Your true weight??

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • To get your true weight do you weigh yourself at a specific time of day, with or with out shoes/clothes?? I am just curious if I am weighing myself right Thanks!
  • hmmm---my guess would be to weigh yourself at the same time each day--- without shoes
  • first thing in the morning AFTER using the restroom, usually wearing as little as possible
  • Doesn't matter how, just make sure you do it the same way each time. I get weighed in the morning after peeing and before eating. Once in awhile I take a peak later in the day and have seen it go up as much as 3 pounds.
  • So there is no right or wrong way as long as you do it the same way, same time every day right? Okay - I did mine at the end of the day before bed with all my clothes but no shoes.
  • As long as you are consistent with time and dress it doesn't matter when. I weigh in the morning after I pee, before I do anything else, with no clothes. Of course tomorrow I get weighed at the doctor's office after bath and probably some water with clothes on, so that will be rough...
  • Get up, pee, strip, weigh.
  • If you choose to weight yourself mid-day accounting for about the same amount of food and liquid in your stomach every day, that's fine, but remember caffeine can add a pound or two, so if you've had a latte on a specific day and weigh yourself, it may skew up.

I think morning is the best time; then you don't have to worry about whether that sandwich or that Diet Coke making the scale lie.

- Madelin
  • Every morning, right after waking up, after you pee, without clothes.
  • I weigh after I've gotten up in the morn and pee'd.. then weigh with no clothes on.. that's your true weight.
  • The lowest and most consistent numbers are after you wake up and go to the bathroom, without clothes. That's what I do.

Even so, you might experience a lot of daily fluctuation. A few pounds up or down is normal for me.
  • Early morning schedule... get up, pee, weigh myself (naked) and make oatmeal. Its so hard later in the day to make numbers consistent (eg the weight of your clothes, food/drink, etc)
  • wake, strip, pee, weigh, shower, coffee, go to work. My daily routine.
  • I weigh myself once a week usually on the same time after i use the bathroom in the morning .
  • Quote: Get up, pee, strip, weigh.
    I find this works best. No interference from clothing, what you ate that day, water weight, blah blah blah.