Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #91  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Taylor- I totally feel your pain about not having any food. I was just looking around in my house and had to break down and eat the last yogurt and a can of peaches that I had left inthe cupboard....I do have some canned tuna still though...but other than that I think I am screwed!!
Ghost-I'm sorry about your boyfriend, I have been having troubles with mine also. We were supposed to be getting married but I think we are gonna not be together instead...of course we are living togther until may so we have to be nice!(the sad part is he is the only father figure in my sons life)
Anyways everyone today seems like a pretty good day for me. I lounged around in bed for hours this morning. Then I finally got up and hit the gym for 45 minutes and then ran back home to shower up and then ran back out the door again to meet my new childcare provider/babysitter. But all went well and we decided on 2.50 an hour for now since I am a single mom that has NO money!! I have to work in an hour*bummer* , but I need the money so hey right. Besides it's thursday which means that sunday is closer(my day off)!!! woohoo...lets just hope the scales next week bring me joy as well.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Taylor- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I wish I could say something wise, but I got nothing. Don't give up girl. We're here for you.

Ghost- I'm glad that y'all say standard too. I hope your BF learns pretty quick cus that's gotta hurt not to be trusted especially when you've been dealing with the toddlers.

So todays been so busy at work. I got another marriage proposal. It always makes me feel good, but is kinda weird. I talked to the mechanic about my car. They replaced the spark plug and wires for free on the 2nd cylnander. So if it's still messing up, it's a bigger problem. At least today it's free and I get it back today. It's been a good day.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #93  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

HWGA: Thats why I hate cars. You get a good one, and a couple months later it starts generating more bills for you. in the last year I've replaced a clutch, spark plugs, fuel and oil filters, the starter and after a summer of huge volcanic activity my grand total of air filters: 5! I also bought my truck new shoes (tires) for the winter. Oh, and a u-joint and had the bearring packed. So tired of vehicle related expenses. I wish we had public transport around here. even if it was expensive I think I would rather take a reliable bus then an unreliable truck.

I've had a lot of good fats today, and a little bit of bad carbs. I ate an entire avocado for lunch with 8 almonds and 1/2 a jalapeno cheese roll (the bad carb). I'm trying to shift my HDL/LDL ratio because my HDL is low, but my overall total cholesterol is okay.

Excercise plans include doing my dishes (yikes!) and strength training for today. Apparently doing dishes burns about 160 calories an hour...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Thanks for all of the great birthday wishes. I like the you are just celebrating 21 for the 4th time. I’m surprisingly more ok with turning 25 then most of my friends have been. I see it as a new chapter in my life, I’ve lost a ton of weight, I’m going to get my physical appearance corrected by getting the lower body lift which I think will give me more self confidence, I’m doing work that I love while in school, I’m almost done for school. Now I just need to find a job for after graduation and a man and I think I would have to say that my life would be exactly where I want it (but it is pretty damn close right now. ) I spent a lot of time this when I was out with my friends comparing my 21st to my 25th birthday and there was definitely a transition between the two. I unfortunately did not get to do much on my birthday, class until 3:30, donating blood, dinner with my sister and then I spent most of the night writing a paper. I’m going to go out and celebrate this weekend with my family.

My mom sent me a edible arrangement fruit basket rather then a cake for my birthday, she said I would appreciate it more. My sister on the other hand got me a petite cold stone cake, it is suppose to be for 1-2 people but I split into 4 servings.

Oh and on a great note I got my new drivers liscense yesterday ... I look like a compelete different person!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fellow libra!!!!

Sorry for no personals but I’m heading to bed . . .

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 10-09-2008 at 10:03 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- make sure that when you are buying, you're buying things that are "Bang for your buck" as it were.... My mom was DIRT POOR for a while in college, like really really bad. She used to buy eggs (lots of protein for a little money), bread (make sure you get a whole grain one!), and peanut butter (more protein, yeah some fats as well) to get her through the week. I'm really sorry you've gotta live like that, but as least you DO have food, right? Do you have anyone (dad, sisters, uncles, anything) who might let you raid their supply of canned goods? People always seem to have WAY more canned stuff than they need...and just some extra beans or something mihgt mike a big difference.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #96  
I will do this.

arts No, my dad is of the mind set "I did it in college and so must you"...I can see were it is building character but I have also packed on about 4 pounds of sodium. I am so damn bloated. Anyway - My dad isn't really going to help me and I have no gas to get to my brothers. I just feel so cheat - and this maybe a crappy thing to say but I know if my mom were alive there is no way she would let me live on so little. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, my boyfriends mom is getting back from vacation soon and Chris's (bf) moms pounds (english money) doubles in value here and she always sends us plenty so we should be outta the dark soon! Just gotta suck it up.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #97  

Happy Friday and it's payday too! And I have my car back. It's a good day.

Ghost- I have no right to complain after what you've been through. 5 air filters? Why? I'm glad my car is fixed and done for free since they messed it up in the first place. Grrr....

Taylor- It's got to be hard especially w/o your mom. My dad is a lot like yours, he did it on his own and he expects everyone else to do it too. The thing is my dad did get help at least that's what my mom's dad says, but I think my dad forgets that. Funny how the story changes as they get older.

I'm struggling with my eating. I've been around 1800 but sometimes I 'm just not hungry. I've been drinking more juice, I love Naked Green Machine. 140 cals for a cup, but it's so good. I'm sure I'm going through a phase, but at least I'm getting my cals in.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #98  
I will do this.

It is hard without my mom - but I know my dad has a point. I need to know the value of a dollar...but he is also expecting me to lose weight because he gave me the gift of a trainer..but it's almost impossible to lose weight right now living in the nutritionally void crap I have been eating.

BUT - Just because I am living on top ramen at the moment (and it is just momentarily) doesn't mean I have to eat 3. I also am going to stop putting the seasoning in it to cut back on the sodium and I do have a package of frozen broccoli so I am going to be adding that. I also have brown rice I can cook up with broccoli.

I will make this work for me. Nothing is going to stop me. I just have to stop feeling sorry for myself and be joyful for what I do have - because it's a lot more than some people.

remember It sounds like you had a great birthday! I have always wanted one of those edible arrangements - what a cute gift idea! Did your school okay the lower body lift?? If you need any advice you are more than welcome to ask me...I have had plastic surgery before...feel free to PM me!

herewego Hey, at least you are getting your calories in. Those drinks can't be too bad for you...I think they may have a lot of sugar but I am pretty sure it's all natural. And thanks for all your kind words. They really mean a lot to me.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #99  

Taylor- I totally understand parents trying to teach the value of a dollar. lol it sucks. I just learned the hard way when I was kicked out at 18, had to grow up real quick. When I have to eat Ramen noodles, I make it as a soup. I use twice the amount of water they tell you too, and don't dump out the water and put the packet in there. It makes it go farther and one feels me up. It also doesn't taste so salty and you have more water. Maybe that will work? I think the brown rice idea is good. One thing I use to do is do white rice with slpenda, I bet it would work with brown rice. Also, if you have eggs you can make Korean eggs. Which is put whatever you want in it basically but use a pan instead of a skillet, you put water in it and it makes a egg soup. I use lot of cayanne pepper and it's really good. Also, if you have canned soup, use 1/2 of what you normally use and serve it over rice. It fills you up quicker and makes the soup go twice as long. I use to be really poor so I have a few tricks. I love your outlook on this. You are only in this for a moment and something good can always come out of something bad. I'm so proud of you girl. You are amazing!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #100  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Taylor, check out the hillbilly housewife website, it has lots of budget friendly information. including very low budget shopping lists, and menues to follow the foods you can buy on the shopping lists. It even give calorie counts for the meals you can prepare on the menus.

HWGA: 5 air filters! we had serious volcanic activity here, three volcanos active for most of the summer, and the closest one was spewing ash every couple of days, massive amounts of ash. So, my air filters suffered. We actually had a few days were we were requested to wear face masks because the air quality was so poor. The ash had sulferic acid in it too so we had to wash our cars everyday, my paint job looks very dull.

So, its official. I am sick. I have lung butter, a sore throat, achy everywhere and my head is pounding. Yet, I still managed to make it to work. And my son is sick, but I still sent him to school. We are pretending we are not sick.

So, can someone reiterate to me why you should or shouldn't excercise when you are sick? I did cardio last night and its what really made me feel like poo poo.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #101  

Ghost- Um, I feel a little dumb that I had no idea that really happens in the US. I knew that there were active volcanos in the US, but not like that. Wow...

I say the Ostrich syndrome works for a while, just make sure that you listen to you body. I was sick last week and I took a day off exercising and I felt much better. I think it's different for everyone. I've heard that if you have a head cold or yucky lung stuff it's best not to do cardio... It's what I've heard, I'm not sure.

It's for sure Friday. I'm bored at work, but the day is half over.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #102  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Everyone!

The mouse is gone! He was in the trap this morning. I must give him props, he was a smart mouse! Listen to this: He hate the cheese off of 1 trap without setting it off, ate the peanut butter off of the traps after he set them both off, then last night when he was caught, he drug that trap about 2 feet under and behind a desk. Soooo creepy...... I hope he doesn't have any friends hiding. We are leaving the traps set for a little while longer.

So I had a good day at work today. The school had a field trips so me and the other girls were able to sit and put together a gazillion packets for parent night. But, we were laughing and listening to music so it wasn't much like work. I wish every Friday could be so enjoyable!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #103  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Alright everyone today is going pretty well. I had some oatmeal with raisins added this morning for breakfast and then I went to the gym and did some interval running and weights. Oh and guess what? It was like 80 2 days ago and now today it is SNOWING!!! I thought I got away frm all the snow....*sigh* hopefully it won't last long
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- glad to see there's help on the way for you guys. It's DEFINITELY a character-building experience (I grew up in house that was in that situation every once in a while), but it'll be good when it's over. The good news is that water is free, and you can continue to drink TONS AND TONS to get rid of that sodium bloat.

I'm feeling a little more back on track...it's been hard since I've been sick!!! I'm VERY glad for a long weekend and am looking forward to being able to get to the gym on Sunday!! I'm so excited!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
Taylor -- glad to see there's help on the way for you guys. It's DEFINITELY a character-building experience (I grew up in house that was in that situation every once in a while), but it'll be good when it's over. The good news is that water is free, and you can continue to drink TONS AND TONS to get rid of that sodium bloat.

I'm feeling a little more back on track...it's been hard since I've been sick!!! I'm VERY glad for a long weekend and am looking forward to being able to get to the gym on Sunday!! I'm so excited!
That reminds me of growing up. My mom used to make these soups. They were always so good but she use to call them, "Momma aint got paid yet soup" or "Sweep the Kitchen soups" it taught me that you can make something good out of nothing add a little water, anything canned, and lots of seasoning.