Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #31  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

thank you everyone
i feel so much better after reading your comments. Because when she said that, i was thinking "is it just my imagination that i'm getting smaller o.0".
My doctor's family and my parent are quite close, but I am totally not close to them. AT ALL. So i don't know why she gives herself a right to talk to me like that :-/ Tch. I guess there's no other answer than what you all have said >"< Oh well.

Elwing: at least you still do exercises ^-^ Chocolate once in a while isn't too bad ^^

Bella: keep up that good spirit ^^ Ah, isn't nice weather always keep us motivated?

ghost: i'm so sorry you aren't feeling too good. Bloated is annoying i know And i always think "i want my weekend" when it's monday, so i don't think it's too early either :d

Welcome all new people in 3fc, and 20smthing. After few months lurking around here, i still fall behine this weekly chat thread *very* often >"< But don't worry keep on moving and we'll catch them someday, right
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #32  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

does anyone else have a place where for some mysterious reason they feel like eating everything in sight? I'm not talking about a restaurant but maybe work? somebody elses house? anything?

For me, it's my mother in law's house. It's positively insane but every time we go over there I don't bat an eyelash at reaching for a second helping or grabbing an extra scoop of ice cream. What is this!?!? It's at the point where we basically need to avoid her house at all costs.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #33  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

leighish - In answer to your question, absolutely The entire country of Italy. Pretty much everywhere i go here socially revolves around food. And it is considered RUDE not to eat! Trying to think of some alternatives, but am stuck so far. Weekends are the WORST!! Pizza and pasta galore, and it is too much for my self-control.

annita - I have been lurking too, but no more! I figure this is a great way to meet other people facing my problems, including my current lack of motivation to get off of the couch and move at all. That is a problem...

ghost - i live for weekends! On Sundays I always find myself wondering how long til the next one, and why can't we have a 3 day weekend and 4 day workweek...? What would be so bad about that?

Last edited by misstraveller; 10-20-2008 at 04:08 PM.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I love the activity on the tread!!!

Sorry I had posted my costume on another tread, vampire. Basically it was the only costume I could find that 1. fit me, 2. wasn't super slutty, and 3 didn't cover everything up. So I’m excited about it. I’ve been totally op on food all day which is good. One small step. But I have the worst headache, I don’t know why. And to make matters better my prof blew threw the chapter I didn’t finish last night and now I have to finish that chapter and read another. Plus I’m behind in another class. Blah how does this happen.

Beka – I believe personally part of my success is allowing myself the occasional treat and but not going overboard. Good job doing that! Congrats on the 5K

Jessica – I bought a little vampire dress. As I’ve said I’m nervous because it’s going to be the first time I’ve gone out for Halloween in years and I’m going out with my roommate and a bunch of law school friends so they’ve never seen me in things like my avatar picture or out at the club. And don’t stress you’ll get it all done. Nothing good comes out of stressing out.

Elwing – I don’t think you ever get over those sweet cravings. I get them all the time. The important thing is to resist. Here is how you spoil chocolate … take and it throw it in the trash and take the trash to the curb or dumpster.

Stephanie – Vampire
I hope the elliptical goes well.

HWGA – that’s a great complement!!!

Annita – That is annoying some people need to learn how to think before they talk.

Cali – Great job on the binge free weekend!!!!!

Bekko – Good job on avoiding the scale sometimes it can hinder your journey as much as help. Nope I’m not on a specific plan instead I just calorie count.

Bella – how do you make your veggie burgers? I always just buy them.

ChileanChick – Welcome to the tread. And it’s ok I’m a diet coke addict to

Yelee – 4 pounds good job!!!

Ghost – sorry no word from the boy …

Erika – Welcome to the forum.

Leigh – Wish I had some words of advice but I have a similar problem. If I go to someones house where food is out I want to eat it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bella- do you have a recipe for them? lol and yes it was a harmless day dream.... Maybe they'll be cute single ones there this Thursday. A girl can wish right?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I hope there are cute single ones there this time HWGA....and hopefully one of them has a friend in the Boston area for me LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
I hope there are cute single ones there this time HWGA....and hopefully one of them has a friend in the Boston area for me LOL
I'll keep my out for you! I've always been scared of the police, in the past I was always doing something wrong, but now that I'm not them fire men looking kinda nice..... either I'm losing it or I need me a man.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #38  
Get through today

Veggie burger I've been obsessing over lately:
(base ingredients for burgers I found online, somewhere...)
2/3 cup TVP
1-1/4 cup veggie broth
1 egg substitute
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
dash salt/pepper to taste

(my additions)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (to hold them together)
1 can black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
1 cup corn
2 cups peppers, diced

oil spritzes (for frying)

- Combine the TVP and veggie broth in bowl and let re-hydrate for 10-15 mins til liquid is absorbed, then drain if excess liquid left. Mix everything together in a large bowl, use your fingers since this is easiest. form into burgers, spray pan at med heat with a little oil, fry burger for 8 mins both sides (or until golden on each side).

The smell that comes from these while cooking, with the peppers, is AMAZING! and I have NEVER before cooked with peppers or onions ever before these burgers. I'm not even kidding, I was the pickiest eater ever.
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #39  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

Wow, this really goes fast... my english is not very good so i read kind of slowly and write even slower... well, i´ll try to keep up with you!

Here we go again: I love your signature! Great quote..
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #40  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hey girls! Monday blows big blowfish nuggets!

Hubby is gone to training for the week. He won't be home until late Friday night. I miss him already... Yeah, sometimes we disagree but I love that man more than my chocolate! j/k More than anything... we can't stand being apart!

I had a minor meltdown last week. I was contemplating giving up until my skinny jeans reminded me that my fat booty was sitting comfortably in them at that very moment. So, I decided to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for myself. I exercised and thought about my future goals. I still have this nagging feeling that I am going to screw this up. Like I will wake up tomorrow and be 317 again. *sigh* I guess it isn't possible but it still troubles me.

And to make matters worse, 264 again. Week 3. Oy, what is it going to take? I will cut off my pinky toe if needed. lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Erika17 Welcome!!!

Ghost I'm right there with you. Today is 1 week since me and the guy I was dating have talked.

HeatherMcG Just keep focus on your goals. You've made so much progress already! Besides, you need your toes for balance.

I'm off to the gym. Getting in a little elliptical time...
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #42  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Oh my gosh! This thread is gigantic already in one day! I will do my best to respond...

HERE WE GO AGAIN: I just noticed that you live in Sacramento, Ca...and so do I! small world huh?

LEIGHISH: I definitely get that way at my friend's house...I eat like EVERYTHING! At my boyfriend's house I get that way too

REMEMBER: I am so behind in my classes too! I have two chapter readings, a short essay, 10 article readings, and a 10 page paper due by Wednesday! And I haven't started yet! I am such a procrastinator!

HEATHERMCG: My skinny jeans are making me lose weight! I can't fit into them yet!

As for me, I started my new job today. It takes sooo long to get there on stupid public transit...I only work 4 hour shifts, but I am out of my house for 6 hours, so I have to bring lots of snacks. Thankfully I have some granola bars and trail mix. I walked to work instead of transferring to a second bus...so that was good exercise at least!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #43  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Jeez! As everyone keeps saying, this thread has gotten huge already! I'm impressed with all of our great conversational skills.

I don't have much to say about today, though I can definitely agree that Mondays are the worst. Bleh! Nothing particularly bad happened today, but I guess I just hate it when the weekend's over and the next one seems sooo far away, heh. Scalewise, though, I had some good news today! After a teensy spike in my weight yesterday, I was pleased to see that I had lost that and then some when I weighed in today. Yea! Hopefully I can change my ticker soon, too. I'm just 0.2 away from the next pound! Ha. And I'm really hoping that I get into the 200s by the end of the week... Or at least by Halloween... A very ambitious goal, yes, but can't a girl dream?
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #44  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Meredith, a girl CAN dream! I want to get to onederland so badly I can taste it...lol. By thanksgiving! come on!

leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

My goal is to be out of the 210's by Halloween and I am almost there!!! Then, onederland hopefully by New Years. We'll see....it's exciting to think about though!!! I sometimes can't believe that I actually have stuck this out as long as I have. And I am so close to 40 pounds total lost and with each new number lost, it just makes me want to work even harder to get more off. I love it
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote