Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Annita- It's ok girl. Some days are better than others. The good thing is that you haven't given up.

Joy- Great job girl! I was surprised that I was able to work through the soreness and it went away as I was exercising.

Swim girl- Just keep going! I am impressed by my fitness. At the beginning i barely do 30 seconds of jumping jacks now it doesn't faze me.

Did y'all see the biggest loser last night? Jillian was freaking out on people. I understand where she's coming at, but if she cussed me out I wouldn't have been as nice as the other people.

I'm getting nervous about level 3.... only 3 more day and I begin. Is anyone else doing other workouts along with this? Some days I do some days I don't. I feel like I have more energy and I want to.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #227  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

@here we go again: thank you.
I do light cardio and abs workout in the morning right after i wake up everyday. It's great feeling and also refresh feeling. Sometimes i do hula hoop (~15-20 minutes) in the middle of the day too. Although all of them aren't as intense as Jillian ^^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #228  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 1 completed yesterday ---on to day 2

alright--- sore does not begin to describe it ---but i did it i completed day one last night----YAYY!!!! so starting weight for this will be 156.8 ---thats what the scale read this morning==== so we'll see where i go from there--- but i'll get my measurements in the next few days hopefully--- i have to find some measureing tape--- anyway--- fitting into size 9 jeans but quite snug-- so short term goal is to get them to fit properly and then we'll go from there
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh...

Okay, ladies. I'm here to cheerlead you because I may have to skip out today. I had my Paragard put in (no kids. I'm sure you can imagine...) and i'm not feeling too hot at the moment. It will probably get better once my tramadol kicks in, but at the moment i'm not so sure i'll get to it. Anything that causes my stomach to tense makes me cramp and want to vomit.

If not i'll double up tomorrow, but i'll update this to let you know. I'm gonna go curl up with my hot water bottle and watch this black market DVD set my husband got me in Iraq. It's got all of the Disney movies/ tom and jerry cartoons/ pixar films/nickelodeon cartoons/Barbie movies on it (I gonna watch Mermaidia!) and i'm a dork that still cannot be pressed to watch grown up TV. If it isn't animated, doesn't have zombies/monsters, Keira Knightley, random explosions, isn't totally stupid, or it's not Discovery Channel then i've probably never bothered to watch it.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #230  

Nish- I'm sorry that you're in pain. I hear you on the animated films. I love them. I think we all have the kid in us that doesn't want to grow up. I hope you feel better and sounds good that you're just going to rest. Thanks for being our cheerleader, cus sometimes I need it.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #231  

Jillian Michaels just kicked my butt.

Today was day 1 level 1 for me! MAN, I could BARELY get through it...it's BRUTAL!! Now that I've been shredded, I'm going to walk/jog the lake.

I can't wait to see what the results are going to be like!! Now I know what you guys are talking about! Whew!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #232  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

@its courtney: congrats on finished day 1. Altho it's brutal (yes, i totally hear u), it'll get better ^^
(right...like i could tell you this >"< i've just complained above that i just felt like it's day 1 for me today lolz).

Hope everyone is doing ok - nice and shredded ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Did y'all see the biggest loser last night? Jillian was freaking out on people. I understand where she's coming at, but if she cussed me out I wouldn't have been as nice as the other people.
Yes! I totally agreed with her, though. Those people are being given such an awesome opportunity and they weren't appreciating it at all. There are hundreds or thousands of people who, if they were in their place, would have been giving it their all.

I'm going to switch up what time I do my workout today. I've been doing it as soon as I get home from work, and then not eating dinner until 7 or so. I think maybe that's part of what could be slowing down my weight loss? So today I'm going to eat an early dinner at around 5 and then do my work out at 6 or 7.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #234  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Day 5 Level 1 complete. I'm gettin way better at this. I only took 1 break this time. I did a few real push ups before I went back in2 modified push ups. Push ups are little difficult but I haven't fully built enough strength yet to do actual push ups. I'm hoping to be able to do thoses by the time I start level 2 hopefully. I feel better and I can really feel that I'm building strength in my calves from doin jumpin jacks, jump rope, and kick butt. I can definately feel it in my abs so I know thoses are workin. I'm hopin to lose inches in my inner thighs too. I'm still sweatin like crazy. Keep up the good work everyone!!

Last edited by jmfan317; 10-08-2008 at 07:11 PM.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Day 16 Complete!

I can't believe how much better my endurance is compared to day 1. There is no way, just two weeks ago, I would have been able to do this. Amazing amazing amazing.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

WOW!! Level 2 kicked my butt so hard!! I stopped quite a few times, but I always went back to it, hopefully things get easier! I miss you level 1 and your comparative easiness! lol. Never thought I'd say that!

I am never home to watch The Biggest Loser, its so sad! I think I am home next week to watch it, yay, if I know who anyone is.. lol.

So I did my measurements today after completing level 1! I am down 3 1/2 inches in my hips/waist area! I am happy with that since its such a short time, also my thighs are down half an inch each. Total loss of 5 inches! No change in weight though.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #237  
starting over again

I did day 1 level 1 today. It went ok, cardio wasn't that bad because I take a lot of aerobics classes but the weights killed me. I usually use my 20 lb dumbbells when I weight train my arms so I figured I would cut back down to 15 lbs because it isn't just straight weights. OMG!! Waaaaay to heavy for this dvd. Doing weights in a cardiovascular way is so much harder. I'll be busting out my 5 pounders for next time. I was amazed out how much I was sweating at the end.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Holy crap

So I got my butt out of bed and freakin' did it. I couldn't even sleep because the thought of not doing it was wracking my brain. Just got out of the shower and I must say that was NOT pleasant in the least, but magically... during the second circuit I started to feel better. A little lightheaded, but the cramps let up and my pelvic region actually feels a little less swollen and ... erm... "full" for lack of a better term. I'm actually hungry now so i'm making myself a little itsy bitsy smidge of salmon and some unsweetened apple sauce with raisins and cinnamon. Yum!

Hopefully I feel a lot better in the days to come, though I am quite surprised that I powered through it at 100% tonight. I don't even know where that energy came from. Maybe i'm more of a badass than I thought.

@Marms - My husband has this stupid saying whenever he is doing PT with his soldiers -- "BEWARE the weenie weight! FEAR the weenie weight! NEVER underestimate the power of the weenie weight!" I'll see him out on Saturdays while I run the track and he has those poor guys working their butts off doing military presses with [B]blades of grass!!!![B] I tried it once, and yanno... it's messed up. After about five that blade of grass weighs about 100lbs. LoL!

I'm doing this workout with 5lb weights too and I always hear that stupid saying in my head when I start to get tired. No joke, I am scared of the weenie weights. Jillian made me a believer.

Last edited by NishKitten; 10-08-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: forgot something
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #239  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

LEvel one day two completed--- i'm doing my workouts at night after baby goes to sleep so i dont get disturbed with the baby crying----

and yes another accomplishment is that i finally brought the elliptical into the house---its sitting in the dining room that we dont use anyway--- and i did ten minutes on that too--- so yay!!!

anyway on to the shred thing----

day two was totally murder b'c i was already sore from yesterday's workout ---especially since its been a long time since i've worked out so -- you can consider me a newbie in the workout department---its been maybe a good two or three years since i've had a real workout---

oh and i used the 5lb hand weights and it felt much much harder to lift those today--- i think i'm going to dig out my 3lb weights--- or get something in their place if i dont find them---

anyway good job everyone really had no idea how tough this was--- but i'm not giving up and u shouldnt either ---

on to day 3 level 1
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #240  

Hey girls, I completed level 2 day 7. I'm doing everything so much stronger and better. After I went for a an hour walk. I walked 4 miles in an hour. It was good walk. Sorry I didn't read everyone comments, I'll do it tomorrow!