3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Can't fight the hunger! HELP. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/153313-cant-fight-hunger-help.html)

luvja 10-05-2008 05:01 PM

Can't fight the hunger! HELP.

Does anyone ever have days where you are just HUNGRY all the time? even after you eat? Or am I a weirdo?. Today I've been hungry all day and I don't know why.... am I lacking something? I just ate a good dinner 30 mins ago and I am starving right now. Doesn't make much sense to me. I don't have these days often, but I have had them before.

Here we go again 10-05-2008 05:04 PM

I had a night like that the other day. I just kept grabbing baby carrots. When that didn't satisfy I got some Romaine lettuce with hummus. I also had to go exercise even though I already had. I had to do something to get my mind off food. Maybe that's all it is. Is it TOM? Sometimes that happens to be during TOM.

yoyoma 10-05-2008 05:10 PM

I don't know why, but some days I am ravenous and other days I have to push to eat enough.

Today is a hungry day for me too, and I've been stuffing myself with veggies and tea in order to fill the empty tummy, along with a few very limited hi-cal foods for satiety (i.e. 100 cals of almonds, salmon, etc). I am already nearing my calorie limit and it isn't dinner time yet :( .

Maybe I'll go for a walk then go to bed early!

luvja 10-05-2008 05:11 PM

nope, not TOM. I did go for a 30 min walk this morning because I slacked off on my walking this week due to cold rainy weather, maybe that could possibly have something to do with it? Speeding my metobolism up or something? I think I'm gonna go try to fill up on fruits and veggies and water... oh yes, water.. I haven't been drinking the stuff. I HATE water!, drinking it is torture to me. Only now, because it's freezing outside, in the summer I had no problems drinking it. Grrrrrr.

beaka 10-05-2008 05:35 PM

This might be random, but do you take a multivitamin? I take a women's one-a-day (the wal-mart brand). It might help if your body is signaling that it's missing something.

luvja 10-05-2008 05:43 PM

Hmmm. No I don't, but maybe I should look into it.

kelly315 10-05-2008 05:43 PM

I have those days when I'm not busy enough. Lean protein and lots of fiber can help a lot!

luvja 10-05-2008 05:45 PM

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. :)

Mango683 10-05-2008 05:58 PM

YESTERDAY was my day. My parents had a clambake, so I was surrounded my food all day. It was like someone replaced my mind because ALL I did was eat.. I was never full and it wasn't until about 10 p.m. that I started to feel sick because of it. I can't get over how much I ate. Today it was back OP for sure, and I don't even have that much of an appetite, so that helps. Every now and again, I too get like the incredible hulk and can't stop, but the difference now is I recognize it and nip it in the bud so it's not a DAILY thing anymore. I've come WAYYYYY too far!

aprilcp12344 10-05-2008 06:04 PM

I have that right now... no clue why though. It just happens. Hopefully we both make it through it intact... lol.

ChileanChick 10-05-2008 10:43 PM

It happens to me when I´m bored.. it´s strange bcause most people are "social eaters" and loose control in reunions, bdays, etc. Well, I´m the complete opposite, in those ocassions I´m busy so I´m not hungry, but when I´m bored (for example a Sunday cof cof) I get really hungry, I count the seconds till my next meal.
Were you specially bored today? Maybe it´s that...

iriswhispers 10-05-2008 10:59 PM

If i think about food I get hungry... it has to be in my head. When I'm really busy, no problem, but as soon as I have time to contemplate - or smell something - or whatever, i feel hungry.

Iconised Ghost 10-05-2008 10:59 PM

it happens to me every so often. I just want to eat everything in the house, including the wallpaper. Im not really sure why it happens, just know that you're not nuts :D or that we're all nuts

luvja 10-05-2008 11:10 PM

No I wasn't really bored today, work kept me busy...(I work from home). but after I posted this, I went out for coffee to Tim Hortons with a friend. I had a large, with 2 creams 1 sweetner. That seemed to help with my hunger pains actually.

Susie Derkins 10-05-2008 11:27 PM

I have days where I'm voracious and can't get my hands on enough food! I've found it either seems to have something to do with hormones, or it happens when I haven't been getting enough protein in my diet. For what it's worth, I find it helps to add extra veggies at every meal - it seems to trick my body into thinking it's full.;)