Old 01-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Torn...

So I have been working my butt off- my husband and I are starting our own business and it's insane. On top of that we moved to a whole new state this week.
So I decided after I was done moving to go on the South Beach and to start the 30DS again. I have been doing ok with SB, but not perfect, and I haven't done 30DS even though I have planned on it!

I just feel like I'm letting myself down, but when I'm being honest with myself I have not had the TIME to do it! I don't want to make excuses for myself, but seriously we are so insanely busy right now it's like... I just can't take that time to do my exercises.

But at the same time- I feel like each day I go without exercising is another day I'm accepting my fat body. And I don't want to accept it- it's unnacceptable, i want to change it and have the body I know is in there somewhere!!

What's a girl to do. I just feel like a big wimpy excuse maker. Haha, I don't know. i just had to rant about it.
:P
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

maybe now isnt the right time to start with your plan. SB and the 30DS probably would be good, but if you dont have time to do that at the moment, its not a good plan at the moment! So change it- what CAN you do? You can change your eating. Doesnt have to be south beach, you could just change one thing a week- cut out soda, eat less sweet things, stop having biscuits with your tea, things like that. Exercise! 30DS takes up too much time at the moment. Fair enough. We all have priorities! Do you have 15 mins in the morning? And 15 mins at night? Could you get up 15mins earlier and sleep 15mins later? Maybe you could do a short run in the morning and afternoon. Or some sit ups or weight lifting.

My personal experience is if the plan isnt working, change it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Sometimes we just need to adjust our diet plans. I was on Fat smash for like 3 days and then realized it wasn't for me. SO i went back to exercising and counting calories.moving to a new state is an additional stress, i'm sure. But, you can adjust. Do what fits in your schedule. Iconised_ghost is right. maybe you can exercise 15 minutes in the morning and then at night??? You can do this!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Change your food, and work in exercise when you can. It's hard to do a full blown work out when your busy - REALLY hard. It takes up a lot of time! So... do things that you can. For example - when I brush my teeth, I do 40 squats, or calf raises, or 40 SOMETHING with my legs while I brush. When you shower, stand on your tippy toes as long as possible and work on calves, going up stairs - take 2 at a time. Strap on ankle weighs all day - that'll really burn some extra calories Anything you can, DO IT!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #5  
I know I can do it.

Thanks girls.
I just know that the 30DS is the only workout that I have felt and seen serious results with, so I want to keep doing it, haha! I will work it out. I guess I'm just feeling blue about things today for some reason. All that stress!
But you are right Iconised- and I appreciate you saying that.

I will think about that, and maybe I can make some sort of modification so I can reach my goals but still get all my work done.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Go work out right now! hehe
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #7  
I know I can do it.

I DID! woo hoo!

I usually get on the computer for like 2 seconds at a time, haha, just in between my routine chores and running after my little girl. But she fell asleep FINALLY so I hurried up and popped in the DVD and got it over with! She is STILL asleep! Yay! I just wish I hadn't eaten dinner so soon before doing it, now I feel like I may puke... ew! But I feel great for doing the shred tonight. THanks girls
Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 AM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

no worries! Whenever i think to myself "oh i dont have time" i remember what one of my lecturers told me- "if people have time to watch TV, they have time to work out". Not saying that i think you actually have time and are just making excuses lol >.< it just always reminds me that when things are important, we all need to MAKE time
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote