Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #241  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

did level 1 day 2 today. I was going to do day 2 yesterday but my cable box was acting up. Maybe I should just buy the dvd. Anyway, I noticed an improvement already in my stamina. Huh. Go figure. I think I like that Anita (?) looks just as annoyed near the end as I feel.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #242  
You need me!

Height: 5'7"

so, I started this tonight, and I feel like a failure.
I didn't finish, I say firstly. I did most of it, except for the cardio bit, bc my living room has LOTS of nick nacks and this house is hold, and once i tried all my dogs went crazy...
and I had to rearrange some of the workouts since I have asthma and I get winded easily.....

but Im going to work on it. and stick with it. since I can't make it to the gym as much as I like, and really i don't think im going to be able to make it at all....
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #243  

Height: 5'5"

Lindsay, stick with it! Every time I do it my apartment shakes, but the more I do it the better I am at landing softly, so I've gotten much quieter and the walls don't shake anymore. Just do what you can and don't quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
So I got my butt out of bed and freakin' did it.
Holy crap, that's some dedication you've got there! MAJOR props to you!

Here we go again, I can't wait for you to get to level 3! I'm wondering if Jillian is finally just going to make people implode

So I did W1D4 after my run tonight. I'm dead tired, but I have to say that it was easier this time. I didn't do any girly pushups!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #244  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Okay I finished Day 4 of Level 1. I'm going to admit, I nearly skipped it because I was too lazy to do it when I got home from work and I had dinner plans... but those fell through so I had plenty of time to get it done. I'm so glad I did.

Let me just say, I don't address a lot of you by name, but I love you all for checking in here so frequently and sharing this experience. It is really against my nature to stick things out to the end--I am a natural quitter, especially if something is hard, and if not for this list probably would've done it once and forgot about it. I fear it will be Day 29 and I'll still be looking for a reason to get out of it.

But in the meantime... I'm sticking with it. And I'm proud of all of you for sticking with it too. Please, keep sharing!

By the way...

What part do you guys HATE?

I hate the pushups (and I am in the pushup challenge--my shoulders want to fall off!), the lunges (always hated them) and the jumping rope (fire calves!).

Today the jumping jacks actually felt GOOD, like downward dog in yoga, a place to recenter yourself (or I think shake everything loose).
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
By the way...

What part do you guys HATE?
Plank jacks. %$#! plank jacks! I really don't know why they kick my butt so bad, but they are like murder to me. You'll get some of that action at L2.

Did it this morning since I have errands to run all day. I'm feeling A+ other than being a little sore, slept like a baby last night, and I attribute it to the fact that I got up and exercised instead of laying in bed drinking tea and popping pain pills like a baby. Thank you Joyful for the props, but it's more obsession than dedication. Jillian will not win! LoL.

To all the newbies! It gets easier for like... three days, then you go to Level 2. lmfao! Yell at your TV to stay motivated. It helps a few of us power through it. The physical pain is temporary, just remember that. It's all in your head. You can do it!

Last edited by NishKitten; 10-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #246  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

@Lindsay: it's ok to modify for easier of Jillian's version. I do too. But if you stick with it, at like, day 5-7 you'll be able to do her version. Things will get better.

Day 9 completed.
I'm so proud of myself today. I can do strength training circuit 1 without breaks. Or actually, most of the strength part i didn't need break anymore. It's getting better, much better. I can see it myself ^-^

Anyways, idk why but everytime i do arm cross and windmill, i feel tired already. I just feel it takes more energy than the actual exercises (lol).

@here we go: you really are my inspiration. I love your energy and your determination. I just wish i have more energy (and wills) to do more exercises. >"<
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Nish- I'm so proud of you! I would've probably cried like a baby and not have exercised. You're amazing!

Annita- Thanks for the encouraging words. I've always been hard headed. When I get something in my mind I want to do, I just go for it. Some days are better than others. As Jillian says, if you want your body to change you gotta put stress on it, you can't do a 20 minute workout and take breaks. So I'm taking her words to heart and going for it.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default ...

I wanted to die, trust me. But it was worth it because today I got into -- of all things -- a $240 silk designer wrap shirt that I haven't been able to wear for years because my arms and hips were too big. Not only do I look GREAT in it, but I could even pull the sash back around to tie it in the front WITH SASH TO SPARE!!!! Look how skinny my midriff looks! Those are the hallowed stapled-to-my-wall-for-8-months size 6 jeans by the way. And not just any size 6 jeans, but Denim For Immortality jeans. Whoo!

Keep it up girls, this works I promise!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinkperspective 003.JPG (60.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg pics 003.JPG (81.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg pics 004.JPG (77.6 KB, 38 views)
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #249  

I've shredded again! Day 2 Level 1! And this time it really was a little easier AND I only took one small break between jumping jacks and jump rope! Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to get through the whole thing nonstop!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Great job It's Courtney!!! You're doing so good. It will get easier as you do level 1. It's like she sets you up. It's hard, then gets easier, then it gets easy and then up to the next level. Then BAM!!!! you're back to square one. It totally works!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #251  
You need me!

wow! great job to everyone. and I must say anyone that goes all the way to the end of this gets a round of applause. lol.

My least favorite is the pushups. I have terrible upperbody strength, so thats the one that kicks me in the butt. lol.
and Im going to stick with it too.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #252  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I have a question - I ordered the video from amazon but have not received it yet. I was wondering if you guys are doing this every day for 30 days or how do you do it is the video pretty self explanatory?

Thanks in advance
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I've been considering this... I've never seen TBL so I don't really know anything about Jillian but I've heard the video is intense and I need some serious butt-kicking! I think I'm going to stop by Target on the way home and pick up the DVD (last week I saw it there for about $13 and I think that's a reasonable investment).
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #254  
You need me!

well, i do mine of excersice on demand.....although it doesn't have the part three...I don't think.
I know for sure it has 1 and 2. But Im not worried about three right now! lol.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #255  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Nish- Holy Crap!!! Are you so proud? I am proud of you! I saw in the sig your hubby is coming home! Be prepared for some late nights!

So I am on Level 2 Day 4. Can I just say that I hate the plank work. I am just not strong enough... I end up with my booty in the air more like a downward dog. Oh well, practice makes perfect!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote