3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   When are you the hungriest? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152300-when-you-hungriest.html)

Here we go again 09-24-2008 11:22 AM

When are you the hungriest?

I'm curious. I've noticed with me that I'm the most in the morning or mid morning.

I usually do Breakfast at 6:45, snack 8:15, snack 10, maybe another snack at 11:30 and then lunch at 12:30 or 1, snack around 3:30 or 4, dinner 6:30 and then I'm good for the rest of the night maybe a snack around 8:30 but very light.

I wonder why I'm so hungry in the morning. It's fine with me, I'd rather be hungry in the morning than evening.

What about you?

Star2Be 09-24-2008 11:57 AM

I think I get the most hungry right before I have my dinner, and then a couple hours after dinner. I'm really bad at keeping up with having snacks to keep my metabolism up all day; I really just kinda have the three main meals and random snacks on days where I feel like I need one. Thus when I get around to dinner it's usually been 3-4 hours since the last time I ate anything (sometimes 5 hours, heh) and I usually feel like inhaling my entire kitchen by that point, lol. But I never want to have dinner toooo early because I don't want to get the after-dinner hunger too early, either, LOL. A couple hours or so after I have dinner, I always get really bad mouth-hunger--I know I'm not actually hungry because I just had dinner, but I just feel like eating/tasting something (usually something sweet). I think it's because I usually stay up pretty late after dinner, so I have enough time to digest it and be ready for more! Lol. But I'm usually pretty good at cutting myself off after dinner, or if I have anything it's just a piece of fruit or something, so I don't feel too guilty.

I've found that the earlier I eat, the hungrier I am all day. I'm sure it has something to do with jump-starting your metabolism and such, which is good but also sooo frustrating when I feel like I'm never full! Lol. So I always have breakfast but I wait until 10 or so. I'm not usually hungry right when I wake up, but a few hours later I get the tummy gurgles, and that's when I know it's time for breakfast! :D If I could do the "6 small meals" thing, though, I think I would. It just doesn't fit into my schedule (especially when I go back to school, I'll be lucky if I can even make myself have breakfast every day! :p).

caligirl98 09-24-2008 11:59 AM

monday, wedenesday and every other friday, breakfast at 5, snack at 10, lunch at 1:30 and dinner maybe around 9pm...I'm always super hungry at like 9am and 11am on these days. Tues and Thur, breakfast is 7, lunch at 1:30 and dinner maybe around 8pm and I don't usually feel starving on these days. I'm very used to skipping meals...I need to learn how to snack during the day. I only had 1400 cals yesterday because I didn't snack.

sh3l5 09-24-2008 12:00 PM

im hungriest right after my workout....
hence the way i schedule it to finish bout 5 or ten mins before my tea...

breakfast 6.45am....
orange 10am....
yoghurt 1am....
tea 5pm....

i try not to snack in the evening but if i do its something little....
if its after 8pm i just go without and crave breakfast the following morning....

Star2Be 09-24-2008 12:13 PM

^ Don't mean to pry, but is that all you eat all day? That doesn't sound like very much! :?:

mamaspank 09-24-2008 12:16 PM

I am always the most hungry at dinner. I could go all morning and afternoon without a morsel -- I have only done this a handful of times saving my points for an explosively awesome meal, but I easily could do this every day. I have toast in the morning and snack on fruit all day and have a very small light lunch. At dinner is where I usually fit in all my vegis -- a huge bowl -- and I will eat something dense. I think this is because I usually go for a run before dinner.

junebug41 09-24-2008 12:19 PM

11 a.m. and 4 p.m. I dunno why :shrug: Therefor I'm prone to early lunches and dinners :)

Kelbrina 09-24-2008 12:32 PM

Well, aside from always being hungry - yikes! I'm usually hungriest after work/school. I usually have class from about 10 until 5 with some worked mixed in, so I am STARVING when I get home! Snacking is hard with straight class/work. Ugh.

LandonsBaby 09-24-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh3l5 (Post 2377211)
im hungriest right after my workout....
hence the way i schedule it to finish bout 5 or ten mins before my tea...

breakfast 6.45am....
orange 10am....
yoghurt 1am....
tea 5pm....

i try not to snack in the evening but if i do its something little....
if its after 8pm i just go without and crave breakfast the following morning....

If that really is all you eat, it's no wonder you can't go to the bathroom.

Fat Pants 09-24-2008 01:42 PM

Seems for me to be anywhere between 9 a.m. until I eat lunch at 11 a.m. I eat breakfast at 6 a.m. so I've started incorporating a snack around 9:30 because I'm just so starving. After lunch I'm usually pretty good the rest of the day, but being really hungry and having bagels or donuts at your disposal likeI do is not a good idea!

ghost 09-24-2008 01:57 PM

I'm usually hungriest around noon and I don't get a lunch break until 1 usually. I have a liquid breakfast, my morning latte, which is super caloric, its a bad habit I just can't break. I snack sometimes in the mid morning if I bring a healthy snack to work with me, but I've found that having a morning snack actually makes me feel hungrier before I get my lunch break. Weird huh?

NishKitten 09-24-2008 02:00 PM

Lunch!!!

I'm never hungry for breakfast, never hungry for dinner. But lunch time is my thing.

I don't know why.

LadyPhoenix 09-24-2008 03:29 PM

I'm usually hungriest between 3:00-5:00 because that's because my favorite shows are on then and I'm used to eating while I watch those shows. So I don't overeat, I have a prepackaged snack so I can control how much I eat.

belinda245 09-24-2008 03:35 PM

I am usually the hungriest around 6- 8 pm.. which is usually after my 60 min walk on the treadmill.

luvja 09-24-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star2Be (Post 2377245)
^ Don't mean to pry, but is that all you eat all day? That doesn't sound like very much! :?:

In the UK I think they call Supper, "Tea". I remember my english neighbour said "It's tea time" and I was like WTF? No, I don't want tea, I wan't dinner, it's 5pm! She's like yeah, same thing...
I was so confused. Lol.

Anywho, I find I'm most hungry at night.... I don't snack much during the day. I eat 3 meals a day, then usually a snack at night.