Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Mmkay, this is unofficial....

It's unofficial because I don't plan to give a real progress update until day 10/20/30, but... I weighed myself (while wearing shoes and jeans no less) and i'm over the plateau! 140.6!

Took friggin' long enough.

My butt and thighs have been killing me since I started, but I woke up today and they don't hurt. Hoorah!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

YAY! That's awesome. I hit a plateau a little while back around the exact same weight. I was 141 for like 3-4 weeks. Then after a weekend of eating slightly more calories, i broke it.

As for the shread: I still haven't started... I will start on Tuesday when my father in law leaves. he is staying with us until then and I didn't want to have to sneak around and do this when he was here.
I am really eacited. I will still do my spin classes too.

Nish- just a question, are you wanting to go down to 112lbs? I see you are 5'8". I am 5'7 and want to get to 128 i think. Is 112 OK for your height? Just concerned that it might be too low.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 246/168/105

Height: 5'0

Day 6 complete!!! I think I'll be ready for level 2 once day 11 rolls around!! I heard level 2 is a b*tch!!! Oh well I'm ready for the challenge. Hope everyone is doing well w/ JM 30 day shred wherever you are on your journey.
jillpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am still trying View Post
YAY! That's awesome. I hit a plateau a little while back around the exact same weight. I was 141 for like 3-4 weeks. Then after a weekend of eating slightly more calories, i broke it.

As for the shread: I still haven't started... I will start on Tuesday when my father in law leaves. he is staying with us until then and I didn't want to have to sneak around and do this when he was here.
I am really eacited. I will still do my spin classes too.

Nish- just a question, are you wanting to go down to 112lbs? I see you are 5'8". I am 5'7 and want to get to 128 i think. Is 112 OK for your height? Just concerned that it might be too low.
It's actually what I weighed before I joined the military back while I was in ballet. While I would love to have that physique again, i've kind of come to realize that my 23-year-old woman's body isn't shaped anything like my 18-year-old teenage girl body was, so i'll probably change it once I get to where i'm comfortable. It's more a joint health thing. The reason I got out of the army was because I shattered the lower half of my right leg and had multiple surgeries to fix the bones in my leg, ankle and foot and achilles tendon. As you can imagine I have horrible arthritis and lots of scar tissue, so the less I weigh the less severe the arthritis, swelling and constant pain. I'm still too heavy at this weight, so i'm feeling it out as I go along.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Day 5 done! I'm feeling good not sore at all. I may go up to level 2. Do we have to do 10, 10 ,10?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #81  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Oh girls. This DVD kicks my butt. But, it feels so good. like I am actually working and changing my body. Yesterday was day 5, but for unforseen circumstances, I didn't get home until 1:00 am this morning. So, I did JM Day 5 first thing this morning. I am gonna do Day 6 later tonight to keep me on track.

And to agree with others, I do feel more stamina. My form is getting better on all of the exercises. I feel so good. But, I am also walking at least 40 minutes before work too.

***Just a tip. I have myself a big 'ol chest. When you are doing the jumping jacks, use one arm to hold down your chest while moving the other one. Estimate about half way and switch. I know that you are supposed to use both hands but I find when my chest is bouncing around I do not put in as much effort. When I hold them down, I give it 100%! Try it! It works for me.***
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 34

haha heather, i never tried that, thanks for mentioning it.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Sorry to just jump in here - I just picked up this DVD today and did a search of it and this thread came up! I plan to start today, I'm very excited! I hope it'll help me lose the last 6 pounds to get to my goal on Oct 16th! I'm a little behind everyone, and hope you all don't mind me hoping in!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #84  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Swimgirl!

Days 5& 6- Complete! Woohoo!

I really can't believe how much stronger I feel! I feel like I could level up already. But, I will resist and wait 4 more days. I want to do this right! Also, I am a bit scared.... have you guys previewed Level 2??? YIKES!!!!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #85  

Default Heh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMcG View Post
Welcome Swimgirl!

Days 5& 6- Complete! Woohoo!

I really can't believe how much stronger I feel! I feel like I could level up already. But, I will resist and wait 4 more days. I want to do this right! Also, I am a bit scared.... have you guys previewed Level 2??? YIKES!!!!
Two looks awful, but have you previewed level 3!?

Jillian scares me more than the drill sgt's did at BCT...

Dragging my butt off to take a hot bath with epsom salt now. Goodnight!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 250/244/150

Height: 5'9"

I have tried the first and second, and wow. I couldn't do it. you really have to be in shape already to do those. I don't think I could do it untill I lose about 50 lbs. anyone here who does it deserves a big gold medal. It is hard. I have a friend who weighs 150, and tries to do it but has a hard time with it.
ducky0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Heather - thanks!! I can't wait until things get easier!

Nish - yikes! Although a bath sounds fab!

I did my first workout - why oh why does Jillian hate me so much?!?!? LOL. It was a lot harder than I thought, but I guess this is what you gotta put in to get the results! 1 down - just 29 more to go!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:13 AM   #88  
Bikini Season :)

i just finished my first work out on level 1 - holy crap! i just pushed myself harder in 20 min with that video than i did for my 40 minutes i did earlier today in the gym! wow!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #89  
Bikini Season :)

*and* btw - looking at the way the sweat pants just nicely sat on her hips was *great* motivation - i would do anything for that!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 6 complete! The first circuit is the hardest for me, so once I've gotten through those first 6 minutes, I know I'm good for the rest of it.

Just my opinion for anyone thinking of skipping ahead.... Jillian created the workout this way for a reason. It is supposed to get easier as it goes along, and then when it's time for you start a new level, you're ready to be pushed harder. If you think it's too easy now, just look forward to the fresh challenge that is only a few days away. Just my opinion, of course!

Last edited by girl anachronism; 09-28-2008 at 01:15 PM.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote