and unexpected gains) and as you get smaller and smaller, it's not as likely that you'll drop off 5 lbs every week. Absolutely set goals and deadlines for yourself, but if you don't ALWAYS meet them, make sure you don't beat yourself up, or let it discourage you and ruin your motivation!

You're a rockstar, and you're gonna do amazingly, darling! Time to lose that weight for the last time.

Oh, and... as for exercise routines, I've been forcing myself to walk.. everywhere. Which has resulted in my just about doubling the number of steps I would normally take. It's not much right now, but I'm hoping that school will calm down a bit, and I'll be able to get back to the gym-- where I do a weight circuit and rock out the elliptical for at least half an hour 3-4 times a week. (...not lately tho... )

Stacy:
I totally use 3FC as homework avoidance. I understand.
...and you make an excellent point.

leigish:
*sniffles and wipes away a tear*
I LOVE YOU, TOO!!!! *breaks into sobs*

No, but you're right. This place is fantastic, and I appreciate everyone heeeere!!!!

Meredith:
Haha, aww, good, I'm glad that YOU'RE glad I'm back. I always kinda wonder if people are like, "Oh for the love of god, it's that annoying chick who makes ten bajillion posts..."

I hope your weight loss doesn't affect your voice... I'm sure it won't. And I also hope it helps with auditions!!

ALSO. I looked at your progress pics for the first time ever, cos I'd never noticed them before. And you have maaaad definition in your face and chin and you're looking beeeaaautiful. You must be so proud of yourself!!!!! YOU'D BETTER BE!!!!

Becca:
With kindness, eh? You good Samaritan you. I was thinking of killing her with one of the Italian sterling silver chains we carry...
And yeah, retail IS the worst. But.. surprisingly enough, until she came along, I really liked it. I never dreaded going to work, I loved the girlies I worked with, and I enjoyed the job to the fullest.
...now I just spend my shifts plotting ways to maim her when she comes over to me while I'm with a customer, stands over my shoulder and starts forcing the obvious sales pressure down on the customer's head. Way to make them not wanna come back, you psycho.

And **** yes, you need a mental health day. If you're considering whether or not you need one... you probably do.

*victory dance* Ceeeelebrate good times, COME ON...
And once again, I'm down this morning... I am at 156. One. Fifty. Six. I think... the last time I was on 3FC, I made it down to about 156.4 or somthing... before falling off the wagon, and bouncing back up to the 160s and not coming back.

...I was 160 when I left for Ireland, and over the ensuing next month or so, I didn't have a scale... but I think I lost about 5 lbs or so, just because of being in a new country, I had better things to do than stuff my face. So I met my boyfriend somewhere around 155 lbs, and I'm so close to being back there. I'm not giving up this time. I feel too good about my losses to quit now!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #81  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

ghost - I am sorry your feeling so sad and depressed hun. I am a big believer in fate. Even though we might not know why everything happens for a reason. Things will get better hang in there and do what you can with what you have.

I will not fail - COngrats on your loss your rocking it girly! I definitely think your goal is possible. And probably given your positive attitude and hard work, thats a lot of jobs! The thing with exercising is starting really is the hardest part. Once you feel the sense of accomplishment and notice how awesome it makes you feel you wont want to stop. Try making it a game like seeing how many days in a row you can go... I try for at least 45 mins of cardio per day. My fave is the elliptical or good old fashioned running. My name is Stephanie Nice to meet you.

RHTS - I did take those. The ring shots are always my favorites. Thank you for the compliment. Have a glass of wine to celebrate! Aren't compliments great??? You deserve them it sounds like you have the willpower of a saint.

Jelbb - I would LOVE to come to Canada lol. My husband and I are thinking of visiting Vancouver here shortly... Hold up you work at a jewelry store, your now my new best friend j/k. Thats terrible about your manager. Isn't it also her job to care that you all make your numbers since as your manager that is a direct reflection on her. I think you should go above her head... ooooh ireland. I would love to visit theer. My maiden name is McTaggart. The only out of the country trip I've been on was my honeymoon to Paris. If I'm a good girl and make enough money I'm hoping to visit Italy in June. Do you have a pic of your bf?

vdaybaby - Those cupcakes were to die for. SOOOOO good. I only had one but I could have eaten that whole cake lol. 30 articles? Thank god for the internet huh? Good luck with your paper. Hey and if you like white zin you might tri Asti. Its like a white zinfandel champagne. very good.

leighish - That is so sweet! I'm glad you found the support that you needed...

Merideth - Thank you for the compliment on the pictures. Its my passion, I love what I do and I hope it shows. You ARE a super woman for sure. Isnt it funny how having no time is when you get the most done. When I am on deadline is usually when I am most productive. Thats so cool that your in an acapella group. I love to sing though I'' admit Im terrible at it lol.

Last night I tried out some new foods from the food network. What you guys have to realize is I am not by any means a good cook. BUT my darling husband is. So between the two of us they managed to come out pretty outstanding. It snowed super bad where I am and my husband came home early from work. So I skipped my workout to go home and be snuggle bunnies. It works out well though because he will be out super late tonight entertaining clients so I can get my workout and my photo processing into full gear. Helps the time go by.

Blech I weighed in yesterday at 144.2. Last Tuesday I was 144.6 so at least I did not go up but I know this past weekends binge was what did it. All the more motivation for me to hit it hard this week though.

Hey I was wondering does anyone here keep a blog? I have one for my workout diva then one for my high powered photographer persona. I'm the kind of girl who is not only motivated by forums but also feels an accountability by having to blog my bad (or good) behavior for the world to see.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I am really on cloud 9 today. I have lost 2 feet from my body in three months! I was 279.0 this morning! I'm wearing a smaller size.... I can't believe that there were times that I was going to give up. Now, I'm so thankful for you girls. I mean seriously, I'm not trying to be gushy or whatever, if it wasn't for you girls, I would have given up but now I can't, I'm forever changed.

I feel all emotional and stuff.... I still think it's surreal. This morning I tried on my 16 jeans to make sure that it wasn't all a dream and measured myself. I don't know why I think I'm going to wake up and this not be true.... Will that ever go away?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #83  
Queen Yo-yo

Stephie:
Hehe, Vancouver is kinda sorta like... on the West coast of Canada, and I'm due north of New York, essentially. But you can come visit me first! If you're gonna take a trip anywhere, you should go to Banff. I sh!t you not. Google images "Banff." Trust me.

As for my manager... I don't think she knows what her job is. Right now she seems to think her job is towering over the part timer sales girls while we're dealing with customers, and making both us and the customers feel uncomfortable and pressured. And.. we've gone to our Assistant Manager (who is just as annoyed as everyone else) to give her formal complaints, so SHE can go higher up. Muwaha. Effortless on my part. Then again, there are only 5 of us who work there, so it might create drama, lmao.

That's an awesome maiden name, btw. My boyfriend's mom's maiden name is O'Reilly. I really want him to change his name if we stay together so I could be Jessica O'Reilly. Let's just say that my boy's last name creates an alliteration in my name that I'm not fond of. JJ. >.<

Ooooh, you're going to Italy, that's so cool. I'm jealous of you. I'm taking Italian right now (intro) but am still having trouble stringing together sentences.

And yes, I've got a piccature of me and the boy.

Oooh, you're so lucky you got real snow. Namely because we only got freezing rain yesterday. *makes a face*

I must say, I'm rather jealous of your career, lol. I love nothing more than sitting in front of my computer playing with photoshop and illustrator. I really should get into some kind of graphic design career or something... Your website's gorgey by the way. I creeped on it.

And yeah... you're not down a TON, but the point is that you're still down. Thus, YOU WIN. Honestly, I'm proud of you for losing even with a bad weekend... you could've gained, and you didn't!!!

HWGA:
WELL DONE, you! We're all so proud of you, and your excitement is totally infectious!

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-22-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Jlb- that is such a cute picture! You are beautiful!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #85  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Here we go again - Thats awesome! I cant even imagine how happy you are thats a huge accomplishment.

Jessica - You guys are too cute! Your gorgeous... The hubby has always wanted to see Vancouver don't know why. I googled banff and it is gorgeous. Its funny I am from Colorado so places klike Aspen, Steamboat Springs and Estes Park look a lot like the scenery there. When my husband and I went on our honeymoon the travel plans got way jacked up from the airline so they gave us two free tickets to use before july. We were going to trade them in for a portion of our Italy trip...

You know there is a whole industry built around photoshopping. Some photographers get too busy to process their own photos. I would never do this but a lot of them pay to have someone else do it for them. There used to be a girl who posted in the 20 somethings that did this exclusively for her career. Holly Hodson www.hollyhodson.com I believe also makes her living this way. She is very nice so if you were interested I bet she would let you pick her brain...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #86  
Queen Yo-yo

HWGA:
Thank you darling!!! I really appreciate that. I feel like I look a teensy bit crazed in that photo, hehehe...

Stephie:
Yeahhhh... I'm not from a super mountainous area, so I'm enamored with the scenery. Ontario is more or less... hilly, and we've got forests and lakes... but certainly not mountainous.

That's pretty great that you'll be able to turn those in towards your Italy trip!

..and thank you by the way. I fired off an e-mail right away to Holly, as a result of my blind fear and desperation with regards to whether I will, or will not wind up living on a street corner in a (well-decorated) box once I get my degree in Fine Arts next summer...

Jesus, I should get started on marrying rich....

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-22-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #87  

I think I hit a plateau I've been around 139 for weeks now (up .5 pounds today 139.5).. Grrrr's these are so rough to tough out!!! Gotta run!! ttyl later!
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Can I join in on the Canada-land gush? I love Canada!! I swear, the border guards probably know me by name. I am actually going to Ottawa a week from today for that skating event I was talking about before. I have been to a bunch of the provinces. Loved Vancouver and Victoria, Quebec City, Old Montreal, Toronto and Barrie, and Halifax. One of my goals in life is to get to all provinces, especially PEI, and to shop at the West Edmonton Mall

I just finished writing a report for one of my meetings tomorrow. I was going to try to knock off both reports due (I have a meeting tomorrow and a meeting on Friday), but I realized that I still have to finish testing the second girl. So, hopefully I can grab her tomorrow and get that last test done! She was not having a good day today, so I'm worried that she won't come into school tomorrow for whatever reason and then I'm screwed! haha Oh well, I'll make it through...I always do!

It's so cold and raw here today. It's been raining off and on all day, but it's still so dark and gloomy, so it just feels so much colder than it probably is. I changed the minute I got home into my gym pants and a sweatshirt. I have plans to hit up the gym tonight with a friend of mine, so I figured I would get ready early LOL Hope everyone's having a good Wednesday! The weekend is almost here!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Today has been another good day. I got up early and went to the gym (it seems morning is the only time I can get a workout in). Went for 60 minutes. I wanted to go for 90 but I didn’t get up that early. I actually was almost late for class because of being at the gym. Grabbed lunch with a co-worker and heard about the positive changes going on to my internship. It’s funny because as we were talking she said well none of the inters or work study students know this … except of course me because everyone tells me everything. Otherwise I’m just trying to catch up on all the homework I’m behind.

Leigh – I totally agree biggest loser makes me a sap too.

Meredith – It’s good to see you on the forum. Glade to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

Becca – I totally love mental health days. I think everyone needs them every once in awhile.

Jessica – Great job dropping down to 156! :CB: That is a really great picture of you and the boy.

Stephanie – I loved the ring shots they were my favorite. So creative. Good job trying new food. I always think it is funny when people think I’m a good cook, I don’t think I am but at least I’m willing to try.

HWGA – I don’t think it ever goes away. I still wake up sometimes and am in ah of how much smaller I am. Keep up the great work.

Bekko – Keep up the work you’ll break through the pleatue.

Chels – I use to go over to Canada when I turned 19 because the drinking age here was 21. That is what all the 19 year olds in MI do.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #90  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I think having weighed in at 152 lbs for the first time has made me a bit lazy. *kicks self* I had a piece of pie today, but I couldn't really refuse it (it was the "goodbye-pie" of one of my best friends who is going to move elsewhere). Even with that pie I'm way under 1600 calories so pah. And my vegetarian lasagna was delicious. Tomorrow is "let's bring my old matress to the dump without a car"-day so enough exercise there. And this week-end I have a camp with all the other members of my student's association. At least I will be going there by bike (40 kms) and that also means I have the possibility to cycle around there when I have arrived. I'll also try not to drink too much beer. (With the emphasis on "try"...)

Oh, and, um, I kind of have a date monday. I'm so excited and nervous. He's going to eat here, but he doesn't like a lot of things (like vegetables) so I still have to figure out what we're going to eat.

RHTS: Your exercise plan sounds great! 60 minutes... wow, I admire you.

Chele: The weather's so depressing around here too. A good time for a book and a cup of tea.

Bekko: Plateau-ing bah. You'll break through it soon!

Jelbb: What a great picture. You look so happy

HWGA: Wow, that is a great achievement! 2 feet! All reason to be proud and keep your cloud a little longer... it's not so often that we get those moments.

Stephie: So good that you went for a workout after all . And trying new foods is fun. If you find a good recipe, will you post it?
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote