Work out Schedule help!

• Hey guys! I'm having a problem...

I am SO busy! How the heck can I find time to start working out? I work two jobs (not on a set schedule) AND have school. A typical day for me: job #1 from 9-2, then job #2 from 4 or 5-10 something. AND I have classes Tues and Thurs...I'm pretty much working 6-7 days a week. I can't imagine getting up at 6am to workout after getting home past 10 the night before and not getting to sleep till almost midnight! Any advice??

Also, my eating habits are pretty great right now, so I'm doing ok in that area. It's just the physical stuff I don't know what to do with!
  • You've got that 2 hour break in the middle of the day, try to squeeze in about 30mins of cardio/yoga/pilates, whatever you prefer? You don't have to go to the gym to do it, you can workout at home right before you get ready for job # 2
  • Keep your eating habits on track and try and sneak in some bodyweight exercises when you have time (squats, lunges, push-ups, crunches, reverse crunches, etc.) and maybe just a brisk walk/jog depending on your fitness level.
  • I hate to say it but what do you think we all do. If you want to work out get up in the morning and do it. Most of us leave for work early, early in the morning, get home at dinner- make dinner, take the kids to sports, make lunches for the next day etc. I often don't get to bed until 11:30-12 pm. Sometimes I get up at 5:20 work out and get home at 7 am to drive my son to school for soccer at 7:15am. Then go to work. Most days 6:30 am, done by 7:30 and off to work. It has to be important enough for you. If it isn't you won't do it. I find it gives me more energy in the morning, and I feel really good about myself that it is done for the day- I don't have to worry about fitting it in. Trust me even when you are done school, working one job it doesn't get any easier.
  • Working out doesn't have to be as complex as going to the gym every day. Do you like to jog/run? Chart out a simple course about .5 to 1 mile long, jog or run it when you find yourself with a spare half hour. Do push ups and/or situps and/or lunges, or something similar before bed, or when you get up.
  • i have classes at 8.30 in the morning, i don't wake up until 7AM, but right after i wake up, i put on my workout clothes, turn on DVD and do exercises. It's only 7.30AM after i'm done. There's 1hour to get ready to school. That's not plenty time, but it's enough to get my day going.
    I usually go home at 10PM (although i'm trying to go home earlier now), as in morning, rest for 15 minutes and put my work out clothes on. Doing 20 minutes workout, then done. So actually i can manage 2 times exercises.
    If you don't have much time, you don't need to workout for 1hour. Squeeze something 20-30 minutes everyday and they count too.
    Good luck.
  • Thanks ya'll! I appreciate the advice, and I'm interested in doing stuff at home. Do you have any workout DVD recommendations?

Annita, I think it's a great idea to break up workouts during the day! I didn't even think of that actually. It doesn't seem as bad as trying to cram it all into one session, and getting up a half hour earlier wouldn't hurt.
  • There´s a thread about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD, I don´t have it, but after reading the posts I totally want it, and the good part, it´s only 20 mins/day!
    Yey!
  • Also, with all that running around, maybe you can just begin by building in a lot of walking, and stairs if possible, into your day.