weight loss..the seemingly impossible mission for me

• Hiya..anyone reading this im 21, live in london and have set myself a goal of 70 pounds to lose..or 10 inches from my waist. i dont currently own scales..they make me go crazy, i have access to scales like once a forthnight and i think it will help me to see them so rarely.
    Like many people i've started and restarted my mission of weightloss many times..i guess this time isn't really any different from any other that i felt REALLY motivated, apart from this time ...im cutting myself more slack. i was always too hard on myself, setting impossible goals and timescales. i think i'm more mature now and ready to do this right.

motivation is a really tough feat for me, most times i try to imagine myself fitting into the sizes i desire, clothes i wouldn't dream of touching now..and it works..until it starts to depress me that i cant wear them now
    i'm starting coach to 5k, and i'll keep it up if i like it but i really just need to get off my butt and get moving, running, dancing ..burn all those extra calories

I didn't want to post a buddy seach (out of fear of getting no responses lol) but i jump at the chance to gain an e-buddy..im also good at listening and give as good advice as i can muster....anyways I know can do this!! we all can do this..one ounce at a time

p.s. actually i just thought of a really good motivation, i want my bf to be able to pick me up without fear of doing him some damage
  • Hi Supergir!!!
    Welcome to the 20 Somethings Forum!
    You´ll find a lot of nice people and support here!

I read about your exercise plan, what´s your eating plan?
    Hope to hear from you..
  • hi! thanks for the reply well i dont really have one of yet, im just trying to cut down on..well everything from portion sizes to carbs, sugar..
    i figure when i hit a plateau from just the exercise and cutting down, i'll try find one right for me..at the moment the thought of a diet scares my body into thinking im about to starve it and i chicken out at the first hurdle/tummy rumble.
  • I really just need to throw out my scale and do it like you're doing it. I actually tried today and put it in outside with the trash but already put it back... ! haha! well, welcome and good luck! I really like the C25K. I should actually be doing week 3 day 3 now but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow.
  • i cant start until i get my mp3 player back from a friend. i've been trying to start jogging for ages but i've just moved to a new area and im all jiggly and stuff. but im totally up for trying now
  • Quote: hi! thanks for the reply well i dont really have one of yet, im just trying to cut down on..well everything from portion sizes to carbs, sugar..
    i figure when i hit a plateau from just the exercise and cutting down, i'll try find one right for me..at the moment the thought of a diet scares my body into thinking im about to starve it and i chicken out at the first hurdle/tummy rumble.
    thats how i started, just cutting out the crap and decreasing portion sizes slowly, and then i moved onto calorie counting when that stopped working. C25K is a really good way to kick start your plan
  • Thanks Iconised Ghost, thats really encouraging seeing how much you've lost. I think i need to put some pictures of some skinny chicks or something above my cooker though..because when im hungry and dishing out the portions...'small' is a very debatable thing i know i can eat smaller portions and still feel full..i just need to eat slower or ...gain some self control lol
  • small is a VERY debatable thing almonds are small. And yummy. And rather calorie rich for their size thats one of the reasons i switched to calorie counting, i thought i was eating small amounts but actually they werent that small the most helpful things for me were (a) if its not there you cant eat it (i.e. dont buy junk!) and (b) if its not on my plate i wont eat it (so dont stack your plate up and then try to just eat half, it was just waaay too hard for me). Self control is over rated, you need sneaky tricks
  • Hey! Welcome!
    Obvi the weight loss thing is so doable-- we have so many losers here!
    And eating less and moving more is the best best best way to lose weight IMHO-- it's how I lost all my weight at least!!
  • iconised ghost-thanks for the advice and tips, i think i may need to start counting calories..it has worked for me before, along with keeping a food diary i just kept thinking it was too much work looking up all the food especially when its like a home made recepie but not impossible i guess

shrinkingchica- i dont think i can keep gasping like this when i look at the weight some people here have lost, its very inspiring i think i should make a virtual model of myself at my goal like your profile pic..would feel awesome to actually be there, thanks for welcome
  • yer ive eaten less and moved more to get where i am today....