Old 10-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #331  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Day 22 completed and feeling great! Anyone else feel uncoordinated doing the supermans?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Hmmm...

The supermans not so much, but doing all that jumping around with the weights makes me nervous. I always envision myself getting a little too carried away and busting myself in the face with one of my sassy (but deadly) hot pink 'The Firm' weights.

The jumping lunges I haven't quite mastered either. I expected my balance to be pretty off due to the fused bones in my right ankle, but good grief. I usually can hold myself up the whole time actively doing the exercise just by the inertia of jumping, but once she says times up I fall right over. Something about bouncing back up to neutral position just doesn't work. Glad she gives a second to recoup while she explains the next exercise!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #333  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Level 1 Day 8 complete on to day 9 tonight and last day of level one tomorow

But sadly still no weight loss since starting the shred--- some people are so lucky---
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I didn't post yesterday but I did Level 3 day 2.

I have been feeling a little sore, but I think it's great. I don't like the jumping lunges.I can't quite get it, but still trying. Sometimes my knee will start hurting, I don't want to do anything to injure it. I can't wait until I measure myself to see how many inches I've lost.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #335  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Videos..

This thread is so motivating and I am ordering these videos today! These videos look great, but I'm wondering if you all who are currently doing them would do them again after you finish this 30 days? Or does Jillian have another video to move on to? I like that it is in 10 day increments as I get bored easily...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 23 done!
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #337  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Very good that you're all doing this. I tried the first day today, and it went pretty well. But our house is a bit... unstable and not built very well, so the entire floor moved with me when I did the jumping jacks. I guess I'll have to think of something else.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #338  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Day 2 Level 2 complete. I made it through another day. I'm still sweatin like crazy these planks are killer but I manage to make it through the entire workout without any breaks.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #339  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Day 10 complete, onto Day 11 (Level 2) tonight after work. I watched it after my workout yesterday. The pace is definitely picked up from Level 1 but I am ready for the increased challenge.

Now for my bad news: I've gained weight. I was going down eeeever so slightly, bit by bit and now TOM struck and I am +.5 lbs since starting the Shred (+3.5 lbs overall). @#$%^&*!!!

I also took my measurements. I did after Day 5 and I was really excited with the progress. Again, things seem kind of bloated now. I lost an inch at both my waist and gut, half an inch at my chest and a quarter inch from my hips. But I gained 1.25 inches at my knees (must have measured wrong last time) and a quarter inch at my forearms.

So after 10 days of Jillian, I've gained half a lb and lost 1 inch.

I feel like I'm doing a lot as it is and it's not working! I'm working out on this everyday, I am doing some extra workouts, I have cut out soda and some other unhealthy foods, my arms, thighs, and calves have been burning for days... I just wish there was a bigger payout. I hate that all this effort is not good enough. I hate feeling "not good enough" especially when I'm really trying!

I'm sure Level 2 will shake things up again. The last 3 days of Level 1, it felt too easy, I barely broke a sweat. As much as I loved things feeling easy, now I'm all down because I know that easy doesn't get results. I also have reconcile to the fact I'll have to do MORE. More exercise, More careful with my diet.

Sorry to complain so much here, I was so excited to graduate to Level 2 and see the results of my 10 days of hard work and I just didn't get what I wanted.

Level 2 tonight!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #340  

Height: 5'5"

I have my first day of level 2 tonight, and our new neighbors just moved in downstairs. Poor things! Yesterday's workout was NOT FUN, and I won't be sorry to move on.

Nish, that is priceless! If he didn't want cutsey nicknames and public humiliation then he shouldn't have bought you Jane Fonda wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
I feel like I'm doing a lot as it is and it's not working! I'm working out on this everyday, I am doing some extra workouts, I have cut out soda and some other unhealthy foods, my arms, thighs, and calves have been burning for days... I just wish there was a bigger payout. I hate that all this effort is not good enough. I hate feeling "not good enough" especially when I'm really trying!
Aw, don't get discouraged Honestly, I think our bodies can take a while to show a loss on the scale, and if you gained in your knees and forearms then I personally think that's gotta be water retention and shouldn't count! Technically you've lost almost 3 inches, not 1! For 10 days, that ain't bad!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #341  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

day 15th completed.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #342  

Hi! I've been doing JM's Shred for a few days now, kinda frustrated because the scale isn't cooperating. I'm not sure how many calories I should be eating when I'm working out... Any suggestions?

I tried level 2 yesterday - ouch. Today was back to level one!

I need to figure out what works for my body, but also want to see results!!
RubyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #343  

I did day 24 yesterday. I love how strong I'm getting. But I do have to say I have rug burns on my elbows from the one move on your elbows. ouch!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #344  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

So, I bought the video a couple of days ago and started today.
After reading so many posts about how hard it was, all I could think was- (sorry guys) "these girls must just be out of shape, it's just an exercise video!" (I've never done one before)
HOLY FREAKIN MOLY MAN! I was swearing at Jillian and definitely took 1 or 2 breaks, but it was gooooood!
I love the way she motivates you with what she says and it's not too long. It seemed like the 20 minutes was up before I knew it.

Awesome. Very excited to see if I can stick with it for 30 days!!!
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #345  

Megan- I thought the same thing! I was like how bad can it really be? And then you do it, and you're like what the crap? It gets easier as you go. I really like it. Level 3 is my favorite.