Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #391  

Height: 5'5"

I also didn't do it yesterday because I was so sick, but I did it today and I plan to make up that day. And you have been such an inspiration to me!

Did you do ok? Girl, your results are AMAZING! Holy cow, 11 inches. I'd be screaming that from the rooftops Really, just incredible. You must be so proud of yourself

I'm saving the money I'd be sending on a gym and instead I'm buying a free weights set and some pull-up bars, etc. I was doing Crossfit there for awhile and I think I might go back to that after this. I really like the circuit training-type format. I don't think I'll ever go back to a traditional gym. Give me free weights and a mean coach anyday
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

here we go again - AWESOME results!!! I am SO proud of your - one, you finished it, and two, muscle definition? I'm JEALOUS!! Congrats!! I have to admit, I would definitely be disappointed with the pound results, but inches is where it's at!!

I am planning to start everything all over again, my little trip sent my body over the edge. I got SO sick from the food, lost some weight from that, which means it'll all come back when I can eat normally again. I am excited to get fit though!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #393  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Done with Day 14.

I forget who has their boyfriend do it with them--good for you! Mine just sits around and watches. BUT I have enlisted him to DEMAND that I do my workout each day. He'll say "Get off the couch! Stop using the computer! Do your workout! Now!" He's my own little Jillian....

Some improvements today: I did really wimpy plank thrust jumps, but they were actual jumps, not just one leg at a time. And I did half of the jumping jack planks actually jumping too, and half one leg at a time. I had this power in me I didn't have yesterday. I also was able to watch my reflection in the window since I did it at night... ugh, my fitness may be improving, but my body still has a looong way to go.... especially how when I hold my arms out I have like two separate parts to my arms.. the top that is becoming defined and below it this pouch of fat just flapping around. All this working out has made me flabbier I think.

Forgot to say: Here We Go Again, congratulations! You're very inspiring and I'm happy to see you get some results, even if it's more with the tape measure than the scale. Also, I don't do gyms right now either. This is a great workout without spending $$$...

Last edited by joyra; 10-22-2008 at 06:34 AM.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Thanks girl! I don't know why I was disappointed, hello I lost 14 inches in a single month! That's freaking amazing. I have to say I love JM. She is right that it takes the place of hours at the gym. I have never lost that much in a month. I'll gladly take inches over pounds any day now!

I still will do level 3 day 10 today, but I am truly in awe!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Here we go again, you freakin rock! Way to go on the inches. They are the ultimate way to determine what's happening in your body, and you know for a fact that any weight loss you experience is not because of your muscles breaking down.

What are you going to do now?
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #396  

Ok, I might be a nerd. I emailed Jillian Michaels website and told them my success. I then asked them what is the best step moving forward. Can they reccommend another video or just start over. Until I hear back from them, I'm going to do the following a week.
M- level 1
T- Level 2
W- Level 3
Th- Level 1
Fr- Level 2
Sat- Level 3
Sun- rest

Or at least something like that. I don't want my body to get used to each day so I'm going to keep it changed up. Do you think that will work?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

That sounds like a pretty good plan at least until you get some other ideas of different types of exercises maybe. Because after being so diligent with the vid, it probably would be a little refreshing to do something different.

Personally, just as some people here are finishing their 30 days, I'm going to do an official re-start today at Day 1 Level 1. This time, I will be consistent. *repeated over and over as a mantra*
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yanno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Ok, I might be a nerd. I emailed Jillian Michaels website and told them my success. I then asked them what is the best step moving forward. Can they reccommend another video or just start over. Until I hear back from them, I'm going to do the following a week.
M- level 1
T- Level 2
W- Level 3
Th- Level 1
Fr- Level 2
Sat- Level 3
Sun- rest

Or at least something like that. I don't want my body to get used to each day so I'm going to keep it changed up. Do you think that will work?
You should have sent a link to this thread. I saw posts from a couple years back where Jillian used to check into this site and respond on the boards pretty frequently. I think she would get a kick out of all of us doing this, holding each other accountable, and namely our results.

I got out of the shower after doing day 30 of the shred and caught my own eyes in the mirror. LoL! It sounds so vain, but I am so happy with how I look naked now! I've got this great muscle definition in my back and my waist looks so tiny!

I'm updating with pics and measurements tonite. Gotta get batteries for my camera and i've got two job interviews this afternoon. Wish me luck!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

30 Day Shred Complete!

I feel awesome. So much so that I'm going to do at least 5 more days of level 3. I'm going to take a two day break before doing it, though.

My results:

Waist: - 4 inches
Hips: - 4 inches
Chest: - 3.5 inches
Thigh: - 2.5 inches
Arm: - 1.5 inches
Calf: - 0.75 inches

For a total of: 16.25 inches. I guess more, actually, since I only measured one arm and one leg. Oh and I lost 2 inches off my tummy.

I can't believe it! And the crazy thing is, I've only lost 4 pounds. Hopefully that means I've formed a lot of lean muscle in place of fat.

On thing that's so awesome about 30 Day Shred is I was having the worst time losing inches from my mid section, but it's such a great core workout, combined with cardio. I know you can't spot reduce, but it definitely shredded fat from my waist and stomach.

Last edited by girl anachronism; 10-22-2008 at 04:12 PM.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #400  

girl- That's amazing! You go girl!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #401  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I did day 7 and 8 of level 2. So tomorrow after work I'm movin on to level 3. I'm freakin exhausted but I can't wait to do 10 days of level 3. I'm excited to see my results.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #402  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Okay, I'm only halfway (just finished Day 15) and my results aren't as spectacular as Here We Go Again and Girl Anachronism but hopefully it's because I'm 15 days behind.

Bust: -1
Chest: -1
Waist: -1.5
Stomach: -1.75
Hips: -.25
Thigh: -.25
Knees: -.5
Calves: -.25
Upper Arm: +.5
Forearm: No change
Weight change: -2.7 lbs

I'm very jealous of those big losses in your hips and thighs (also I only measure one arm and one thigh). I'm a big butt gal and in previous weight loss have pretty much got my upper body to a size small while the lower half just hung out at size XL. Also, I knew I looked bulkier in the arms!

I did all my plank jacks today! ....AND now I'm late for work, but I wanted to share with all y'all.

Last edited by joyra; 10-23-2008 at 02:28 AM.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #403  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm going to have to restart. I stopped because I was really sick last weekend and I never started back up. I'm stalled at my current weight and I want to bust through it!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #404  

Nish- I didn't know that she used to comment on here. I should send her an email letting her know. that's a great idea.

So I did level 3 yesterday. I'm going to restart today. I'm curious to see how easy level 1 is now. Is it cool if I keep posting even though it's my second time around?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #405  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Not if you lose another 24 inches
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote