Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #76  

Height: 5'6.5

Jelbb - YOU CRACK ME UP! Seriously! I think I would come to Canada just to get some laughs! Great motivation speech!!! Wisconsin is a state the shares its borders with Canada, yes. haha! Now that I think about it, I'm actually surprised that I've never been to Canada...just never had a reason to I guess. (Luna is the one on the left in her pic)

Welcome back Kim! My husband just won a Wii and I'm also considering getting the "fit" program... at least put in on the Christmas list if I don't buy it myself. Just the regular games on there were a good little workout. Tennis and the boxing anyways!

Great job Scorpio! I can't believe how many people have a Wii?!!?!? And you can weigh yourself with it? Oh geez...I need to get this program!

So for myself I saw 160.2 on the scale this morning, which I REALLY needed because I've been feeling pretty unsuccessful with this weight loss deal. Yesterday I did REALLY good with food...stuck under 25 points anyways. I also completed week 4 day 2 on the C25K. I almost quit a couple of times but I stuck it out! I started out the first 5 min walk at 3.1 and the running at 5.1. I pushed it up to 6MPH a couple times and even ended up running 2 more minutes at my final run at 6MPH just to see if I could do it! And I did it! Then I walk at 3.4/3.6 with a hand weight doing arm curls and tri curls. To end it I jump the incline up to 10 for as long as I can handle it. My treadmill is always at a 1.5 incline, which my husband HATES, but I don't really notice it anymore. Ended up spending 50 min total on the treadmill so I was pretty darn proud of myself. I think I MAY have experienced that whole endorphin thing with that additional two min run following the 5 min required part at 6MPH. Two weeks ago I NEVER would have even attempted it. Is that what people mean when they talking about endorphins?
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #77  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Jamie:
Look at you darling! You're so close to being under 160!!!! Congrats on the light weigh-in, that's so exciting for you!

Also, KUDOS for the 1.5 incline. I've heard that if you don't have it on an incline at all, that a treadmill makes it easier for you to run than just running outside... so to keep the benefits on par, you have to have at least a bit of an incline, so that's fantastic! Your hubby will just have to deal with the fact that it's making him healthier.

Also, well done with all of your exercise successes! ...would you believe that since I started this new attempt at weight loss, I haven't been to the gym once? I know, Luna, my pep talk is full of hypocrisy. ALTHOUGH, I have been skipping the bus and walking the 20 minutes to and from campus every day, so I'm not totally sitting on my bottom.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna boogie off to campus now. I've got another midterm to fail today. *snuffles sadly*
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #78  

Good luck on the midterm!

I really dislike going to the gym, although I have free access to one here on the military post, but I still don't go there. I am always so uncomfortable and NEVER try to push myself when I do go. There are just so many more guys then girls and I feel like they are always looking at the girls there. So I'm glad I could afford the treadmill in my basement. I usually, actually always, end up in just my sports bra and shorts by the end! hehe
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #79  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Haha, yeah, I'm the same way at the gym usually. I get really self conscious, which is why I adoooore my gym... it's called "Exclusively Women's" and guess what... it's exclusively for women.

And.. oh dear, I need luck. I should be studying right now, not browsing the forums. Gonna go do that, lol!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

Haha thanks for that awesome speech!! I do feel motivated now! And as Jamie already told you, I'm the one in the blue shirt

Unfortunately I have to run off to class and didn't have time to post earlier today so this is gonna be really short but I'll come back soon with updates and personals

Hope everyone's having a fantastic friday!
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 141/141/120

Height: 5'2

Hi! I've just started posting today. Put some intros out there, but I am also looking for a weight loss buddy. I figure the more I can motivate someone and the more I can be motivated by others, the better success I'll have!

I'm 27 years old, weigh 141 give or take 1-3 lbs on any given day...I'm 5'2. My goal is to lose at least 1 lb a week beginning Monday, Oct. 20, to reach a goal of at least 120 by 2/14/09.

Feel free to send me a private msg or try me on yahoo, if you'd like.
sweetums4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I hate scales. I didn't get a chance to check my wii fit, but I have two other scales at home and they give me an EIGHT POUND difference. I go with the higher one. I lost five pounds of water weight over night apparently. I can't believe it. I hate scales so much and am happy I don;t have one at school. Going to soldier on with exercise this week, I am going to try an hour three days this week.

Good job ladies! Keep it up!
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #83  

Pretty frustrated here this morning. Had drill this weekend and as always, it puts me way off my weight loss goals. There was a lot of physical stuff going on but there is always too much BAD food around too. I completed week 4 day 3 of the C25K but the scale was also up this morning to 163. I'm hoping it is water weight from the beers I had Sat night...
Old 10-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

Height: 5'3"

Jaime, I worked out with the Wii Fit twice already and I am totally in LOVE It is such an awesome program and I am actually having FUN doing it!!!! I think I could do this everyday! If you have the money, I would STRONGLY suggest getting it!

Let me tell you, you can not cheat on the Yoga section of it! It measures your center of balance so you have to do the pose correctly and it BURNS! I am so sore - but in a good way because I know that I did the workouts correctly this time! I love this program so much!!!!
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #85  

Thanks Kim! I might have to get it. If not, it's on my Christmas list!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #86  

I love my Wii Fit too! The Wii is my brother's though, so I can't take it to school. Definitely will be using it come winter break!

Today I walked on the treadmill for an hour while reading for school. Obviously it wasn't a tough workout, but i broke a sweat and people came in after me and left before me which is a good feeling. I did a 1.0 incline. 1.5 at first but my shins felt funny so I went down to 1.0. I also ran for 5 minutes of that hour, after I finished reading.

Stay strong ladies!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #87  

Great job scorpio! Whrere is everyone else???

Completed week 5 day 1 yesterday. Thought I just might die...but I made it! I'm pretty confident on day 2 but day 3 is running straight for 20 mins. I know I'm not ready for that yet so I may have to do week 5 day 2 a couple of times! AND, I avoided the scale this morning. WHICH IS CRAZY because that is usually the first thing I run for in the morning. I'm going to attempt to wait until Thursday morning to weigh in...but well see!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 176/150/115

Height: 5'3"

Okay, been working out for 1 hour everyday on the Wii and I am now down to 150lbs!!!!! I quit the diet - I can't keep track of all those calories, but I seem to be losing fine just eating healthy and exercising! I am soooo happy!!!
kimberlyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #89  

W T G Kim!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #90  

So...I think I have acid reflux...and my 22nd birthday was yesterday so i think this is a sign that I'm getting older and have to watch what I eat even more carefully. My weight barely budged from last weekend and I worked out a good couple times. Hmm...I don't quite understand, perhaps it's muscle starting to build up. I honestly feel healthier though and I swear I look slightly more slim. I'm going to keep it up anyway...