Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

Height: 5'3"

I guess I will start that tomorrow too then! Maybe it will give me an ego boost if I weigh less already just from changing the time of day LOL!
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Trust me it does :-)
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #18  

Height: 5 5

It's interesting that you all pretty much do it the same way, and at the same time. I only weigh myself once a week- and I have to do it at the end of my day because I don't keep a scale at my house and b/c of my work schedule can't hit the gym until almost 8 at night! I wonder if I'm getting an inaccurate reading.
greycella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I do the same thing as you all seem to do. I am curious though, if I get very little sleep I seem to weigh about 3-5 pounds MORE! Does that seem odd? I try not to weigh myself unless I get a good nights sleep.. lol.. Such a WI routine!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #20  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Get up, put the coffee on, strip, pee, weigh, dress, sip coffee, #2, weigh naked, rejoice.

haha.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelinRose View Post
but remember caffeine can add a pound or two, so if you've had a latte on a specific day and weigh yourself, it may skew up.
It's debated whether or not coffee should count as water intake, due to it's diuretic effect (whether it actually causes a net LOSS of water). But I've sure never heard that caffeine adds weight.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #22  
I love Werewolf Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
It's debated whether or not coffee should count as water intake, due to it's diuretic effect (whether it actually causes a net LOSS of water). But I've sure never heard that caffeine adds weight.
Neither have I... does anyone have an article that goes with this... i drink sooo much coffee.... and if true I would love to read about it.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

A few years ago, I decided to weigh at least twice a day for a couple months to understand my weight fluctuations. I wrote the weight down every morning (naked after potty, before breakfast) and every night before bed (naked after potty), and sometimes after meals.

It really made me understand how my weight fluctuates and desensitized me to the scale. It might not work for everyone, but I got over my fear/hatred of the scale this way (the scale is not my enemy, it's just a tool).

Now, I weigh daily in the morning and write it down, but I only "count" my Monday weigh-in as my "official" weight for the week.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I do the same thing as you all seem to do. I am curious though, if I get very little sleep I seem to weigh about 3-5 pounds MORE! Does that seem odd? I try not to weigh myself unless I get a good nights sleep.. lol.. Such a WI routine!

-Aimee
Stress hormones cause water retention. Plus when you're lying in bed, you get more blood to your kidneys (your legs are horizontal instead of vertical), which also favors making more pee.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #25  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

I get up in the morning and weigh myself after using the bathroom in my pj top and underwear. At the end of each month.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I usually weight myself a few times a day, in various stages of clothing and eating. Yeah, prob not the most healthy, but it's kinda fun to see how much weight I gain from the am to when I get home from work with 10 glasses of water and lunch in me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #27  
I love Werewolf Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
A few years ago, I decided to weigh at least twice a day for a couple months to understand my weight fluctuations. I wrote the weight down every morning (naked after potty, before breakfast) and every night before bed (naked after potty), and sometimes after meals.

It really made me understand how my weight fluctuates and desensitized me to the scale. It might not work for everyone, but I got over my fear/hatred of the scale this way (the scale is not my enemy, it's just a tool).

Now, I weigh daily in the morning and write it down, but I only "count" my Monday weigh-in as my "official" weight for the week.
See, this is exactly why I do it. I found myself, during my previous diet, losing my mind over what the scale said. Now, i just make it so that it doesn't even phase me. The small joys are when you step on the scale midday and it is your lower weight a few days before. I made it like a dorky little game.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 AM   #28  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i weigh in my underwear....
quater past 7 on the dot everyday....
after ive got up, and peed, and eaten breakfast....
mebbe i shud do it before i eat i duno....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

Okay I weighed this morning after peeing before eating or drinking and it said 155.8 lbs!!!! What an ego boost! I definately like this way better LOL!
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #30  
Workin' It

Yay kimberly!!

I weighed this morning in my normal pattern, got 122.0, thene got weighed at the doctors office an hour and a half later (during which I had nothing no water no nothing) and weighed 125.6 with clothes on...

I'm going to weigh again tomorrow morning to make myself feel better...

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 10-07-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote