Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #196  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Day 3 level 1 complete. I only stopped 3x's once cuz the phone rang and twice cuz my legs felt like they were gonna fall off. Towards the end it gets so much more easier and I can really tell that my endurance is building up and I'm getting excited.

Last edited by jmfan317; 10-06-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typed the wrong thing
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #197  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

got my copy and starting it tonight--- wish me luck--- quite nervous about it ---better stretch--
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #198  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

did level 1 day 1 today and I'm a little scared. I can really feel the workout but i'm like shaking right now. I wasn't expecting the jumping jacks. eesh.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 188/179/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Moved up to level 2 today, since I will be out of town this weekend and won't be able to workout at all. It was SO tough, but it seemed to be done really fast. I'm going to do it again tonight to make up for missing a workout yesterday. I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow
Spiders from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 14 complete!
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I do not like the jumping jacks lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

It was so much easier today! Level 2 day 5 done. Day 15 done! Half way through baby!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #203  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Level 2 Day 3 !!

I can't believe how "athletic" I am getting. Wow! Go Jillian. Thanks for making me sweat!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #204  
starting over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post

Marms -- There are people who will disagree with me, but the recommendation of "rest days" that is wisdom in the world of sports medicine is given to pro athletes that do super intense training for hours everyday. The average person does not in any way shape or form need the same sort of recovery that a pro athlete does. What most of us do in a day, especially those who work sedentary jobs, your hour at the gym is nothing compared to what some people normally do all day every day at their regular job. Do they find it essential to take rest days? It's really about putting your level of activity into perspective. Most of us aren't doing as much as we percieve we are with that measly 30-60 minutes at the gym. Our bodies are amazing and they are designed to be able to handle repeated stress, exhaustion, and hard work. The key to maintaining your strength and being your best every day is proper nutrition and getting enough sleep!

"Rest days" are overrated and over-prescribed to the masses. It's good advice, but it doesn't really apply to normal folks unless you're just trying to keep from getting burned out, or you are starting completely from scratch as a beginner. If you are a true beginner, I would honestly recommend that you get yourself in moderately good shape before trying this program because the risk of injury is higher and a true beginner does need more recovery time than someone who has been working out regularly for awhile. The program is great, gives great results, and is so short that it does not require any sort of rest day. It's 20 minutes. You have the other 23:40 to recover, especially if you only essentially go to work, eat, and go to bed.

If you're ready to get started, then the welcome wagon is here with open arms! Come, and join us in our misery that is so absurdly satisfying. It's challenging and I believe we are all in agreement that Jillian is a sociopath hellbent on destruction ... fat destruction, that is.

My butt WILL fit in these size 6 matchstick jeans I have stapled to my wall by day 30!

Thanks for replying. I will probably end up only doing it 4 times a week anyway because I want to keep going to my step class on Mon, Thurs & Sat. My dvd was shipped today. Hopefully it will be here by Wednesday so I can join you all.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Here we go again - have you weighed or taken your measurements since you hit level 2? Since we are close to the same weight I am wondering how much you think you'll lose? I jumped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained or lost any weight at all! I am kind of shocked since it's such a hard workout.

Well, I can't believe I can say this.. but I completed day 10 today!! Wowsers! It doesn't feel like it's been that long already, and on the other hand? It feels like forever, lol.. I am hoping level 2 will be easier in some ways, because my feet get SO sore from doing lunges! Thats my only issue, I always have to stop once on each side. It only happens when I'm working though, but since I'm working 5 days a week its happening too much. It's not like I can run around less at work either. Anyone have any good tips for me on how to make this easier??

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
Here we go again - have you weighed or taken your measurements since you hit level 2? Since we are close to the same weight I am wondering how much you think you'll lose? I jumped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained or lost any weight at all! I am kind of shocked since it's such a hard workout.

Well, I can't believe I can say this.. but I completed day 10 today!! Wowsers! It doesn't feel like it's been that long already, and on the other hand? It feels like forever, lol.. I am hoping level 2 will be easier in some ways, because my feet get SO sore from doing lunges! Thats my only issue, I always have to stop once on each side. It only happens when I'm working though, but since I'm working 5 days a week its happening too much. It's not like I can run around less at work either. Anyone have any good tips for me on how to make this easier??

-Aimee
Are you wearing your tennis shoes? If not, you might want to start putting them on before you work out. It's helped me a lot.

Remember ladies -- Just because you're home, you should still wear proper footgear even on carpet, *especially* when doing high impact exercises. They cushion the impact your knees and ankles take when jumping, and they stabilize your feet and ankles when doing lunges and squats.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #207  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

*screams* Thanks for all the support guys, but something awwwwwwful happened!!! I was doing the Level 1 On Demand though my cable box, I get everything all set to be tortured and the damn video is GONE!!! Now, with my arms wounded - I am going to have to go out and buy the stupid thing.

Errrrrr. I am a whole big bag of not happy right now.

Although, not having to do jumping jacks on my very thin floor did make me happy.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #208  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

The only reason I did it today was because it's in MY ondemand box. teehee.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #209  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

jumping jack is good. I love jumping jack.
What i hate is the circuit 1 strength training Strength is always my weakness >"< At least after 6 days, it's getting better than before.... Man, when will level 1 become easy >"<
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:47 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post

-Aimee
Hey girl. I'm the worst person to ask about weight. My body has totally boycotted losing weight. I have lost 4 pounds in the last 3 months. But I have lost a lot of inches. I've gone from a 22 to a 18 with some 14's and 16's. So, I don't know. I'm hoping by the end of the 30 days I will have lost 10 pounds and be 6 inches smaller. Inches speak more for me than weight at this point. I took my measurements before I started level 1 and I'd rather just know at the end. it will keep me motivated. I would also say that what made it easier for me, is I never cheated. If I cheat, I don't stretch myself and it doesn't get easier. It will get easier I promise. Great job!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote