Romaine Lettuce the new chip

• I just have to tell you that instead of chips or crackers I've been using Romain lettuce to eat hummus or salsa. I love it! I've been doing it for a couple of months. I serve it at parties and its quickly becoming a huge hit. I thought I would share it with everyone!

6 leaves of romaine is only 15 cals compared to chips which are not.
  • That's excellent.
    Not only is it fewer calories but it's higher in minerals and fiber!
  • What a great idea. I wish I could eat lettuce. It makes me very sick.
  • I just ate some romaine lettuce with fat free sour cream and salsa mixed together. Yum!
  • That sounds so good!
  • luvja - can you eat cabbage or kale? You could try subbing those for lettuce if you wanted to dry the dip thing.

• I like to use romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for wraps. cuts about 150 cals out of the picture!
  • Quote: I like to use romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for wraps. cuts about 150 cals out of the picture!
    This is a really good idea, thank you!
  • Besides romaine lettuce you can use celery and carrots to eat hummas too.
  • Hmmm...can you think of a good substitute for tortilla chips that goes with green salsa (like, 99% jalapeno salsa)? If so, you will be my hero!
  • Great Idea, I heard of using those lettuce leaves for wraps and such - still yet to try. but for dipping into my fav hummus!! GREAT IDEA! Thanks!
  • Quote: I like to use romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas for wraps. cuts about 150 cals out of the picture!
    I do that too! It saves so many calories.
    Also, endive leaves are good for dipping into salsas and hummus type dips because they're firm and shaped with a dip and high sides.
  • ooh I tried it tonight with salsa and ff sour cream... I was a little apprehensive when I read this thread last night but was washing/spinning my lettuce earlier and said heck i'll try it........YUM!!! So crunchy and good!!!!! Suggest this to everyone!