Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - Page 32 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #466  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I just bought it today because of this forum! I'm so excited, my first work out will be tomorrow!

Do any of you keep track of your progress on a progress blog or just on here?
I am going to start a blog to help keep myself motivated, to track my progress, etc.

If anyone wants to be blog buddies let me know! I'm excited to start posting here, too!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #467  
I know I can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiders from Mars View Post
Yay, I'm back and ready to start the 30 Day Shred all over again! I was out of town (but still lost a few lbs!) for about 2 weeks, and I have a Thanksgiving weight loss goal of 10 more lbs. I can do this!
Spiders- We weigh almost the same, and I want to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving, too! And I'm starting 30 day shred for the first time, tomorrow morning will be my first day on it.

Did you have success with it the first go around?! I'm so excited to be in pain soon!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #468  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I didn't get home til late so I didn't get my workout in today so I'm gonna do a dble tomorrow which will be day 6 and 7 of level 3. I'm post my results after my 26 days instead of 30 are up. Oh yeh and my measurements from when I first started were:
Started:10/5/08
Weight: 160 lbs
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 41
Chest: 38
Thighs: 22.5
Arms: 11
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 181/155/133

Height: 5'3"

Level 1 Day 5 done - for some reason the top of my abs were killing me when I was jumping today so I decided to take it easy with the jumping jacks, running and jump rode cardio moves and substituted punches instead. My push ups are getting better everyday though! I still can't move very far but I'm able to do them for longer and with better form.

Hi April - I was able to do the first couple of days without worrying bout anyone else but one of my housemates has some days off now and I was really conscious about him walking in this morning - luckily he sleeps like a log and is never awake before 12 otherwise I'd be a sweaty, mortified mess.
BlergIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #470  

Natalie DOES cheat a lot! But that's ok, because if I want to look like her then I've got to work harder than THAT, regardless of what Jillian tells me

(And possibly sell my soul to the devil.)

Finished W2D3 and upped my weights. That definitely made me feel it in my shoulders and back again! I was kind of sad the first couple of days because I was starting to see some awesome results in my abs and they're my weakest link body-wise, but after my break I actually saw my waist get bigger, which did not help! So hopefully those plank twists start working, and I'm sure by the time I'm to level 3 I should see results there again.

mjluva829, can't wait to see your results!

Welcome to those just starting the program!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #471  
I know I can do it.

Default Level 1 day 1 done!

During the workout I wasn't having very much fun, but looking back on it, it was fun, lol!

Excited for tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #472  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I did it--- i finished level two but missed a day so i had to do day ten yesterday and doing level 3 for the first time today --- i'm holding steady at 158.8 so i guess thats a little bit of a loss but not really since starting---but on a better note i'm getting stronger-- and i can actually keep up with them ---and ya i'm like well natalie is cheating---lol--- so i guess i cant be doing too bad --- on a better note i can tell that i'm losing inches--- i just which i knew what they were --- damn it i need measuring tape already---

oh has anyone checked out her "winning by losing"--- i just bought it off ebay and it looks great--- i think i'm going to move to that next---
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Today I'm going to be doing Level 1 Day 3 and I already feel like someone beat me with a stick! The soreness does get better, right?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

My goodness! This is such a long thread!

When people first started talking about doing 30DS, I thought there was no way it was for me and I was perfectly happy working out at my gym, thank you very much.

Well, now the DH and I are talking about starting a family and I want to be at my ideal weight when we start trying to get pregnant. Suddenly my weight loss isn't just about me any more. I want to lose now more than ever. That and I TOTALLY want to make my family's jaws drop when they see me come Christmas.

So, I'm thinking I'll give it a try. I do have a few reservations, though. 1st of all, I have an OS Trigonum, which is a bony growth between your heel and the bottom of my leg bones, and it rubs up on the tendons and makes them sore. It's also a fragile piece of bone and I have cracked it in the past, so I'm not allowed to do anything where I stand on my toes and put pressure in this area. Can I avoid this while doing 30DS?

I've also been having some knee pain and don't want to make that any worse. Nish you mentioned you have knee issues and I'm sure you're at least familiar with OS Trigonums from balet (a lot of balet peoples get them, I guess) - did you find that 30DS helped your joints or flared up any problems??
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #475  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

i'm not one who usually has knee problems but i'll admit that mine does do that on occasion since starting the shred ---and when it is hurting i find that there does seem to be a lot of emphasis on leg and knee type workouts--- if you arent sure if you can go through the whole workout with knee problems i would get it from the library go through it or even just watch it -- and see if it works for you--- if not --there are always other options
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 181/155/133

Height: 5'3"

Heidelene - I'm not a doctor and I don't know much (or anything to be honest) about OS Trigonum, but I had knee surgery in August and I haven't had any problems yet 5 days in (touch wood). If anything, building up the muscles surrounding my knee seems to make it more stable. I do wear a support bandage and there is a lot of jumping involved in the cardio sections and lunges but I'm fairly sure you could substitute those with other moves without too much hassle! The workout itself is tough but really enjoyable... afterwards
BlergIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 16/14/10

Height: 5'10

Heidelene- I would agree with BlergIt in that a substitution would be good. If you do a Google Search for "low impact cardio" there should be some helpful links that come up- look for the one by about.com. Then you could just substitue one some of those moves when she does the jumping jacks, jump rope, etc.
April762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 16/14/10

Height: 5'10

stacylambert- stick with it! The soreness for me didn't subside until about day 5 or so. It's killer at first though! Good luck!
April762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Thanks for the ideas, guys! I was able to locate a copy at the library and have reserved it when the person who has it now brings it back. It's due back 11/6...I can't wait to get my hands on it!!
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #480  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

WOOHOO!! Level 1 Day 5 COMPLETE
and i still love it. Jillian is getting annoying though... i hate how she calls everyone "buddy"... but i am a raging hormone basketcase right now so that coudl explain that...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote