Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #1  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Default Stress....Ugh

I didn't realize how stressed school is making me until today. I am trying to get my test anxiety under control so I can do well tomorrow night on my tax test. I have a major group project that is due Thursday, that quite frankly is not even 25% done yet. My birthday is Tuesday and its looking just be another day, and one longer than normal dealing with school. I just pray I don't eat myself silly and gain weight instead of losing it this week. Eating is my default response to stress. I am going to try and fit in a workout after my exam and see how that goes.

Luckily, my cat has no stress right now and has decided that sleeping on my desk and using my arm as a pillow is the best idea in the world. Silly kitty.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

aw cats are so good for stress relief, they just have their priorities right- 1. Sleep, 2. Food, 3. Warmth, 4. Everything else I know how you feel baout school stress, im in the middle of studying for exams and motivation is pretty minimal. Eating is also my default to stress, its so hard! I wish i had some tips but i dont really, just know that you arent alone in this
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I've been feeling really overwhelmed with school for the first time since I was probably a sophomore. I'm taking my classes 100% more seriously because I HAVE TO pass them in order to graduate in 7 weeks. Not that I failed ever before but it wasn't like I couldn't, there'd always be another semester. I've finally.. after half of the semester and most of my hair was gone, figured out a way to manage everything. If I just write it all down, like a checklist, in the order its due and break my projects down into smaller steps, I get a lot more done. For instance: My 12 page paper and my cases in finance presentations as well as an intermediate accounting exam were all in one week so I would write 2 pages a day, study for an hour and write 3-5 powerpoint slides. I felt a lot less stressed when I knew I could tackle everything one step at a time. I don't know if that'll help you but its helped me so much, and my hair! I've always been able to coast through so this was all pretty new to me. Good luck on your tax test and hope you have a great birthday, aside from all the stress!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Urgh...

I totally understand. I'm working on my Thesis and taking six classes. I've been a little stressed out (i'm a chem major) but since I don't have a real job it hasn't been so bad.

My current occupation is being a nanny for my friends newborn, and another friends toddler so they help with the aggravation. I just go play with them and sing songs, read books, and crash micro machines.

Of course my husband is absolutely trying his hardest to get me agree to get pregnant when he gets home, which is stressful in and of itself because I am NOT having kids, despite whatever whacko red alert his biological clock is on. The rest of the family isn't helping either. I don't know where they got this ludicrous impression that i'm going to actually go through the gestation and birthing process -- First and foremost, I am not pushing ANYTHING the size of a cantaloupe out of my vagina. I'm not. I don't care what anyone thinks about that, I refuse. I don't believe that full gestation in a test tube is possible, so I certainly hope that since his bio clock is urging him so strongly that it will get him on a plane to North Africa so we can adopt a beautiful child and he can feel fulfilled as a father... in like 10 years.

I like babies, and I like kids. I honestly do. But I like them because they go *home* at 5. I don't understand this obsession to have a mini-me or to be pregnant. Where is the effing fire?

I'm going to continue to dodge the questions and give cheeky answers as long as I can, but at what point do you just start screaming at people? RESPEK' MAH AUTHORITAH!!! NO BABIES!!! NEVER!!!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Update:

Test went pretty well. Still stressed but better now that, that is over with.

I did a good thing with my stress afterward, I went and did a workout. I think its the best one I did in awhile. My abs and legs are probably going to be quite sore tomorrow. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and for 6 of those minutes I JOGGED!!! I did in 2 minute sections and take a break for 3-4 minutes between and by the end of the 30 minutes I was plum wore out. Then when I got home I had a healthy dinner. 1 whole sliced tomato, with ff cottage cheese and a can of progresso light soup, ww pts is like 1 or 2 and water to drink. Yay!!! I feel healthy tonight.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #6  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I can totally relate to this. I was student teaching last year and felt completely overwhelmed. I know there is little time to take for yourself. However, how about a good workout, a hot shower, and 1 hour of time for something relaxing for you. No homework, work, or duties. Read a book, surf the net, catch up with friends, *gulp* go shopping? Or go to bed an hour early. Just relax. And cheer up!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
Update:

Test went pretty well. Still stressed but better now that, that is over with.

I did a good thing with my stress afterward, I went and did a workout. I think its the best one I did in awhile. My abs and legs are probably going to be quite sore tomorrow. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and for 6 of those minutes I JOGGED!!! I did in 2 minute sections and take a break for 3-4 minutes between and by the end of the 30 minutes I was plum wore out. Then when I got home I had a healthy dinner. 1 whole sliced tomato, with ff cottage cheese and a can of progresso light soup, ww pts is like 1 or 2 and water to drink. Yay!!! I feel healthy tonight.

Yay! Let us know how you scored, maybe you can pass some of that good grade mojo to me. I am slowly coming to the realization that I have absolutely no idea how to do this theoretical mathematics crap. I could draw a picture of a unicorn on this stupid graph with plotted points and it would make about as much sense as anything else i've done so far.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss calculus...
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #8  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
Yay! Let us know how you scored, maybe you can pass some of that good grade mojo to me. I am slowly coming to the realization that I have absolutely no idea how to do this theoretical mathematics crap. I could draw a picture of a unicorn on this stupid graph with plotted points and it would make about as much sense as anything else i've done so far.

I never thought I would say this, but I miss calculus...

I feel for ya, if its anything beyond what a simple calculator can do I am lost. I add, subtract, multiply, and divide thats all I need to do for my profession. Thank the lord because if I needed anymore brain cells I'd be SOL.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Bee20nine, happy birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
I am slowly coming to the realization that I have absolutely no idea how to do this theoretical mathematics crap. I could draw a picture of a unicorn on this stupid graph with plotted points and it would make about as much sense as anything else i've done so far.
I don't know how you guys do it... anything with "theoretical" in the name frightens me, lol. There are professors in my department who do "theoretical biophysics" and just the titles of their research projects confuse me. Also, about the unicorns... I knew a kid in high school who wrote an essay about chocolate pudding on his AP History exam... but that's because he had already found out his college wouldn't take the credits. BTW, my husband and I have started spreading the news that we have no desire to create our own human, and we're adopting from Africa (in 5 years or so)... and no one even believes us!!! I can't imagine if I had everyone AND my husband to contend with.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote