Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 AM   #166  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

@Chile: this DVD is hard, i know. I didn't quit out, still stick to it, but i use alot of 5sec breaks. That do helps. Also, the fact that i see the biggest loser and see themselves putting all they got, it does give me courage to stick with it.
Oh and please don't say you can't do it. You can do it ^-^ The first few days might too hard, but you'll see yourself improve every single day ^-^ It's a great feeling and i know you don't want to miss it ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:44 AM   #167  
Bikini Season :)

i upped to the level 2 too fast! i couldnt even finish it and had to go back to level 1. i have a hard time doing it because we live in a small apartment and when the boy isnt at work, he is here! i'm too embarrassed to do it in front of him so i've only been doing it every couple days and going to the gym on the off days.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Level 2 day 3 done. I still sweated bad, but it's so good.

Is Jillian gay?

Heather- It is very brutal.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #169  
Bikini Season :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post

Is Jillian gay?
thats been the rumor. personally, i have no idea and i have not researched it much. i heard she was tied to the lesbian gym owner of that personal training reality show in LA... the name is totally escaping me right now.

regardless, i love her! she is so motivating and so good at what she does. she is also GORGEOUS and watching her while i work out is FABULOUS motivation! and frankly, if she wanted me - i'd def start questioning my own sexual orientation!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:54 AM   #170  

Height: 5'5"

I just got this a few days ago and did L1D1 and it kicked my butt! I've done some pretty intense workouts before (tabata drills anyone?) but this is a whole 'nother level of intense.

Anyway, due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn't able to work out for two days, so I'm starting over tomorrow. I can't wait to see everyone's results!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Kate - the show is called Work It. The woman's name is Jackie I believe.. I agree, Jillian could cause me to switch teams

Heather - glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious!!

Day 8 completed yesterday, I just forgot to post! I came home from work, and although we were went to a party, I sneaked the workout in! I reallllly contemplated not doing it, bad me.. but since I wasn't sore, or sick, I'm going to just keep at 'er! Especially since I'm feeling some results, my waist looks visibly smaller!! I will do measurements on Wednesday!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #172  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

day 5 completed.

OMG it's been 5 days already. I can't believe i am able to stick with it lolz.
Day 5 - great improvement since i didn't think during the WHOLE TIME "i'm going to die". lolz. I can see my endurance has gone up since day 1. ^-^ Today, i can really tell that my legs were shaking after the workout. My arms are obviously stronger since i can lift my dumbbells much easier than the 1st day. Oh i haven't told you guys. I didn't switch to 1kg dumbbells and sticked to 3 kg. I thought i couldn't but after day 5, i can see that i'm capable to lift them

I still haven't seen any much improvement on visual muscles yet. But my bf (which learn martial arts and stuff) touched my arms and said that he can feel the muscle is growing. So i'm glad. I trust him on this matter so i'll take that

@kate: yes if Jillian wants to take me, i would definitely question my own sexual orientation as well lol. She's just simply gorgeous.
@swimgirl: congrate on your smaller waist ^-^ it's awesome to be able to see such improvement isn't it I can't wait for my waist to come down a lil bit as well.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Well if that's the case then Jackie needs to get Jillian straight because she is for sure flirting with Nicole on that DVD. Maybe it was before they were together and she was still playing the field. Regardless, it makes me laugh so I don't notice how bad those double jumprope's are.

Watch it, I swear she's just about licking her chops every time she goes to talk to her! LoL.

Sorry for outing her, I kinda feel bad now since people didn't know. 5 years in the Army tends to give you ultrasonic gaydar, so I apologize. She's is fantastic and horrible all at the same time, and yeah, after experiencing her workouts I would probably date her too. I bet she's intense about *everything*.

Last edited by NishKitten; 10-05-2008 at 12:37 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Jillian is not gay. She's talked about a boyfriend on her radio show. Although, I think she also mentioned them breaking up (I'm obsessed with her radio show, I'm listening right now!).

And I really don't think she's flirting with Natalie on the video. If that's flirting, I must flirt waaaaaaaay more than I ever realized.

As for Jackie, the woman on Work Out, Jillian used to own Sky Sport with Jackie, but sold her part, because it did not fit with her philosophies on working out and weight loss.

I'm a big Jillian fan.

Last edited by girl anachronism; 10-05-2008 at 01:33 PM.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #175  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I just woke up and my whole body is sore. I start day 2 level 1 and I'm gonna push through the pain. I can't wait to see the results has the days go by. Jillian rocks!! And is kickin my butt everytime I do this dvd.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #176  

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl anachronism View Post
Jillian is not gay. She's talked about a boyfriend on her radio show. Although, I think she also mentioned them breaking up (I'm obsessed with her radio show, I'm listening right now!).

And I really don't think she's flirting with Natalie on the video. If that's flirting, I must flirt waaaaaaaay more than I ever realized.

As for Jackie, the woman on Work Out, Jillian used to own Sky Sport with Jackie, but sold her part, because it did not fit with her philosophies on working out and weight loss.

I'm a big Jillian fan.
Or they had a bad break up.

Bwahahaha!!! Mmmkay... she and Vanessa were best friends like Lindsay and Sam. She can try the tomboy thing all she wants, but i'm not buying it. She's playing for both teams temporarily, or she likes the ladies.

When 98% of your female friends and coworkers are lesbanese (lol), but have to keep it super secret, you learn to pick up on little nuances. She's def checking her out and flirting. I got some of my friends on this DVD and ironically that was the first thing they joked about as well. I'm not crazy, I swear!

Speaking of which, I suddenly dropped 6lbs overnight, and it's kind of freaking me out. I thought I looked unusually slender this morning so I weighed myself and yep, -6. I also woke up to the beginning outlines of a six pack and my inner arms now have that cut in the bicep! I'm also starting to get a cut in my inner thighs. WHOO!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #177  

Nish- I'm so jealous!!! That has not happened to me. I can tell I'm losing inches but no weight at all. It doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if I'll be this weight forever and just keep losing inches.... I know that won't happen but I've been this weight for three months! Level 2 day 4 done. I also made up the one day I missed when I was sick from level 1. I can't believe I did two workouts, she's really kicking my butt.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 235/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 13 done!

I truly feel like I am, as Jillian says, gargling my heart.
girl anachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Nish- I'm so jealous!!! That has not happened to me. I can tell I'm losing inches but no weight at all. It doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if I'll be this weight forever and just keep losing inches.... I know that won't happen but I've been this weight for three months! Level 2 day 4 done. I also made up the one day I missed when I was sick from level 1. I can't believe I did two workouts, she's really kicking my butt.
I always find that my changes happen drastically and in giant leaps, never gradual like a lot of other people. When I first started 30DS, the first 6 days or so I actually *gained* 10lbs and all of my clothes barely fit, then all the sudden I dropped some of the puff and went back to normal, and now it seems like the fat and water are disappearing and I can see the muscle definition. I hate how unpredictable and stubborn my body is, and as much as it is a blessing to have such a high lean muscle content and be able to put on muscle so easily, it's really hard to guage how many calories I need, so thats most of the problem.

I asked my new primary care doc when I saw him early this week and he did a body composition test. He told me straight up that my weight fluctuates wildly because my body is constantly in a fasting mode, that i've got genetics that body builders dream about, and I need almost 1000 more calories a day.

Apparently it's a lot more than I thought, or even desire to eat so i've added protein shakes to bump my daily cals from 1100-1300 to 1900-2100 since Thursday. It did the trick, and I suddenly don't need 12 hours of sleep a day to feel rested anymore either.

It could be something as simple as that.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #180  

Nish- I've been playing around with my calories for a while. I upped them to 2200 and I actually started gaining. Now I'm back to 1800 and haven't lost any. I keep losing inches but I have only lost 4 in the last three months. But I've lost a lot of inches. I've gone from a size 22 to an 18 so I guess I'm doing something right but I can't get below 280. Grr.... I don't know what else to do.