3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Ugh! I feel so gross! Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/152248-ugh-i-feel-so-gross-help.html)

stacylambert 09-23-2008 08:14 PM

Ugh! I feel so gross! Help!

While I've been at this whole thing for years now, I've been "on track" for about 6 weeks. Eating good, exercising almost daily, etc. Anyway I decorate cakes as a hobby and decided to make one yesterday. The plan was my husband and I were each going to have one piece during football last night and throw the rest away. Bad choice! Especially since it was first day of TOM. Needless to say I ate a ridiculous amount of cake yesterday AND today and I feel gross and miserable and sad :( While rationally I know it's not true, I feel like all my hard work was a waste.

I just want to make sure I can get over this and get back on track. Thanks for listening everyone :hug:

Shannon1983 09-23-2008 08:47 PM

Listening is what we are all here for..

If you think you can do something you can so start tomorrow FRESH and NEW and make sure you stay on track. DOnt think that you blew these past 6 weeks because you had one screw up. Even a whole cake is not going to put that much of a dent in your past 6 weeks of hard work. Forget the cake happen and go on as if it didnt and you will be fine. I have found the more you dwell on what you did wrong the more you tend to go back and do it again.

Congrats on getting back on track and Good Luck!!

yesitsmeagain 09-23-2008 10:21 PM

I TOTALLY know how you feel! I love baking and decorating cakes but I can't controll myself around them! Never mind all that delicious cake batter...sigh. I've resigned myself to baking once a month, at the most.

Blcarter84 09-23-2008 11:02 PM

Yeah, I am not a huge cake fan, but ice cream thats another story. Anyways my boyfriends son wanted to make some cookies for him today (chocolate chip of course) so i did and I've had 2. Which isn't so terible considering I can't remember the last time I actually ate a cookie and I worked out hard today. But I dont' want this to be a regular thing for me. Gotta knock off a lot more weight first!

sh3l5 09-24-2008 02:11 AM

yesterday was a different day....
get back on track today ul soon feel better....

gtech2mit10 09-24-2008 03:01 AM

I've fallen off the wagon a billion times in the last 6 weeks, don't have a fast metabolism by any stretch, and have still managed to lose quite a bit of weight.
Don't get down on yourself, you are doing AMAZINGLY WELL and any upward bump in the scale will probably be short-lived.

LadyPhoenix 09-24-2008 09:29 AM

I think it's great that you were even brave enough to share that! Think of the new day as a clean slate (and a clean plate!). Focus on the new day and the thoughts of yesterday will start to fade. All of your hardwork isn't meaningless because you made one slip. Just focus on one day at a time and you'll be fine :-)

stacylambert 09-24-2008 12:05 PM

Thanks ladies!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and got in a solid 90 minutes of exercise and had a good breakfast. Needless to say I'm feeling much better! I'm not even going to get weighed since I know I'd be up anyway from TOM. I'll just wait until next week so there should be no harm done by then. :)

grinnyface 09-24-2008 10:34 PM

You know what's kewl? That eating that much cake made you feel gross. Cause you are so aware of what's right and wrong and that makes you a powerful reminder for yourself. You know what its like to be proud and feel great when you're on track...it'll be no prob to get back to it! Gung Ho girl! You can do it.