Old 10-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #181  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I just completed Day 2 Level 1. I'm still sweatin like crazy. I did notice that I didn't take as many breaks as I did yesterday. So I'm slowly gainin my endurance back and it feels great. Hoping by day 5 I can make it through the whole workout without stopping. I'm still on track with my cals so thats a plus. I have to be at work at 5:30 pm it shouldn't be a long shift cuz then I have to work tomorrow at 9 am. Keep up the good work girls!!
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #182  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Level 2 Day 2 complete!!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #183  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Alright Heather, Nish and Here we Go again,

I am soooo on to you guys!!! I am now under the impression that you are Jillian jumping on the 3FC board to make this girl (me) hurt. (tongue in cheek of course) lol. So, I follow this thread for like a week or so. I am anxiously watching the progress and the chit chat... but i figured with a bad back - there is no way I could ever do this stupid video. Yeah, well, I went to a pumpkin patch today and when I got the pictures uploaded - I was like Eff It. I am gonna try this thing. I go on On Demand and I am gonna do this damn thing. The only thing I literally couldn't do was the cool down - my back just wont even let me bend over. I am wondering if there are extra stretches I can do to fix this.

Jillian is the Devil. I was out of breath in like the first five minutes... I managed to do the whole thing, and you all can go ahead and add me to the board, but I am so not happy about it. I am sooooo not happy about it.

You really forget that fat means more than looking awful. Blech, I am going in the shower to cry. I hope this gets easier.

- Paula
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #184  
starting over again

I just ordered this DVD from overstock.com but I have a question. I thought you were supposed to take a day or two of rest between training you muscles so they can repair themselves. So if you do this workout daily, isn't that overkill? Or does Jillian explain why it is meant to be done daily in the vid?
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

YourBella- First of all, you're funny. I'm so proud of you! The first step is doing it. Good job. Yes, I promise you it gets better. There are a lot of stretches you can do instead of bending over. I would google stretches. Welcome to the thread. There's going to be days that you don't even want to force yourself to do it. I sure have them, but I can't imagine coming on here and not staying with everyone. So you can do it!!!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Today was a day I totally didn't want to do it! I got next to NO sleep, and felt sick allll day! Ugh. But I am VERY proud to say, DAY 9 COMPLETE!!! Phew! Is there anyone out there who didn't feel like they were ready to move to Level 2? I am a little nervous!! I think I will just move on, mostly because I plan to restart the whole thing when I get back from my mini vacation!

Also, anyone getting a sore lower back? Mine was bothering me last night.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #187  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
YourBella- First of all, you're funny. I'm so proud of you! The first step is doing it. Good job. Yes, I promise you it gets better. There are a lot of stretches you can do instead of bending over. I would google stretches. Welcome to the thread. There's going to be days that you don't even want to force yourself to do it. I sure have them, but I can't imagine coming on here and not staying with everyone. So you can do it!!!
Hahah Thanks. I thrive on the humor. hahah at least you are proud of me. i have to admit that i laughed most of the way through it and called Jillian about 65 four letter power words. I literally couldn't do it in the time that she wanted me to... I am just hoping by the end of the level 1 I will be able to do it without stopping.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

LoL!!! If I get to be secret Jillian, do I get to have her awesome shoulders and arms?

It's rough. I did it today still half drunk and sweating pure vodka. I think it was about halfway through the plank jacks when I started cussing out the TV and asking her what the @#$% I did to make her hate me so much.

She's a baaaaaaaaad chick.

Marms -- There are people who will disagree with me, but the recommendation of "rest days" that is wisdom in the world of sports medicine is given to pro athletes that do super intense training for hours everyday. The average person does not in any way shape or form need the same sort of recovery that a pro athlete does. What most of us do in a day, especially those who work sedentary jobs, your hour at the gym is nothing compared to what some people normally do all day every day at their regular job. Do they find it essential to take rest days? It's really about putting your level of activity into perspective. Most of us aren't doing as much as we percieve we are with that measly 30-60 minutes at the gym. Our bodies are amazing and they are designed to be able to handle repeated stress, exhaustion, and hard work. The key to maintaining your strength and being your best every day is proper nutrition and getting enough sleep!

"Rest days" are overrated and over-prescribed to the masses. It's good advice, but it doesn't really apply to normal folks unless you're just trying to keep from getting burned out, or you are starting completely from scratch as a beginner. If you are a true beginner, I would honestly recommend that you get yourself in moderately good shape before trying this program because the risk of injury is higher and a true beginner does need more recovery time than someone who has been working out regularly for awhile. The program is great, gives great results, and is so short that it does not require any sort of rest day. It's 20 minutes. You have the other 23:40 to recover, especially if you only essentially go to work, eat, and go to bed.

If you're ready to get started, then the welcome wagon is here with open arms! Come, and join us in our misery that is so absurdly satisfying. It's challenging and I believe we are all in agreement that Jillian is a sociopath hellbent on destruction ... fat destruction, that is.

My butt WILL fit in these size 6 matchstick jeans I have stapled to my wall by day 30!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bella- at one point during the level 2 she says, "I'm sure you're thinking what is the crazy woman thinking.'" I'm always YES!!!! You crazy pycho woman! But, everyday I do more and I get better. Everyday i improve. Everyday you will get better. You will be sore tomorrow or the next day but if you work through the soreness, it totally goes away. I promise!

Swim- it's awesome that you did it. No excuses, you're an inspiration! My lower back was hurting to. On some of the ab stuff that we lift our legs, I have to do it on the carpet and sometimes put a small pillow back there. I totally understand about the lower back. Did it just start hurting or has it been hurting? Mine always has hurt if I do the ab lower stuff.

I'm so glad that there's so many people doing this! Thank you all for inspiring me!!!! You ladies are amazing!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #190  

Height: 5'5"

Day 1 Level 1 done! Again All of this talk about level 2 is making me nervous.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #191  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I am so proud of all of you!!!!!

Bella- WELCOME! We are glad to have you! And way to take initiative and start this. Its weird, you hate thinking about doing it, you hate doing it, but when you are all done and in the shower, you are so glad you did it! Also, I'm not one for committing to exercise everyday, I mean come on, a girl needs a break don't you think? But, if I want to change my body, I HAVE TO DO THIS. So, I have learned to love it! Not to mention, last week I discovered something I have never felt before.......a bicep!

Any girls feel like Level 2 is way quicker than level 1. I'm always like, "Done already? Did I miss something?" HHMmmmm..... maybe I am becoming a Jillian Junkie?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #192  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I said I'd start yesterday when I got back from my holiday but alas, I was too lazy! Well, laziness no more, I started tonight--right after I did my push-up challenge push-ups for the day, all 30 of them... I had no idea there were push-ups involved!!

Also I don't have dumbbells--so I used nothing. During the chest flies I could see my weak chest muscles twitching away--with no weight! I might try using water bottles tomorrow.

And yes, after swinging my arms like windmills and doing knee circles, I was already tired. But I thought, this is doable. Then I remembered how on the biggest loser, she is relentless. And she is in her workout video too. I survived!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Yikes ladies,

I am planning to start today after i get home from my new job!!!
I am kind of nervous after hearing all the chat about Jillian the devil

No excuses today, it's only 30 mins of my time even if I know I will have lots to do for work right?

I will log in tonight and let everyone know how I did, again slightly scared...
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #194  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

day 6 completed.
Still sweating like ever. But lots stronger.
I counted how many times i took breaks and i think it was only 3-4 times. Great achievement for me ^-^

Hope everyone is doing ok. ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I'm going out to buy this DVD today! I'll keep you guys updated
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote