Old 01-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1  
Tracey D

S/C/G: 146/138/115 or less

Height: 5'2"

Default Gym time!

So I have been wogging (walk/jogging) the last few weeks, but tonight I am starting my gym regime.

I have decided that I want to get excited about going to the gym, so I want to do exercises that I enjoy and that would be the ellitpical!

I dont put it on the lowest setting and try to get off the easy way, I enjoy doing the different programs on it like hill climb. etc. So for the next few months I will be sticking to this and if I decided to add in strength training a little later on than thats great.

I always seem to beat myself up over not doing strength training but honestly at this point why do something I dont want to do? At least I am moving right??
doyschert87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Exactly! It's like me and the treadmill...I advoid that d-bag like the plague because I hate it! Even when I'm on it all I think about is...is it done yet? have I done 30 minutes...is this over with OMG SOMEONE KILL MEEEEE!!!!! Now tell me to go jog outside that's a different story I enjoy it. lol

Don't do things you hate, thats what makes us quit I believe because it's dreadful...who wants to do something dreadful? So I think you're going with the right mentality as long as I'm moving I'm doing great! Keep it up!

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 01-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

I agree. I don't lift weights, because I hate lifting weights, and I really don't want to put myself in a position where I dread exercising. Instead I run, which I enjoy, and do bodyweight exercises, which are aggravating but I still look forward to just because I like to see the new things I can do (ie, two weeks ago, I couldn't do a single girl push-up and now I can). I firmly believe that the only way to have a successful exercise program is to find something you enjoy, be it walking, dancing, kickboxing, or powerlifting.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #4  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

I agree but then I disagree as well. You should go to the gym and be excited about it. But you also should incoropate strength trainnig. The reason behind that is, when you use your muslces when you lift weights, you burn more caloires longer. When you are doing cardio, you lose those caloires right then. When you strength train you keep burning them even when you arn't at the gym anymore.
Not to mention that muscle burns fat. If you are looking to burn fat you need to use those muscles girl!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote