Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

NishKitten - I am wearing some very nice running shoes I got fitted for, they were fitted to provide a little extra stability because I was jogging on trails. I suspect it's partly because of my job and being on my feet for 9 hours straight, but secretly I hope for an easy fix! lol. For now I just suffer thru it, close my eyes and breath thru the pain.

here we go again - I try to remind myself that weight isn't everything, and that I'd gladly be my weight as long as I was a size 10! lol. But I don't think 260 pound women are in size 10's! Thanks for reminding me of this though, gives me some perspective! And inches are good, which is actually why I am doing this workout.. not to lose pounds but to lose inches. BTW - I love your picture! You are absolutely beautiful! I am going to do my inches this week, your patience impresses me, but I totally am not!

What are we going to do when these 30 days are over? I'm getting bonded to you gals over the pain we experience each and every day! lol.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #212  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I'm on Day 2 and it hurt! Everything was sore today and hard to move.. but I did notice I was able to focus more--like look at a spot on the wall and just move without breaking concentration. I still didn't use weights--my arms were so sore today from just lifting the weight of my little fists yesterday, particularly my deltoids--had to look it up, never had them hurt like this before.

Part of me feels good that I complete it and part of me feels like I am eons away from being in shape.

Oh yes and I like to add that when Jillian says "No breaks, if you want to lose weight now, don't take a break!" -- it really helps! All I want is a break or to stop early or skip some and I think -- soon 30 days will be over and instead of being X lbs lighter and X inches smaller, I might be half that.. or less.

Last edited by joyra; 10-07-2008 at 08:55 AM.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
NishKitten - I am wearing some very nice running shoes I got fitted for, they were fitted to provide a little extra stability because I was jogging on trails. I suspect it's partly because of my job and being on my feet for 9 hours straight, but secretly I hope for an easy fix! lol. For now I just suffer thru it, close my eyes and breath thru the pain.

here we go again - I try to remind myself that weight isn't everything, and that I'd gladly be my weight as long as I was a size 10! lol. But I don't think 260 pound women are in size 10's! Thanks for reminding me of this though, gives me some perspective! And inches are good, which is actually why I am doing this workout.. not to lose pounds but to lose inches. BTW - I love your picture! You are absolutely beautiful! I am going to do my inches this week, your patience impresses me, but I totally am not!

What are we going to do when these 30 days are over? I'm getting bonded to you gals over the pain we experience each and every day! lol.

-Aimee
Ok, Swim Girl you officially my new BFF. lol I needed that this morning. Have you ever head people say, "God give me patience but hurry!"? I kinda feel that I'm like that. Everyday I have to tell myself. I'm not in a race. This is a lifestyle journey. Then I start bragging on myself. lol I don't know any other women that are 280's that can run a 10 min mile and no one can guess my weight. I get hit on everyday, not that really matters, but still makes you feel good.

I understand about the feet too. The inside of my arch will start cramping when I stay on it for too long with all my weight. I don't know if it's b/c of my weight but I just force myself to keep going and then i shake it out good.

I was wondering what we'll do after this too. I was thinking of starting over but I don't know. Does she have another video that's different? I would totally be game for something else after our 30 days.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Oh wow, I had to catch up reading 6 pages of posts. You all are doing wonderful! And yes, pain... sweet sweet pain.

I had to miss a day on the weekend so today will be on my 6th day @ Level 1. Everything is definately improving so I can't complain about that. Although I still have to fight that voice in the back of my head that speaks up about 5 minutes into it saying it's too hard and I should just get back on the bike.... but I push through it and forget about the voice almost immediately!

As of yet I still have not lost anything. That's a bugger. But alas, it will fall off eventually because there is no way anyone can do a workout like this for 30 days (while watching what they eat) and not lose weight. That would be a cruel world.

Working late today so it's going to be a battle of wills to do it tonight around 9/9:30pm... Will update when I can. Hoping I am a little closer to perfecting the workout without having any breaks.

Have fun ladies!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #215  

There is no exercising for me this morning, I am sooo tired and have a stuffed up head. Dragging myself off the couch for exercise doesn't sound appealing! We'll see how I'm feeling after work - I don't get home until 10pm though.

here we go again - I have heard that saying before.. I am totally feeling that! Glad I'm not alone! Guys never hit on me - or maybe I don't notice. I've been with my bf for 8.5 years, I've forgotten what flirting even is! Thats impressive that you are running, I totally can't do it!!

-Aimee
Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #216  

Swim- Running isn't hard, it gets easier the more you do it. I bet you could totally run a mile in a few weeks. I hope you feel better!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yick!

It seems like everyone is sick but me! Is it cold season already?

I came home after sprints this morning and did Level 2, advanced moves, no breaks. It was so hardcore I actually died for a few minutes after that workout, but my cat started stepping on my face so I came back to life.

I'm getting in bed after this and i'm not getting back up until tomorrow.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #218  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Nishkitten I agree I'm not sick either. I hope for the ones that r sick ya'll get better soon. I just completed day 4 level 1. This time I only took 2 breaks. It seems to be gettin easier. Its just I get tired when I have to go from jumpin jacks to jump rope to jumpin jacks then back to jump rope. I can tell my endurance is building which is great. I also did a 15 min walk this morning.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 15 done!

Halfway there! I'm kind of bummed, though, that I've lost only 2 pounds. My clothes, however, are fitting entirely different, and I've definitely lost inches. I don't know what's going on with the pounds. I'm trying not to let it get me down, though.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #220  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

TOM is killing me. Yesterday after done 7th day shred i was totally tired >"< It's 7th day and i'm still feeling it hard But uh oh.... can't deny the fact that i can follow Jillian most of the time, except strength training part (needed to take few breaks) but that's ok tho. I know i'm weak at it and i know that i'm improving so i'm happy ^-^

Congrats on ladies who've sticked with it and moved up level 2. You're all my inspirations ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #221  

Hey girls! day 16 done. 6th day at level 2 done. I was able to do all of the advanced except double jump rope. I then was feeling so good, I went to Curves did my workout and on the cardio boards, I did jump rope. People were looking at me like I was crazy. I burned 500 cal just from Curves. It's so amazing how fit I'm getting just from doing this shred. Still in TOM so don't know what my real weight is. I was 287 this morning but weighed this afternoon and was 284. I don't know, my body is weird. I'm so proud of all of us!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #222  

No exercise for me today, I just couldn't do it tonight. But I am thinking it might be good for weighing in tomorrow - I seem to gain when I do weights. Geez, bodies are SO confusing!!

Tomorrow I will be starting Level 2 - its my day off from work, so it actually works out perfectly!

I have 9 days to shrink my butt to fit into an airplane seat! hehe... thats actually my goal for all this working out.

here we go again - I am so proud of us all too!! I am totally impressed by your fitness as well!

-Aimee
Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #223  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I feel so far behind you guys, yet I feel like I've been at this forever. I just finished Day 3... on Day 2 my arms/shoulders were so sore. Today they are still sore, but loosened up quickly--instead it was my calves that were on fire. I haven't done so much calf concentration in years! I think I am so afraid that I'll get big bulky calves--well you know what, I have fat calves now so maybe I should just aim for muscle and be concerned AFTER I get bulky calves (if ever).

Also today was the first time I didn't stop at all. Previously the push-ups got me, I'd do a few and take like a two second break (well, it didn't help that I did my push-up challenge before -- today I didn't). In some ways it's feeling easier but overall it's still very tough!

And I agree, all of you who are on Level 2 are inspiring me!

(Oh yes and I have lost 2 lbs since starting this (after only 2 days!)... but I think it's because I was a total couch potato, who only walked or hiked for exercise... I haven't done intense exercise in forever!)
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #224  

Height: 5'5"

joyra, I just finished day 3 as well, and I feel like it's been forever too. Maybe that says something about Jillian?

I don't think I've lost anything yet, but I've gotten really good at kicking my own butt!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #225  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

day 8 completed.
Somewhat today i felt like it was day 1 again.
Sometimes when exercising i just didn't feel that i've improved at all.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote